Sources: Eagles have deal for Peters

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Donald Brown probably won't be seeing too much of the second round, if at all.
Best back in this draft. I know it's been said many times, but I can't stress this enough. Most athletic back in the draft?

Nobody at 21 would provide the immediate impact Peters can. It's all about winning a title now.

Eagles won't win anything as long as Reid is around, he still won't use Westbrook enough.

They should still make the playoffs of course (as I said last year). McNabb has to be healthy though.

Peters is a good get... Book-end left tackles aren't easy to come across, and Peters is just that... And he's only 27...

Drafting a left tackle and hoping he develops is a risky proposition... Especially when you're looking at guys like Michael Oher and Eben Britton at thatpoint in the draft...

Good move. Especially since they were trying to trade up to get either Monroe or Smith. I really thought they were going to move Todd to LT, since Max-Jean wasemerging as a very good player before the injury. I see them drafting a C now.

This opens up the passing game a little bit as well, Tra needed help most of the time, now Peters can go one on one. I wouldn't be surprised to see usdraft a pass catching TE now, even though we needed a better blocker.

The Eagles have had very under the radar off season signings so far.

Very great move for the Eagles. Eagles would have to give up a whole lot if they were going to move up to draft one of the best 4 o-linemen.

Now I would like to see Knowshon be selected with the 21st pick if he falls.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Very good trade. Its hard to find a bookend LT and thats what Peters is. I hopewe take Moreno with the 21. Those two moves will show that we are committed to the running game and that's whats gonna take us to the next level.

A great success story for the Bills, Peters was an undrafted tight end out of Arkansas.
eek.gif

I did not know that.

eek.gif
Didn't know either. Philly did give up alot but thatoline is
sick.gif
now.
smh.gif
They're going to be a problem

Like this trade for the most part. As I mentioned before, picks weren't the issue but the money might be at least IMO.

I feel that Sean Jones was an underrated signing to help in replacing Dawkins.

Are we actively pursuing Torry Holt or not?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Donald Brown probably won't be seeing too much of the second round, if at all.
Best back in this draft. I know it's been said many times, but I can't stress this enough. Most athletic back in the draft?

probably not the most athletic.

there are faster and quicker backs in this draft, but he's the most complete back in regards to his skill set.

Now to address the issues Peters had last season, why that lead to so many sacks and finally why it isn't a concern for the upcoming season.
As we all know, due to a contract dispute, Peters missed the entire off-season workouts, mini-camps, training camp and preseason. He then showed up a couple days before the start of the regular season, and he did so being out of shape and with no knowledge of a completely new offense. These things are his fault and I am in no way being an apologist for Peters.

Taking these facts into consideration, I would contest that the poor play last season was a snowball effect that also included the WRs being unable to get open and a QB who way too often held the ball for far too long. Even the best offensive lineman in the history of the NFL couldn't hold off pass rushers indefinitely. The QB has to get the ball out, whether by getting it to the receivers or throwing it away. Many of the sacks Peters gave up last season were a direct result of the play of his teammates. That isn't to say that Peters was extraordinary because he clearly didn't have a full grasp of the protections and was beaten straight up because of being out of shape. Joey Porter who was the main guy beating Peters even said that Peters was the best LT he has ever faced.

Finally, after being traded from the Bills where he was very unhappy, Peters has a fresh start with a team that has clearly shown that he is both wanted and needed. We gave up the picks and gave him a big fat happy contract. Peters understands he is under the microscope and he knows the questions that have risen from his less than stellar play last season, and he has the type of personality to want to prove every critic wrong. After all, you don't go from an undrafted free agent TE to All-Pro LT without the desire and willpower to succeed. For those reasons, I believe Peters will show up to mini-camps eager to learn a new offense and he will show up to training camp in great shape and ready to kick some serious a** When the games start and he is pushing the pile and blowing open running lanes, keeping McNabb upright and healthy, he will feel the love that Philly has to offer and he will finally feel like he is home.

i wish we coula got #21 instead of #28 but oh well. im glad we got a 1st for him anyway but philly got a pretty good deal out of this. #28 is practically asecond rd pick and a 4th? shoulda got a 3rd hes a top 5 lt last year he had an off yr cause of the holdout

Isn't Peters overrated?

I thought I was reading somewhere he gave up like 10 sacks last year even though he made the Pro Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom