Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
crazy

never thought i would see a live action star wars series

never thought id see a breaking bad movie

I mean.....Anakin gave up on his family and friends......

But hey, no need to go over all this, none of you are changing your minds so it's no biggie. Luke will be a force ghost in 9 and I'm sure some more stuff will be revealed.
But that wasn't via character development or even a slip in judgement.

He was manipulated and groomed towards those decisions. Also flat out lied too to totally push him over the edge.

Its not the same thing at all since Anakin was never the heart of gold farm boy Luke was. He was a slave. Look at the origins.

I mean even when they had Luke be tempted by the dark side in the OT that **** got nipped in the bud fast and when it sort of came back it appears to all be a bit of a charade in that final fight.

Perhaps if they showed a bit more that led to his decision fans could accept a bit more. They chose not to and it came off as poor storytelling. Like even if they were gonna just tell they could've said before Luke was tempted to kill his nephew in his sleep he had suffered a string of Ls and noticed a disturbance in the force. Maybe another padawan also ditched him cuz of a difference in views.

But nah.

Considering the TFA/TLJ movies take place literally, on a 3-Day weekend, I wouldn’t doubt it:lol:
I forgot this :smh:

I mean even when they had Luke be tempted by the dark side in the OT that **** got nipped in the bud fast and when it sort of came back it appears to all be a bit of a charade in that final fight.

And you don't question this...?

Luke was an orphan. He had mommy and daddy issues. He grew up under an oppressive authoritarian regime and during war times.Everyone he loves is murdered. He wanted to bang his sister. He wanted to kill Darth Siddious.

But his anger issues were "nipped in the bud quick."

And you don't question this...?

Luke was an orphan. He had mommy and daddy issues. He grew up under an oppressive authoritarian regime and during war times.Everyone he loves is murdered. He wanted to bang his sister. He wanted to kill Darth Siddious.

But his anger issues were "nipped in the bud quick."
Yeah cuz you're just omitting the other side that negated all of that; he deeply believed in hope, so much so that he held out after Obi died, then trained and actually learned from Yoda to better understand and deal with those conflicting emotions, he weathered the mind**** of Vader being his dad, had trusted new friends that supported him throughout.

Lets look at him wanting to kill Sidious. Why did he even want to kill him? Cuz he was the man that corrupted his father and used him to establish an obsessive authoritarian regime across the galaxy. At that point Luke has already resolved Vader being his father and naturally redirected those negative emotions to the evil mastermind that was the cause of it.

Luke temporarily hated Vader when he thought he killed his "father". Then hated Sidious for turning his father in to Vader. That's not the same as a much older experienced Luke sensing the disturbing thoughts and great power from a child - who he was training to control that power and quell those thoughts - and dwelling on the idea to just kill his nephew as a solution. It doesn't track.

Especially after the climax of RotJ where Luke once again overcomes those dark side urges and his dad steps in and kills the bad guy. Luke literally watches as Anakin reemerges, commits a selfless act, knowing he'd die and sense the change in his father. He then has a touching farewell with his father. That's why the line about he saw this before doesn't make any sense of been talking about Vader. First off Luke wasn't around to see Anakin become that and turn to the dark side so he wouldn't even know how that type of thing starts. Furthermore, if he's aware of Snoke he'd at least know his nephew is being manipulated and know how to handle this (either throw Snoke down a bottomless shaft in a big ship or purposely lose to Snoke while motivating his nephew to succeed where he failed). Instead he's so tempted to kill his own nephew he draws his lightsaber while Ben sleeps.

You can not rationally connect Luke's circumstances growing up, his growing pains, his entire character arc in the OT to him in a flashback in TLJ about to kill his nephew and his weak explanation for it.

Last edited:
Yes you can, easily.

One fleeting moment of weakness. It's that simple. He had one brief moment.

He knew the history of his father, what he himself had gone thru, and therefore what Kylo was capable of.

To him, it was just the one weak moment where he caught himself. From Kylo's point of view, Luke was going to kill him. Mind made up and everything.

It's easy to explain that.

Yeah cuz you're just omitting the other side that negated all of that; he deeply believed in hope, so much so that he held out after Obi died, then trained and actually learned from Yoda to better understand and deal with those conflicting emotions, he weathered the mind**** of Vader being his dad, had trusted new friends that supported him throughout.

Lets look at him wanting to kill Sidious. Why did he even want to kill him? Cuz he was the man that corrupted his father and used him to establish an obsessive authoritarian regime across the galaxy. At that point Luke has already resolved Vader being his father and naturally redirected those negative emotions to the evil mastermind that was the cause of it.

Luke temporarily hated Vader when he thought he killed his "father". Then hated Sidious for turning his father in to Vader. That's not the same as a much older experienced Luke sensing the disturbing thoughts and great power from a child - who he was training to control that power and quell those thoughts - and dwelling on the idea to just kill his nephew as a solution. It doesn't track.

Especially after the climax of RotJ where Luke once again overcomes those dark side urges and his dad steps in and kills the bad guy. Luke literally watches as Anakin reemerges, commits a selfless act, knowing he'd die and sense the change in his father. He then has a touching farewell with his father. That's why the line about he saw this before doesn't make any sense of been talking about Vader. First off Luke wasn't around to see Anakin become that and turn to the dark side so he wouldn't even know how that type of thing starts. Furthermore, if he's aware of Snoke he'd at least know his nephew is being manipulated and know how to handle this (either throw Snoke down a bottomless shaft in a big ship or purposely lose to Snoke while motivating his nephew to succeed where he failed). Instead he's so tempted to kill his own nephew he draws his lightsaber while Ben sleeps.

You can not rationally connect Luke's circumstances growing up, his growing pains, his entire character arc in the OT to him in a flashback in TLJ about to kill his nephew and his weak explanation for it.

Luke himself said that he had ONE fleeting moment of weakness (one). This is extremely human and relatable. Everyone including Jesus in the Bible has one moment of questioning their faith. His misfortune was that during this moment when he briefly drew his lightsaber his nephew saw him and it caused him to also lose his faith. (We see this moment through two difference perspectives to highlight how Kylo experienced it and how Luke did to show how it could be interpreted differently by both and affect each differently.) Then Luke felt devastated by and ashamed of the consequences of his moment of weakness and felt like a a failure. Chosen one prophesies or not he never wanted to be responsible for that kind of destruction and death again. He also further questioned the futility of his own path and struggle and felt depression and self loathing. As one would following such a traumatic experience...

Luke’s circumstances and actions track fine. They’re the same mistakes everyone makes. They humanize him. Y’all just want to believe in biblical space superhero Santa clause though.

Last edited:
Is that Mike Zeroh guy just full of crap? I saw he’s been busy in the last few days with a ton of Episode IX “spoilers” which sound interesting, but he just comes across as clickbait hungry to me so I don’t watch them.

Is that Mike Zeroh guy just full of crap? I saw he’s been busy in the last few days with a ton of Episode IX “spoilers” which sound interesting, but he just comes across as clickbait hungry to me so I don’t watch them.
:lol: I don't know if he's full of crap exactly he just more or less reads every and any star wars roomer posted on the internet and makes a video about it almost none of the information that he posts ever comes true but for what it's worth he doesn't pretend to have inside information either, I personally can't **** with the dude

hes complete trash man

misleading *** titles of his speculation to rumors.

he did say one time they brought george lucas in on the set of episode 9 to help out

probably for the scenes on naboo

Haha, damn. I figured the stuff he titled his videos were definitely just for the clicks. I guess content is content:lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

100.webp

Luke himself said that he had ONE fleeting moment of weakness (one). This is extremely human and relatable. Everyone including Jesus in the Bible has one moment of questioning their faith. His misfortune was that during this moment when he briefly drew his lightsaber his nephew saw him and it caused him to also lose his faith. (We see this moment through two difference perspectives to highlight how Kylo experienced it and how Luke did to show how it could be interpreted differently by both and affect each differently.) Then Luke felt devastated by and ashamed of the consequences of his moment of weakness and felt like a a failure. Chosen one prophesies or not he never wanted to be responsible for that kind of destruction and death again. He also further questioned the futility of his own path and struggle and felt depression and self loathing. As one would following such a traumatic experience...

Luke’s circumstances and actions track fine. They’re the same mistakes everyone makes. They humanize him. Y’all just want to believe in biblical space superhero Santa clause though.
Nah.

Now you trying to belittle and downplay Luke sensing his nephew's anger and/or hatred, knowing his potential, knowingly walking in to that tent/hut and thinking of killing a child.

You're trying to run with the word "fleeting" while ignoring the act contemplated; Child murder.

**** Jesus (fictional one and the non-fiction one if he existed).

:lol: @ Luke being the one that went through a traumatic experience cuz he thought about killing his nephew to the point he drew a weapon and got caught.

Y'all some sick ****s man :lol: :smh: NOTHING in Luke's past explains or excuses that.

Also this has nothing to do with putting Luke on a pedestal. He's no idol of mine. I don't even like the character :lol: I'm not even saying this is about him always being a good character. They tried to use the events of the OT to explain his actions and thoughts which cause Ben to dip. I'm talking about reasonable and sensible storytelling.

Even if you're gonna make Luke a disappointment or temporarily shameful it has to make actual sense. Not require leaps in logic that you can rationalize it away cuz in detail look at it doesn't hold up.

You want to humanize a character then you do it right. You're not telling me we all make one mistake like thinking about killing a child.

Last edited:
Yes you can, easily.

One fleeting moment of weakness. It's that simple. He had one brief moment.

He knew the history of his father, what he himself had gone thru, and therefore what Kylo was capable of.

To him, it was just the one weak moment where he caught himself. From Kylo's point of view, Luke was going to kill him. Mind made up and everything.

It's easy to explain that.
Nah :lol:

If it was somewhere established by Lucas that all force users are prone or even susceptible to sociopathic/psychopathic thoughts I'd agree.

You're also downplaying this. I'm not even talking about the different interpretations of the scene. I'm talking about Luke having the thought at all with that bull **** reasoning.

When did Luke Skywalker become Dexter?

A fleeting moment of weakness is a married man kissing a co-worker but stopping himself from full on sex.

In context, a fleeting moment of weakness is a light side force user temporarily giving in to negative emotions in a fight like Obi-Wan vs. Maul after Qui-Gon was killed.

Not this kid is very strong in the force and also very troubled. Maybe I should just kill him now.

And to rationalize as this to him as if Luke's perception of this matters is crazy.

Last edited:
Definitely at an odd point with the SW Universe. Grew up with the Original Trilogy (Remembered Empire first as a kid). Never really cared for Prequel Trilogy (Clones and Order 66 saved interest). The Sequel Trilogy took a downturn with Episode 8. Hoping for a rebound in storytelling for 9.

Disappointed they canned standalone movies. Rogue One was great, but Solo and announced before stopped movies did not capture my interest. Still miffed they sidelined previous now Legacy content. So much existing rich possibilities.

Cartoons aren't my thing, so really interested in the live action because of subject: go Mandalorians, Old Republic or Empire/Expanded Universe. Make Star Wars Great Again.

giphy.gif

Y'all gonna have to watch out for that Make ______ great again comments :lol: Especially with all of the female and minority backlash and harassment by alleged fans of minority actors ing he movies.

Risk being grouped in with the rest.

Nah :lol:

If it was somewhere established by Lucas that all force users are prone or even susceptible to sociopathic/psychopathic thoughts I'd agree.

You're also downplaying this. I'm not even talking about the different interpretations of the scene. I'm talking about Luke having the thought at all with that bull **** reasoning.

When did Luke Skywalker become Dexter?

A fleeting moment of weakness is a married man kissing a co-worker but stopping himself from full on sex.

In context, a fleeting moment of weakness is a light side force user temporarily giving in to negative emotions in a fight like Obi-Wan vs. Maul after Qui-Gon was killed.

Not this kid is very strong in the force and also very troubled. Maybe I should just kill him now.

And to rationalize as this to him as if Luke's perception of this matters is crazy.

HIS OWN FATHER MURDERED DOZENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF KIDS.

Dozens, fam.

"Master Skywalker, wut are we going to do?"

*Ignites blade*

Anakin was a God damn hero 14 minutes earlier. :lol:

And "child" like Ben was some baby, he was a grown *** man. A powerful, potentially dangerous, grown *** man. And he had a single, momentary, evil thought.

And regretted it, immediately, and felt total shame.

His father went blade deep in dozens of younger children.

But hey, let's ignore that and pretend there's zero chance Luke could have a single weak moment like that's some horrible writing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom