St. John's University and Administrative Fraud...slave labor, sex, suicide, $$$, and A LOT of questi

st. johns....one of the most overrated colleges in NY state. I had a slew of people I know go there only to come out with some serious debt.

Meh...college is what YOU make it. I'm a grad and I loved my experience at the school. On top of it all, St. John's is hardly the only school where students leave with serious debt. That's COLLEGE.

st. johns....one of the most overrated colleges in NY state. I had a slew of people I know go there only to come out with some serious debt.

Meh...college is what YOU make it. I'm a grad and I loved my experience at the school. On top of it all, St. John's is hardly the only school where students leave with serious debt. That's COLLEGE.

False. College is what YOU make of it given OPPURTUNITIES by YOUR PROGRAM and the QUALITY of instruction from your TEACHERS. A majority of your college career is dependent upon you, but it's not the sole factor. The quality of your program and the teaching style of your instructors fills the rest of the space. To me it's a 60:40 thing with the student:tongue:rogram

False. College is what YOU make of it given OPPURTUNITIES by YOUR PROGRAM and the QUALITY of instruction from your TEACHERS. A majority of your college career is dependent upon you, but it's not the sole factor. The quality of your program and the teaching style of your instructors fills the rest of the space. To me it's a 60:40 thing with the student:tongue:rogram

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's wholeheartedly what you make of it. There are opportunities everywhere. St. John's having a large alumni network and being in NYC helps immensely.

Isn't columbia the school that offers free education to full time employees? That older man got a doctorate through them?
All schools offer free education to full time employees and their children granted they can get in.

Sheesh and the shots fired at St. John's. I will agree that its pretty hard to get rejected from there, but all of this other stuff is news to me.

All schools offer free education to full time employees and their children granted they can get in.

Sheesh and the shots fired at St. John's. I will agree that its pretty hard to get rejected from there, but all of this other stuff is news to me.

Dudes in here making it seem like it's the equivalent of the Coleman school of Refrigeration :smh:

Last edited:

Dudes in here making it seem like it's the equivalent of the Coleman school of Refrigeration
mean.gif
I thought you would say Laguardia CC.

Dudes in here making it seem like it's the equivalent of the Coleman school of Refrigeration :smh:

Not taking shots, half of my high school teachers teach there at night, it's over hyped to people unaware of colleges. Doesn't have the best reputation when talk to people disconnected from the hype.

Last edited:
You'll be leaving college with debt as long as you didn't have the money to pay for (crazy expensive) tuition (among other things) or manage to get somebody to pay for it for you. So unless you're rich and are unfortunate in getting grants and scholarships you gonna be in debt.

Last edited:
I applied during 2006.

Maybe in the last 5 years they've made it a lil easier. You'd get in today if that's any consolation, I promise :lol:

It's not that bad, I just feel it's too easy for the money i'm paying. I got more work assigned in high school than I get here. For my major (Computer Science, getting ready to switch to Computer Security) it's pretty good to me, I feel like i'm learning. But other classes (general classes) are a joke.

Maybe in the last 5 years they've made it a lil easier. You'd get in today if that's any consolation, I promise :lol:

It's not that bad, I just feel it's too easy for the money i'm paying. I got more work assigned in high school than I get here. For my major (Computer Science, getting ready to switch to Computer Security) it's pretty good to me, I feel like i'm learning. But other classes (general classes) are a joke.

General classes are supposed to be somewhat mundane, IMO. I don't just think that's a St. John's issue. That being said, you should be getting a lot out of your classes geared towards your major.

General classes are supposed to be somewhat mundane, IMO. I don't just think that's a St. John's issue. That being said, you should be getting a lot out of your classes geared towards your major.

Let me be more specific b. My philosophy class (the second out of the 3 SJU forces you to take) was straight lecture every class. My Grade was based on TWO exams and class participation, b. I got a B+ In contrast, my friend that goes to UMD had a paper to write every week for her philosophy class and like 4 exams. That's what I expect from college. I'm not really complaining because I appreciate the lite work load, but I expected college to me work out the ***, you feel me?

Cecilia was the fall guy (woman). Harrington and Wile milked her for everything she was worth, veiling their guilt with "confusion" over Taiwanese (Asian) customs and culture.

How the hell do you get rejected from St. John with perfect grades. It isn't exactly an elite university. Even if you didn't have many extracurriculars, something is not adding up.

No, he's right. Early/mid 2000's they were really petty with not letting kids in for the stupidest things. I heard all about it back when I was in HS and most of the class applied to SJU.

Let me be more specific b. My philosophy class (the second out of the 3 SJU forces you to take) was straight lecture every class. My Grade was based on TWO exams and class participation, b. I got a B+ In contrast, my friend that goes to UMD had a paper to write every week for her philosophy class and like 4 exams. That's what I expect from college. I'm not really complaining because I appreciate the lite work load, but I expected college to me work out the ***, you feel me?

I did fine in my general classes, but I saw them as more of a formality than anything. Coursework depends on the professor, obviously. Some are just going through the motions and other genuinely care about the material that they're teaching. You're going to find that at a lot of schools around the country.

Now, if your classes within your major are cake and you're not being challenged to what you expect...that's a problem and should be addressed.

I didn't see a part about sex mean.gif

Chang had sexual relations with a priest in her time on campus. It's all in the article, man.

Last edited:
Cahill, who had a natural sympathy for Chang’s fiercely anti-Communist homeland, understood that her ties could help the university. In 1977, when she was 23, he tapped her to help direct the Asian Center as well as to be a fund-raiser who would court the wealthy Taiwanese community. And there was something else that attracted him to the youthful Chinese woman. If Cahill publicly preached orthodoxy, privately he had a roguish streak. Cahill, a man of the cloth, was also a man with a girlfriend—the two shared an address, property records indicate. Chang later claimed that she too had been intimate with Cahill, according to the Times, and one of his good-time friends. Cahill liked to gamble, and Chang accompanied him on trips to Belmont and Atlantic City, she later testified.

Link

Did the deli play any role in you deciding your NT name? Or was that purely coincidental? Btw them fools used to always put spicy mustard when I asked for honey. Makes me think they didn't have any...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom