Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Episode 3 could've been good if Anakin didn't go from good guy to killing kids with no remorse and wanting to control the galaxy in a span of 15 mins. Absolutely no transition. I mean, the only questionable thing he did before that was get revenge on the sand people for killing his mother, now suddenly he's a psychopath?

That's exactly right - ep2 should have been the transition and in 3 he could gave become Vader.

I know a lot of people are opposed to it for multiple to reasons, but I'm telling you, the Clone Wars cartoon does so much to redeem the character of Anakin Skywalker. Dude is a beast in that show, and you can see why he feels the way he does about the council / Jedi etc in Episode III via the cartoon.

And am I the only person who thinks AOTC is by far the worst Star Wars film? I've mentioned multiple times on here how much I love this franchise, and I have to literally force myself Episode 2 when I go through my monthly viewing of the saga :lol:

Absolutely HORRIBLE movie.

I hear what you sayin on Clones, but Menace is by far worse.

If you took out Maul from Phantom, that movie would have pushed me over the edge to hunt down Lucas myself.

At least with Clones, we get Jango, we see a glimpse of where Anakin is headed, and we have the war beginnings which were ok.

Yes, them rolling around in the grass was terrible, as was the Yoda duel with Dokuu, but it's still better than all the Jar Jar and 8 year old Phantom Menace crap. :smh:

And darth maul man... Why the **** do they kill him off after one movie? Like seriously that guy was cool as hell and hes only in one live movie?

Someone told me they go more into his orgins and hes alive in the cartoon? Like why not put that in the movie?

One thing that did bother me about the original star wars was why the **** didnt luke habe more emotion when his aunt and uncle were killed and burned to death? Lol like seriously :lol:

Yea, the family who raised him since birth was never mentioned again in the series after their deaths :lol: Dude was so juiced to get off the planet that he completely forgot the only two people in his life. Dude was always a little @#$@$ though, never liked him. Loved watching Vader kick his @#$

Last edited:
Anakin was the whiny *****. I thought Luke was OK.

Lucas did a terrible job building up Anakin. He didn't seem like a great man at all; just a petulant child. Really killed the appeal of Darth Vader.

Man, the prequels were just AWFUL. :lol:

Anakin was the whiny *****. I thought Luke was OK.

Lucas did a terrible job building up Anakin. He didn't seem like a great man at all; just a petulant child. Really killed the appeal of Darth Vader.

Man, the prequels were just AWFUL. :lol:

They really were. I still think ROTS is the 3rd best Star Wars movie, but AOTC and TPM :x

See, I feel that's somewhat possible with Sith bein better than Jedi. I still think I would rate Jedi ahead, but I can understand why someone would think Sith is better.

Thing is, Sith pisses me off so much.

Here the first 2 suck so damn much, and then the 3rd one comes along, with long odds against it, and manages to do a very nice job tying up "some" loose ends.

Before it came out, I mentioned to some friends that it needs to be like a 4 hour movie to make up for all the holes Lucas left.

Obviously, he decided to speed up a lil bit with Anankin turning to the Dark Side at light speed. :smh:

It pisses me off greatly that he screws the first two movies, then does a solid movie for the 3rd. Where the **** was that effort and work in 97? :smh:

And taking out the entire Jedi existence in 4 minutes. :stoneface:

If only he would have combined Phantom and Attack into one movie, Sith the 2nd, and then had Vader and Emperor hunt down the remaining Jedi like he should have, we could have had an orgasmic 3rd film leading to ANH.

I'd bet anything that one of these 3 spin offs is between ROTS and ANH and is exactly that, Vader hunting down the Jedi.

Almost makes too much sense.

If they do that, I want them to show Vader using the same bounty hunters he had lined up in Empire. THAT, would be dope.

Vader and Boba hunting down Jedi would please me a great deal. :lol:

I thought ROTS had some good emotional punch to it (i.e. Order 66 and everyone being separated at the end) but was too rushed and still had AWFUL dialogue. I favor ROTJ but I'm biased cause Jedi was my favorite movie growing up :lol:

Sith was decent, way better than AOTC and TPM but had its fair share of flaws.

Agreed. Would add alot to that simple scene of Vader just talked to them in Episode 5.

Never even thought about a Vader / Boba Jedi hunting spree team up, would be :smokin

I'm extremely excited for episodes VII, but I don't know, starting to think about the possibilities of the spin offs has gotten me a little more excited for them.

I still can't believe we're getting more movies in general :lol:

Biggest problem with Sith imo was the Order 66 scene. The concept was awesome, but the execution was bad. The Palpatine rescue should've been shortened and order 66 should have been made into at least an entire act of the movie instead of just one scene. Would've been dope to actually see the raid on the temple too. Or see Anakin show remorse after killing the younglings instead of after killing the separatist :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
A Boba Fett film, half focused on him and half focused on an apprentice. At the end they fight, Boba wins.

Act I
Vader hires Boba to kill a powerful Jedi
We're introduced to his apprentice

Act ii
Boba kills the Jedi master
The apprentice gets his first kill
Emperor hires Boba to kill the apprentice

Act iii
Apprentice gets another kill
Boba kills apprentice.
Vader attacks Boba, Boba escapes

During film:
Vader finds out about children
Emperor solidifies power
Rebel alliance is formed
Yoda disappears.

