Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone purchased any of the Lego x Star Wars merchandise? I was thinking of buying and set or two and let them sit for a few years hoping they'll be worth something serious. I hear Lego's have become a better investment than gold lol.

Man seriously the bad guys look way top heavy for episode 8.

You still got phasma kylo snoke hux the knights of ren, rumored benicio del toro baddie....

Good guys just rey. Han dead. Finn out of commission. Luke retired.

Chewie and rey against the world

Whats poe gonna do? Run the knights of ren over with an xwing ala a halo banshee?

Nien numb and ackbar need to step the hell up in the next one!

All facts.

Also Hosnian Prime and the rest of the New Republic is wiped out.

I hope Episode VIII is Ozymandias on steroids.

It's going to be so raw. I want it to be dark as hell

I want that Boba Fett movie to be dark. But they'll prolly make it PG 13 :smh:

Also, I hope Han and Boba's movies release before episode 9. I want Star Wars to all end on that chapter.

I don't want to go back in time again after the final trilogy is over. Wrap all that **** up before the last movie.

There is no "wrapping up". These stories are forever now.

The "last" movie will be 100 years from now, they'll never stop.

A new film, every year, til they stop making money. (Never)

:x I hope not. I really hope it ends after episode 9 for the main storyline. Like, spinoff movies are cool, do Han, Boba, the Rebel Alliance movie, etc etc.

But please let the main episodes end at 9. Disney will run them into the ground.

They have their hands full enough with all these Marvel movies (ahem, we need a Silver Surfer movie)

Chewie and rey against the world

it felt good to see chewy get through the episode & be back on the falcon

he has seen a lot

Chewie is old a ****.

He's probably seen much worse than this. Chewie a intergalactic street cat.

Chewie was probably that cool *** uncle to Ben growing up. Probably changed his diaper when he was baby. I could see Chewie schooling young Ben in holochess. Taught him how to spit game to these twi'lek thots. Probably let young Ben joyride in the Falcon while Han was away nerfherding.

Helpless af on the sidelines, watching as his nephew offed his best friend/brother, damn shame :smh:

Bruh :lol: Chewie as the OG is definitely legit

Chewie deserves his own movie, or at least his own novel going into his history. Would be dope if he had some crazy ish going on before he met Han and how he escaped the Galactic Empire and being a slave.

Is Disney going to bring back Boba from the dead? (Or I guess have him somehow survive and escape that monster he's in)

Nah, Boba and Han are getting their own spin off movies. Ain't no coming back from being eaten :lol:

Last edited:
Holiest of grails

tell me that isn't yours? :nerd:

got this one too? :nerd: ...

View media item 1848631

These are the OG toys that go for a lot because most people opened them right? I don't understand why people don't open the Black Series figures. Their value will never sky rocket like these old toys when EVERYONE keeps them in the box hoping for a profit now. Just take them out of the box and enjoy them lol. Same goes for Funko Pops. I think adults don't open their toys in hopes to make their hobby seem to have a mature end goal of selling. But, really, there are far better investments than toys out there lol. People come over to my place and see my toys displayed, asked about them, but are afraid to touch them until I pick them up and throw them at them. Then they're checking out every detail.

Last edited:
ZHfYOs1.png

2TJPmew.png

4pzFI2Q.png

HsIHfzw.png

Any of you read the book?

I think Rey got training from Luke (pops) from 0-8 years old but he put a mind block on her before dropping her off on Jakku. He realized too late that Snorke was manipulating his pupils from the shadows.

She's got some dark in her. In the book she's got a voice saying Kill HIM after she washes Kylo.

Also she is frustrated kylo knows more about her. In the book when she out forces him for the lightsaber he says, it is her. I think that clearly implies he jnew her or knew of her when was young.

Also Snorke has been around for a long time.

Which book are you referring to?

On the toy note:

I have a box full of unopened power of the force figures. I planned on giving them to my son someday. I thought by now they would be worth more. I was wrong. 

I checked a couple years back and the whole box was only worth about 600.

Boba Fett is a bum.

Guy literally has like four lines in the entire OT and less than seven minutes of screen time. I have zero interest in seeing his story played out in his own movie.

I always thought boba fett reached cult status soley based off the strength of his costume. Arguably better than vaders.

Yeah he looked cool as ****. He's a dope action figure and i think thats where most people fan boyed out for him
Oh well I can kinda get that. Even though I'm not in to toys and that started young.

Disagree about better costume but that's just different tastes.

Boba Fett is a bum.

Guy literally has like four lines in the entire OT and less than seven minutes of screen time. I have zero interest in seeing his story played out in his own movie.
I can see this side too :lol: His death was weak and close to forgettable.

There is a story there for a solo movie though.

Last edited:

What if Rey isn't anyone's "daughter" and was a product of the Force like Anikan?....
it would be very dumb, just like anakin's backstory 

Anakins backstory wasn't dumb because he naturally had the force.

It was dumb because it was just dumb :lol:
it was just a classic example of the prequels being lazy and telling you stuff rather than showing it

"he has more midiclorians than yoda"

proceeds to never look anything more than an average jedi on screen for the rest of the prequels

its like they didnt know how to show how powerful he was because everyone's fighting styles are the same highly choreographed foolishness, so they just imply it in exposition 

They got lazy on the story and execution of emotion and just like you said, showing power instead of just explaining everything.

They spent all the time and resources on CGI and all the newest technologies/special effects for 1999

Same reason why Spiderman sucked.

TBH the Matrix is the only film from the early 2000's to pull it all off.
it came out 5 years earlier but jurassic park was amazing with what it did with CGI 

That's not really fair of a critique. I thought the prophecy angle was pretty good. It brought more weight and intrigue to Vader and that he wasn't just a regular Jedi.

He displayed his gifted abilities in many ways even though he got washed at times using his lightsaber.
(Took out Dooku, slayed all the Sandpeople, massacred like all the Jedi, etc.)

Just because he was strong with the force didn't mean he automatically was godly skilled with a lightsaber. For example, Lebron is probably the most talented ball player ever but will never be as great of a shooter as Steph.

Yes, many of the examples of his power are weakly exploited but I don't think that was the point of the prequels..

@Seamanup you mentioned earlier that you wished there was a Jedi that wasn't a "extremist" basically, that he was a normal guy who just happened to be a Jedi. That totally goes against the traits of what it means to be a Jedi. It may seem "boring" but in a galaxy of normal individuals that "boriness" of a Jedi lifestyle stands out as unique.

You can't limp in between two aspects of the dark and the light. You either just become overly basic and eventually deteriorate or just deteriorate as a person. Episode 3 may have not left that kind of impression on the masses of character introspection but if you look past some of superficial flaws of the film its definitely there.

Anakin was a very flawed character cloaked in the mask of the chosen one. He had many desires of power and felt jealousy, fear, disappointment etc.. While trying to live up to the high standards of being a Jedi all of this these other traits brewing underneath adds depth to his character. Also, while trying to put the puzzle of his life together he started a new one with Padme on the low and got her pregnant. He was living a lie as a Jedi not following the code and potentially being expelled.

It sucks that many people couldn't see that in the prequels. I think with better writing or acting this could have been fleshed out. Even though it wasn't it still is there.

I always thought boba fett reached cult status soley based off the strength of his costume. Arguably better than vaders.

Yeah he looked cool as ****. He's a dope action figure and i think thats where most people fan boyed out for him
Oh well I can kinda get that. Even though I'm not in to toys and that started young.

Disagree about better costume but that's just different tastes.

Boba Fett is a bum.

I can see this side too :lol: His death was weak and close to forgettable.

There is a story there for a solo movie though.

Look up Death Watch. His race of people are very intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom