Spirit Airlines ? Is it that bad ?

I fly Spirit all the time because it’s dirt cheap and I pack light 75% of the time. Reading the previous posts just make me think most travelers are spoiled and come to expect the same amount of comfort and service from a bare bones airline like the big airlines when it’s just simply not the case. I dunno maybe I just don’t look for all the creature comforts when flying short domestic trips.

i used it last year to go from CHI to ATL with no issues and it was my first time with them. Spirit is not going to go out of business because one flight left without some people.
One flight.....

Yea that is the ONLY gripe folks have with them

I took it once to Tampa a couple months ago from BWI...on time n no problems , had a bookbag wit me but nobody was really checking on carry ons

Spirit and Frontier Airlines are terrible :lol: They try to get your to apply for their weak *** air miles credit card too. :lol:

I fly Spirit all the time because it’s dirt cheap and I pack light 75% of the time. Reading the previous posts just make me think most travelers are spoiled and come to expect the same amount of comfort and service from a bare bones airline like the big airlines when it’s just simply not the case. I dunno maybe I just don’t look for all the creature comforts when flying short domestic trips.

I wanna be comfortable if i'm gonna sit in an airplane for multiple hours. Even their First Class/Priority seats suck! Can't even recline more than 2 inches

I travel a lot, domestically and internationally... so yes, comfort does matter to me I don't really mind paying up for it.

They are awful. Drove 5 hours out of the way for a flight that was cancelled and they didn't even have the courtesy to notify anyone or offer any type of reimbursement. Had to pay for a hotel room, any other major airline would have given you free tickets and a room. On top of that, they are RUDE. I almost went to jail that night ******* with those idiots. Never again, yes, that are THAT bad. No idea how they are still in business. They even gave me trouble getting my $ back.

They are awful. Drove 5 hours out of the way for a flight that was cancelled and they didn't even have the courtesy to notify anyone or offer any type of reimbursement. Had to pay for a hotel room, any other major airline would have given you free tickets and a room. On top of that, they are RUDE. I almost went to jail that night ****ing with those idiots. Never again, yes, that are THAT bad. No idea how they are still in business. They even gave me trouble getting my $ back.

Speaking of this... Frontier cancelled my flight Miami last month. Gave me a $10 food voucher and $200 credit voucher for "Future" booking :lol:

Then they had the nerve to send me an email 5am next morning saying "Your flight has been to re-booked to today @ 9am... " as if i'm awake to read my emails at 5am :lol:

We missed our flight of course and had to complain to corporate that took nearly 2 hours because they kept transferring to different people. :rofl:

My gripe has nothing to do about them being bare bones. I pack light as well and rarely ever check in a bag, from my experience Spirit is always late, by hours. Totally unacceptable, a flight from FL to NY should not take 6hrs.

Don’t understand why people would openly choose to fly spirit. I’m not taking any liberties when it comes to an airplane.

I used to work at Tampa Airport and I was located near the Spirit gates and the flights were almost always delayed there.

So i'm using WOW Air in May. Did i just screw myself? I'm bringing a backpack and then one big suitcase. Anyone that has flown WOW Air please chime in!

Back
Top Bottom