Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-they did Kylo dirty with his swift death. No final words, nothing. Reminded me of the death of Marion Cotillard in The Dark Knight Rises.

bruh :rofl: :rofl:

giphy.gif

why bring back Darth malgus who is no longer canon? Why not build something new?

Malgus would fall into the same fanboy traps of the original trilogy characters: “well actually he neverrr would have done that, it would have been more like this.”

If the IP runners are smart they’ll tell a completely original story.

They may change names/planets, but the ideas I bet will be fairly similar.

Like they could do a Rule of Two era, but not name him Bane, somethin like that.

Instead of Revan, it's Kevin, stupid **** like that. :lol:

But no matter, it should be EASY to set a time hundreds of years before TPM and tell stories of Sith, Jedi, and Mandalorians. Create dozens of new characters based heavily or loosely off the material Kennedy doesn't think exists. Could be open ended. Doesn't have to be a trilogy, could just do a number of film's under a same era like Old Republic 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc and just give each a name but under the Old Republic umbrella. Or call it Jedi/Sith War, whatever you like to differentiate the film's from the Skywalker 9.

They may change names/planets, but the ideas I bet will be fairly similar.

Like they could do a Rule of Two era, but not name him Bane, somethin like that.

Instead of Revan, it's Kevin, stupid **** like that. :lol:

But no matter, it should be EASY to set a time hundreds of years before TPM and tell stories of Sith, Jedi, and Mandalorians. Create dozens of new characters based heavily or loosely off the material Kennedy doesn't think exists. Could be open ended. Doesn't have to be a trilogy, could just do a number of film's under a same era like Old Republic 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc and just give each a name but under the Old Republic umbrella. Or call it Jedi/Sith War, whatever you like to differentiate the film's from the Skywalker 9.

Yeah considering TROS was ripped from Dark Empire you guys are correct.

And I actually think they already made Darth Bane canon in one of the series or books.

And I actually think they already made Darth Bane canon in one of the series or books.

Yeah, he made a cameo in one of the Mortis Trilogy episodes in Clone Wars. Looked different though. I kinda remember Filoni or George saying Revan was supposed be in that episode too but they cut it out for some reason.

Kylo’s name being Ben makes a lot of sense being that Obi-Wan is who brought the OT3 together. Not only that, he guided Luke’s path as a Jedi. The Jedi who would go on to essentially singlehandedly stop the Empire and become a legend. Leia sensed the force sensitivity in Ben since he was in the womb (also sensed Snoke reaching out to him which made no sense because Luke didn’t know about him nor did he go after him on top of him literally being a puppet for Sheev but I digress) so she knew her son had a lineage that proceeded him guaranteeing he would be powerful. Why wouldn’t the name of the first force sensitive person she had been told about who was also so instrumental to her brother and her father training not come across her mind?

With all that being said, **** the sequel trilogy

Yeah considering TROS was ripped from Dark Empire you guys are correct.

Yeah by my check Bane and Revan are canon and its really only a matter of time before Vitiate is along with what comes with him (Marka Ragnos, the brotherhood; Darth Trays, Nihilus, etc.)

Rian's vision for Star Wars didn't work for me, but Knives Out was a pretty damn good movie.

Yeah, Knights of Ren ended up being a HUGE disappointment, especially in getting taken out by Ben Solo in athleisure wear.

Dudes lurking in the shadows on the Rave planet and Kijimi like some Keystone cops, only to be washed by 'Ben' at the end. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Could've at least showed them subduing and capturing Chewie.

Last edited:
Dudes lurking in the shadows on the Rave planet and Kijimi like some Keystone cops, only to be washed by 'Ben' at the end. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Could've at least showed them subduing and capturing Chewie.

That's always been the biggest problem for SW. They make all of these dope looking characters in their sleep, but at the end of the day, the only characters that matter are the main ones and everybody else are just jobbers for them.

I mean, just look at Ming Na Wen and Gwendoline Christie:rolleyes Can you believe Bill Burr's character had more meaningful screen time than those two?

Kinda hilarious how much screen time they actually got this go round like they were gonna do something. Ended up just being like that slow motion walk of the crew in comedies shown over and over.

Makes no sense when you factor in that the Empire, First, Last, Final Order, etc... are after mineral resources and/or human resources.
Like who do you rule if you keep destroying them? If they were complete enemies it’s one thing, but it’s planets they actually already rule, but some rebels came through one time.

Like who do you rule if you keep destroying them? If they were complete enemies it’s one thing, but it’s planets they actually already rule, but some rebels came through one time.

Agreed 1000% on this. They knocked off Alderaan, 5 planets in TFA (which was super overkill) and Kijimi. FWIW, why don't the 'Rebels' or the rest of the galaxy come up with a similar type of weapon? Industrial espionage has to exist in the world of Star Wars right?

Back
Top Bottom