Last edited:
I thought ROTS had some good emotional punch to it (i.e. Order 66 and everyone being separated at the end) but was too rushed and still had AWFUL dialogue. I favor ROTJ but I'm biased cause Jedi was my favorite movie growing up :lol:

Sith was decent, way better than AOTC and TPM but had its fair share of flaws.

ROTS quotes/terms are running jokes between me and my friends (similar to Fast and Furious)

"You will try"-standard response to any challenge
"Not even the younglings survived"- One of my friends always seems to find the youngest girls at every party (not illegal though :lol: )
"I HATE YOU"
"You're breaking my heart" (in Natalie Portman voice) when one of us is getting our @#$ beat in a video game, beer pong, etc

Last edited:
Agreed. Would add alot to that simple scene of Vader just talked to them in Episode 5.

Never even thought about a Vader / Boba Jedi hunting spree team up, would be :smokin

I'm extremely excited for episodes VII, but I don't know, starting to think about the possibilities of the spin offs has gotten me a little more excited for them.

I still can't believe we're getting more movies in general :lol:

View media item 963396

Last edited:
A Boba Fett film, half focused on him and half focused on an apprentice. At the end they fight, Boba wins.

Their was a Jango Fett video game like this, was amazing :smokin

KingParappa KingParappa :lol: Completely forgot about that line :lol: Could definitely be retconned into referencing prior history.

Last edited:
The prequels are what they are, films that had great ideas but were poorly executed. I don't love them, but I don't necessarily hate them either.

All Anakin did was kill kids, and fight Ben. (And lose)

A New Hope references Vader betraying, hunting down and destroying the Jedi, and Lucas couldn't even get that right. :smh:

Anakin should have turned at the end of 2, battled and killed several Jedi for 2 hours to begin 3, then got beat down by Ben, put in suit, stands next to emporer, roll credits. None of that 66 crap and "Darth Vader" killing children.

The final fight between him and Kenobi was :pimp: though. Probably the only redeeming quality of that movie

Was watching lego yoda chronicles on disney xd lol **** is hilarious. They did my dude rusty dirty tho :lol:

Last edited:
Things seem to be picking up pace around the Star Wars sets in the Abu Dhabi desert, with shooting expected to start on Tuesday and last until at least the end of the month.

Curious day-trippers are likely to be disappointed, however, as our sources report that police and army are checking all vehicles in the area and making sure that anyone who isn’t supposed to be there is sent quickly on their way.

Our sources also report that the sets are getting closer to completion, with a “whole world” having been built on an otherworldly salt lake at one location, a “shuttle-like” spacecraft, a large tower, a “big, centuries-old-looking market”, something the crew are reportedly referring to as the “alien house” and 10 to 15 “really fast buggies” powered by jet engines (landspeeders of Tatooine fame from the previous films, perhaps?)

We have also been told that two lorries of explosives have been brought to one of the sites under high security and that a blast crater has been created. So, it looks like the action in Abu Dhabi could be set to feature a major battle or spacecraft crash of some description.

We also learnt that a group of technicians from the United Kingdom and Los Angeles are currently on site applying the finishing touches before the shoot begins and that some, unnamed, members of the cast are already here and have been out in the dunes practising driving the vehicles they’ll be using when filming begins.

With some of the crew already here (a source told us they checked into an Abu Dhabi hotel on Tuesday) and the main shoot expected to last until at least the end of the month (almost three weeks – and possibly longer depending on hitches such as sandstorms delaying shooting), it certainly looks as if Abu Dhabi is set to play a major role in the new movie. Disney’s chairman Alan Horn’s recent remarks that “We did some second-unit work in Abu Dhabi” may have been a slight understatement.

Star Wars: Episode VII, which is rumoured to have the working title The Ancient Fear, stars famous names – old and new – with the lead trio from the original Star Wars trilogy, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammill lining up alongside newcomers to the franchise such as Adam Driver and Max von Sydow, rumoured to be playing the new film’s lead villains. The film is due in cinemas in December 2015.
http://m.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/star-wars-filming-to-start-on-may-13-in-abu-dhabi-desert

According to the new issue of Entertainment Weekly..
Casting began in earnest in January.

- At press time, several roles have yet to be filled, including a major female lead.

- Michael Arndt's initial script has been significantly overhauled by Abrams and Kasdan, which led to a delay in casting.

- Hamill, Fisher, and Ford had been secured to return for Episode VII before the Disney sale in 2012.

- Hamill, Fisher, and Ford will all
have "significant" roles.

- Han Solo is considered a co-lead alongside 3 of the younger actors.

Don't know how I feel about Han leading over Luke. Although I guess it depends on the context of the story.

Last edited:
The prequels are what they are, films that had great ideas but were poorly executed. I don't love them, but I don't necessarily hate them either.

Exactly.

Sideus' rise to power was executed so perfectly. I almost appreciate that story more than the original IV-VI film's story backdrop.

I like that Han is the main character - always found him more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom