Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Creating a weapon of mass destruction to defeat a weapon of mass destruction is like saying we need more guns in schools to counter active shooters in schools.

If you're the "good guys" that is the rest of the galaxy, you don't show up on the First Orders "home planet" and blow it up. A, they don't have a home planet, and B, you would no longer be in fact, good guys slaughtering billions of people. :lol:

Oh, and it's been brought up........in the EU. :lol: :pimp:

Creating a weapon of mass destruction to defeat a weapon of mass destruction is like saying we need more guns in schools to counter active shooters in schools.

If you're the "good guys" that is the rest of the galaxy, you don't show up on the First Orders "home planet" and blow it up. A, they don't have a home planet, and B, you would no longer be in fact, good guys slaughtering billions of people. :lol:

Meh they got no issues blowing up Star Destroyers and other 'Fleet' ships which are crewed by (potentially hundreds of) thousands indoctrinated kidnapped children/clones, etc...

Meh they got no issues blowing up Star Destroyers and other 'Fleet' ships which are crewed by (potentially hundreds of) thousands indoctrinated kidnapped children/clones, etc...

True, they are in a war obviously, but there's no reason to create world destroying weapons, unless you are no longer the good guys.

kylo-ren-let-the-past-die-gif.gif

True, they are in a war obviously, but there's no reason to create world destroying weapons, unless you are no longer the good guys.

Isn't that what we have in present society my G? You have the 'world powers' with nuclear weapons, then you have 'rogue nations' with nuclear weapons as a countermeasure and/or to give them some type of leverage from being invaded by the former.

If one were to assume that 'planet killing' technology was newfound in the OT, why the hell haven't the Rebels or the rest of the galaxy acquired/developed something similar in the ST? No rational society, nation or confederation is going to stand by idly and let someone else have leverage over them.

That's always been the biggest problem for SW. They make all of these dope looking characters in their sleep, but at the end of the day, the only characters that matter are the main ones and everybody else are just jobbers for them.

I mean, just look at Ming Na Wen and Gwendoline Christie:rolleyes Can you believe Bill Burr's character had more meaningful screen time than those two?
I'll give Favreau the benefit of the doubt and say my bae Ming Na Wen will be done justice in s2.

Pure travesty with Phasma. Wasted design and character.
Dudes lurking in the shadows on the Rave planet and Kijimi like some Keystone cops, only to be washed by 'Ben' at the end. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Could've at least showed them subduing and capturing Chewie.
I forget, were they at least in the montage with Kylo to start the movie?

If not the majority of their appearances were standing around and walking looking like they were about to make a move but didn't.

They didn't even bother to show at what point Sidious swayed them to the final order and ditched supreme leader Kylo.
Like who do you rule if you keep destroying them? If they were complete enemies it’s one thing, but it’s planets they actually already rule, but some rebels came through one time.
Its especially ridiculous cuz Sidious is in that megalomania rule the galaxy kick not kill everyone in it.

Yeah.

This specifically doesn't work cuz at the end of these wars and conflicts cuz the new regime is ruling over the entire known galaxy. You don't need deterrents for resistance or rebellion fighters. It's not like earth's mutually assured nuclear destruction with America, Russia, China, England, etc.

I saw this elsewhere and a good deal of Asians are tight how she got minimized in TROS at least in Hollywood which spurred on that.

I got the same reaction to that as the casting a young Luke for the Kenobi series.

Why?

One's gonna be spending time fixing ships and **** the other is gonna spend time playing in the sand and fixing up droids.

Just saw the Rise of Skywalker!

As an end to a saga, I am okay with how things ended. Yes, there are flaws but that’s what happens when you have 40 years of Star Wars films. Palpatine gaining strength was bad as hell, I knew Rey was Palpatine blood but wasn’t sure how they were going to tie the whole story in. Hate how my man Kylo went out like that.

The Knights of Ren was a huge letdown. When they were in the desert I thought they were lay the smack down!

I give the film overall a 8/10. I definitely can’t wait to see it again. There was a lot of action and great moments. I like how they honored Leia. Luke was in boss mode as a Ghost.

For all the supposed deep history of General Hux, he was complete waste of space. Turned out to be incompetent ineffective middle management. Contrast his character with Allegiant General Pryde. Needed more of this guy and in all three movies. Channeled Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin vibes. Absolute BMF.

Last edited:
Palpatines ritual at the end was so dumb. How could he think that would work???

The fact that he flip flops between Rey killing him and the dyad restoring him makes no sense either.

Hell, him announcing that he's going to launch his 'Death Star' fleet when they're operating on some early 19th century, 'follow the leader' or 'hive mind' mentality right at the very start of the movie has to be the dumbest 'ish ever.

Hux being a spy only because he hated Kylo....*****.
Glad he got killed, what an awful character and waste of Gleason. It's like someone saw that hammy, mustache twirling officer that vader force choked in the original trilogy and said "that guy, we want more of that guy".

Rian Johnson turned him into a Spaceballs character in TLJ. Only fitting that he went out like that but I agree it was a complete waste of Gleeson. His character had some promise in TFA.

I'm a minority and do not care for diversity unless it's as organic as possible. It bothers me that Feige has to come out and state something like "Shang Chi cast is 98% Asian" or "there's going to be a trans character/hero in the MCU very soon.." Enough with the talking and just do the damn thing, give us great stories with great diverse characters instead of trying to use diversity as a selling point.

As for Star Wars and the recent trilogy, Force Awakens felt a little more organic but it's been hard to sit through most recent SW films and not think about whether someone's agenda is being forced. Literally watched a damn season of The Mandalorian and didn't even think about it.

I just re-read what I typed up in here for 7-8-9 if I were in charge back in 12-13-14, man........ :lol: They shoulda let me have the greenlight. The EU would be COOKING right now. It even amuses me considering Kennedy cryin about lack of material to go off of. :lol: :rofl:

A lot of Asians tight as hell over the Rose Tico demotion from what I’m seeing. Spewing nonsense out of anger now:lol:

Did they not see the backlash her character caused in TLJ? They tryna subject her to that **** again? Rose was/is the most useless character in the whole series.

I'm mad how this series completely wasted Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian in TFA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom