(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

hdfdfggfsddfgsdaadsfsdsdafasdfasdfasdfasdf

a lot of people were mad at the "only cat" botched line. but it kind of makes sense. the show watchers probably wouldn't get the reference. i mean people think daenarys' name is "khaleesi" :lol:

although its one of those iconic lines in the books, i still think what they did on the show worked well

Vhvugytctrcrtxtjrrjyjytcjtycyjtjytctyjcyjtcytjcyrjcxteytextercjyrcyjtckytvkutytytjycjyckuvkuvkyuyfuyjxhxtexhreehrzrwzywrztexjyrcytcuktvuyuyvycyrjcjycyrcjyruyvytctjrxhtexturxytjuykuykvjycyjrcjytctycthexryexyrexyrexhtexryjcjtyvkuyvluyvykuyjrctrhxhtexjyrcytvytkvjyrcthrxthrdutrdury

^^^^^^

I had no issue with the line change..not that big of deal in the grand scheme of things

Sometimes booked readers can be so snobby I don't even want to be associated with it

Something I've always wondered about... why do the people in Essos give zero effs about The White Walkers, etc.?

And why does the ruler of Westeros largely always seem to ignore Essos? And do we know anything about Sothoryos and Ulthos? I skimmed the books 3 years ago and I'm rereading now so I don't really know the answers to these questions
laugh.gif

Also is that Dothraki story about "Ghost grass" a metaphor for the white walkers? And if so why in the far south east of the world as opposed to the north? Or is it like Alaska to russia where the globe wraps around and the lands of ever winter lead to the shadow lands?

Someone answer these pressing questions!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted yet but I came across this pic from Lena Headey's IG

Unless I'm looking into it too much I'm guessing this confirms that we'll be seeing LS this season?

Last edited:
We are gonna see Stoneheart. I thought it was confirmed?

And y'all really just gonna ignore my longwinded ranting question?
laugh.gif

Something I've always wondered about... why do the people in Essos give zero effs about The White Walkers, etc.?

And why does the ruler of Westeros largely always seem to ignore Essos? And do we know anything about Sothoryos and Ulthos? I skimmed the books 3 years ago and I'm rereading now so I don't really know the answers to these questions :lol:  

Also is that Dothraki story about "Ghost grass" a metaphor for the white walkers? And if so why in the far south east of the world as opposed to the north? Or is it like Alaska to russia where the globe wraps around and the lands of ever winter lead to the shadow lands?

Someone answer these pressing questions!!!

Uyfdtdhtdyjtfyukuygujtfyjrdyjtdkutfkuygyugkuyfjytfjyrdhtesethshteshersrehzhrezhtextrjdjyrytjfuktfyukukygukyfkutcryjcyjtfuykgykigykufuktfytjckutvukygkuygukyfjytdjyrdhtrshteshtezhrtdjrycyjtfkutfjytdjtrxhtrxthesthezhretryjrcktyfuktfyjtrthxhtexyjrckytfkutfkuyvutvkycyjrdjtrxrt

1. No one is concerned with white walkers except the nights watch. Westeros doesn't even care, why would essos?

2. I hope we never learn about those other places, the world is broad enough as is. Just finish these last 2 books GRRM

3. Ghost grass is just tall grass that dothraki created a narrative around as far as we know. Not really sure what you mean with that other stuff.

Last edited:

And why does the ruler of Westeros largely always seem to ignore Essos? And do we know anything about Sothoryos and Ulthos? I skimmed the books 3 years ago and I'm rereading now so I don't really know the answers to these questions
laugh.gif

Someone answer these pressing questions!!
If the White Walkers can or have ever cross the Narrow Sea, the people of Essos might care, but don't think they ever have.

There's a war going on and winter is coming.

^^ What DWileykyoT said.

@DWileykyoT Kind of how at one point if you walked west you could go from North America to Asia then back because the world is round. Ghost grass exists in the shadow lands. I was just rambling and wondering if maybe if you walk north of the land of ever winter eventually you'd round the globe and end up in the shadow lands or something (it being the southern most point on the map, on a round globe maybe it'd be close to the northern most point?)  And if that was why the dothraki think that "ghost grass" comes from down there and will murder and kill all other grass. Dothraki stories are all metaphors about fields and horses and riding so maybe the ghost grass story is an allegory for a white walker invasion.

I don't know. I'm not a stoner but sometimes i ramble like one.

Dorthraki also never went across the narrow sea because they said a horse who can not drink the water is poison water and they'll not cross anything like that. thats why dothraki isn't ruling the world right now..

I do wonder who would win in a melee dothraki or unsullied.

Knights of westeroes just seem over hyped (except King aery's kings guard)

Dothraki would need experience fighting people in armor (unsullied's arms and legs are not protected though). If they are on their horsesthat might give them an edge in quick attacks.

Last edited:
unsullied just used leather though. ..

that neck arms and leg are unprotected. idl.
i mean i dont think there are any unsullied that can step to Khal drogo or any of his blood riders.

but maybe one on one with a reg khal possibly. we never really seen or heard about the unsullied figheters one on one. just they're good as a unit.

The unsullied beat the dothraki before though. During the battle of Qohor. I think led by Khal Drogo the Dothraki would win but if they make the same mistakes as the Khal in the battle of Qohor the unsullied would win.
As far as against Knights the Dothraki aren't used to armored men. As seen with Ser Barristan and pit fighter Khrazz who uses the same weapon as the dothraki.

fnkleeeansfbskfbdsjkvglnas;fbakfb;skbf klsdbgkldsbgksnfasklnfbklgsklgksbgdklbgkdsbgeks;bgk;bdsgk;bdsgds;gbdkslgbks;dbgks;bgak;sbgklvsbgkabskfbskbf k;sbfksab fksb kfsabklfbsak;fbsaklfbksavfklasbgkabfk;asbf;snfk.sa vkbsfksbg/lsdngldsbgk;dsbg;dksbgs;dkbgdklsbgks;

Wait, so is Lady Stoneheart confirmed to be in this season of the show? And if so, does anyone have the link?

fnkleeeansfbskfbdsjkvglnas;fbakfb;skbf klsdbgkldsbgksnfasklnfbklgsklgksbgdklbgkdsbgeks;bgk;bdsgk;bdsgds;gbdkslgbks;dbgks;bgak;sbgklvsbgkabskfbskbf k;sbfksab fksb kfsabklfbsak;fbsaklfbksavfklasbgkabfk;asbf;snfk.sa vkbsfksbg/lsdngldsbgk;dsbg;dksbgs;dkbgdklsbgks;

Wait, so is Lady Stoneheart confirmed to be in this season of the show? And if so, does anyone have the link?

No not at all.

I'm thinking Brienne and Pod run into her and the brotherhood since she won't be fighting rorge and biter. That moves her story along really fast though if she does. I know the actress says the craziest thing she had to do this season was bite a mans ear off.

One on one I would take drago.. If I needed someone to be my champion in a trial by combat,.

But that battle above demonstrates where their pride gets them.. In the video it readily states they had the numbers to flank them.. But didn't take them as a serious threat and nullified their numbers and advantages

Last edited:
One on one I would take drago.. If I needed someone to be my champion in a trial by combat,.

But that battle above demonstrates where their pride gets them.. In the video it readily states they had the numbers to flank them.. But didn't take them as a serious threat and nullified their numbers and advantages
Drago died because he let dudes cut him and it got infected
laugh.gif

He'd do something careless with Gregor and get his face crushed a la Oberyn.

(I like how the dialogue with Bronn foreshadows that.)

Last edited:
I blame Dany for letting that witch treat him and not waiting for their regular healers to look at it. Someone should've at least been smart enough to put some maggots in the cut to clean it up Gladiator-style.

If I recall correctly I dont remember pod telling brienne about sansa or the eerie.
And the witch td drago to apply the stuff and he never did cuz he didnt trust her

Back
Top Bottom