(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

There's a lot of speculation that a Winds manuscript is done and being edited.

Largely because of his meeting with HBO same weekend he met his editors.

In the video I posted GRRM asks Stephen King how does he write so many books so fast & George admits he's only written 3 chapters in 6 months.

Winds isn't coming out until 2018, if that.

In the video I posted GRRM asks Stephen King how does he write so many books so fast & George admits he's only written 3 chapters in 6 months.

Winds isn't coming out until 2018, if that.
Ehhhh, take that with a grain of salt. He said things like that around the time ADWD dropped. He likes to **** with people and play with words. 3 chapters of what? New chapters? Chapters on top of what he already had? What did he have before? Chapters of TWoW? ADoS?

Who knows.

Don't even get people started on his "rule of three" thing and how everything he does/writes happens in threes.

Last edited:
^^Nako, you're my guy but I'd rather listen to GRRM than your "sources" about Winds being in the editing stage :lol:

My guess, probably telling them the status of the book. I have a gut feeling he's no where near finished. I mean the man said it himself in his blog post in January.

Welp, looks like the show finally confirmed what most of us have all been waiting for:

R + L = J

Thoughts ?

I mean the signs were all there so not surprised. At least it's good to have some closure on it and end the debate.

I liked the ending with the north, wonder if Bran makes it down to winterfell next season and what that would mean if it confirms that Jon is not only a stark but a Targaryan.

I'm still giddy that the blood of Rhaegar is running through veins of Jon and you're right, the signs were there but still some ppl were skeptical.

As for the episode,

Cercei's plan to burn them all actually work. I thought it was going to blow up in her face, pun intended.

She didn't even seem fazed when she saw Tommen lying dead.

Dany has 3 dragons, two armies and an alliance w/ Dorne, Greyjoys, & the Tyrells. Taking the Iron Throne should be rather easy.

Arya referencing the Rat Cook storyline from the books to kill Walder was great.

LF doesn't look pleased to see Jon become warden of the North. His plans rarely never pan out.

I wonder what's his next move since Sansa is backing her cousin. Feels hella good saying that :lol:

Stop it. We still dont kow its R. And i know u dudes about to be on this for awhile. But that is no confirmation to me. Especially regarding the book.

Stop it. We still dont kow its R. And i know u dudes about to be on this for awhile. But that is no confirmation to me. Especially regarding the book.

My guy Tdogg still holding on strong man. I gotta give it to you.

As usual, believe what you want good sir.

As for what I believe...

Jon Targaryen aka A Song of Ice and Fire aka Azor Ahai aka Prince That Was Promised.

The blood of Rhaegar runs through the veins of Jon and I couldn't be happier.

The Prophecy reigns.

I could only imagine what those guys over at Westeros.org are spewing, most likely hate & anger :lol:

When Robb arrives at the twins before the red wedding and asks if he can cross the river, Walder says

'you wanted crossing and I gave it to you and you never said mayhaps, heh'..
Then when catelyn asks for food to secure the guest right, Walder says
'.... A loaf of bread, a bite of cheese, mayhaps a sausage.'
The mayhaps is a reference to the Lord of the Crossing game that little Walder and Big Walder play at Winterfell. In the game, someone is the lord of the crossing and he decides whether or not someone gets to cross. He may make the would be crosser answer questions or swear a series of oaths. The person must obey the oaths UNLESS they sneak in the word MAYHAPS - if they do without the Lord noticing then the oath is not binding.

Walder says Robb never said mayhaps when he wanted crossing, which in reference to the game allules so his promise saying he would marry a Frey girl could not be broken.

Frey then says mayhaps when promising the guest right to Robb which lets him break the guest right and start the red wedding.

To add onto this. Wyman ******* Manderly does the call back of a lifetime when he says:
"So young," said Wyman Manderly, "Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey.
This quote is in reference to when Manderly hears about Little Walder dying so young.

Edit: this is not an unwritten Rule in Westeros, its just an allusion by George

Last edited:

:lol: still holding out hope bless your heart

Please George have this book out by the end of the year

Thankfully we can put the Meera and Jon are siblings theory to bed. 

:lol: who thought that ?

Last edited:
In the books and in the show everyone says Rhaegar took Lyanna to the ToJ.

GRRM says based on the book info that he required D&D to guess who Jon's parents are and they guessed right. D&D said that Jon's parentage was one of the major plot reveals GRRM gave them.

They've now overtly confirmed Lyanna is his mother. I think it's safe to say that Rhaegar is the father and that it is now canon, just like "Hold the door."

When Robb arrives at the twins before the red wedding and asks if he can cross the river, Walder says

'you wanted crossing and I gave it to you and you never said mayhaps, heh'..

Then when catelyn asks for food to secure the guest right, Walder says

'.... A loaf of bread, a bite of cheese, mayhaps a sausage.'

The mayhaps is a reference to the Lord of the Crossing game that little Walder and Big Walder play at Winterfell. In the game, someone is the lord of the crossing and he decides whether or not someone gets to cross. He may make the would be crosser answer questions or swear a series of oaths. The person must obey the oaths UNLESS they sneak in the word MAYHAPS - if they do without the Lord noticing then the oath is not binding.
Walder says Robb never said mayhaps when he wanted crossing, which in reference to the game allules so his promise saying he would marry a Frey girl could not be broken.
Frey then says mayhaps when promising the guest right to Robb which lets him break the guest right and start the red wedding.
To add onto this. Wyman ******* Manderly does the call back of a lifetime when he says:

"So young," said Wyman Manderly, "Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey.

This quote is in reference to when Manderly hears about Little Walder dying so young.
Edit: this is not an unwritten Rule in Westeros, its just an allusion by George

George is that dude. His scenario writing is head and shoulders above most any other writer. Too bad his writing speed isn't. :lol:

tdogg2k tdogg2k When GRRM drops it 100% in the books as confirmation...

i swear yall never listened to my theory.....
there is a reason they didn't say it on the show. Theres a reason it still hasnt been said in the books.

There was only like a 10% chance that Lyanna wasn't his mother. we know that was going to be the case.
The father tho........So much deeper than.. oh hey it's rhaegar.

Let's be honest, we not getting that answer in the Winds of Winter. but 7 years from now when a Dream of Spring is out. this thread most likely dead orNT implodes on itself somehow. and you're reading it it.
Then my Theory comes to light.
You're going to look back like. damn i thought dude was psycho. but TDogg was right.

i swear yall never listened to my theory.....
there is a reason they didn't say it on the show. Theres a reason it still hasnt been said in the books.

There was only like a 10% chance that Lyanna wasn't his mother. we know that was going to be the case.
The father tho........So much deeper than.. oh hey it's rhaegar.

Let's be honest, we not getting that answer in the Winds of Winter. but 7 years from now when a Dream of Spring is out. this thread most likely dead orNT implodes on itself somehow. and you're reading it it.
Then my Theory comes to light.
You're going to look back like. damn i thought dude was psycho. but TDogg was right.

What's your theory again?

Bingo.

You know what bothers about the show and all the details missed from the book.

It makes dany/ young griff. Seem like every house is ready to bend the knee as soon as she lands. Which is not the case and she'll /he'll def have a bit of opposition. But now with the tyrells on the targ side (which i think wont happen in the book) who will say no to dany??

Also what about all the red priest tyrion had employed . So none of them hitched a ride or tried to get close to dany now shes there???

The plot holes in the show are boderline unbearable

Back
Top Bottom