• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Similar gun

20181011_100353.jpg

Not counting the work-hours to customize it, how much are all the parts total?

To have all top quality stuff, like we have in the photo, you're looking at about $2-3k alone. And that's without the wait times and builder work.

Of course, there's budget versions and ways to cut corners/cost, but you'll definitely be able to tell. Probably why there's so many Mandalorian Mercs running around with their customized stuff.

They comfortable as hell actually:lol:

But yeah, Star Wars costumes are a moneypit because everything is custom. You gotta be crazy to take it this far, right Proposition Joe Proposition Joe , Jim Shady Jim Shady :D

Its definitely a money pit and it’s definitely insane when you really think about what your spending money on. But it’s worth the feeling you get when each part comes in. Also it seems that quality parts somewhat maintain their value.

If you’re handy and can paint good you’ll save a lot of money. I’d rather just pay someone top dollar to do it correctly.
Shiiiiiii I Bondoed and painted all of my parts and fabricated my belt boxes on my Vader and I've still dumped a good 3k into my costume the biggest problem in this hobby is you start seeing the little details that no one else will ever see or even really would care about but you notice it and then you NEED to upgrade to higher ended stuff I don't think I'll ever have my suit 100% finished .....money pit indeed jaypesoz jaypesoz

Last edited:
if its one costume id go all out for it would be.....

jabba the hut

whoever makes the t rex blow up costumes need to get on it

Who all has been to a Star Wars celebration before? I’m watching videos on YouTube, do you really have to wait in line for 4 hours before you can get in?

Who all has been to a Star Wars celebration before? I’m watching videos on YouTube, do you really have to wait in line for 4 hours before you can get in?
Last celebration here in otown was ALOT of waiting but it was mostly to get wristbands for the panels the 40th anniversary panel and the last Jedi panel people camped out in some cases for 2 days :sick: hell nah! For the most part though I would have show up at like 5 am to get a wristband but it was worth it for the two Mark Hamill shows one of em being a tribute to Carrie Fisher , but yeah if you're planning on going this year plan on waiting alot

Last celebration here in otown was ALOT of waiting but it was mostly to get wristbands for the panels the 40th anniversary panel and the last Jedi panel people camped out in some cases for 2 days :sick: hell nah! For the most part though I would have show up at like 5 am to get a wristband but it was worth it for the two Mark Hamill shows one of em being a tribute to Carrie Fisher , but yeah if you're planning on going this year plan on waiting alot

So how to cosplayers with serious and heavy costumes manage? I was thinking about getting friday tickets for my fam but that doesn't sound appealing at all.

So how to cosplayers with serious and heavy costumes manage? I was thinking about getting friday tickets for my fam but that doesn't sound appealing at all.
When I wore my Vader I just devoted a day to walking the show floor I did it the first day knowing I wasn't going to go see any panels since I didn't plan on sleeping on the streets to see the anniversary show that was actually the easiest day because I showed up around 1, suited up and walked the exhibit hall for 3 or 4 hours fun experience for sure , I'm probably going to research the panels this year and figure on doing the same thing, as far as the wife and kids? My wife likes star wars but doesn't love it and hates bug crowds soshe was a trooper going two of the days , my son went with me every day we had a great time even with all the waiting my daughter hell no she didn't even go one day

Yeah, them lines are crazy and I don’t think people in the more armored costumes even bother waiting. I don’t even bother going to panels and stuff:lol:

Oh okay so its the panels that have those long lines and people camping out, the regular convention line moves?

Also do you guys think a few saturday tickets will pop up on stub hub next year shortly before the event :nerd:

Tickets will definitely pop up. A good number of folks always seem to back out at the last minute for one reason or another.

Back
Top Bottom