someone defend their loyalty to weak teams? Vol. warriors

Nets fan here. I dunno. I guess its because I see some potential with the team.

Maybe its like a parent who knows he has a child whos a step slow. The parent will prolly never admit it out loud. But you gotta stay there for him, because, dammit, hes child and you gotta see it through to the end (ie, one day win the chip)

Maybe its like a parent who knows he has a child whos a step slow. The parent will prolly never admit it out loud. But you gotta stay there for him, because, dammit, hes child and you gotta see it through to the end (ie, one day win the chip)

Originally Posted by krazy88s

and the child calls cps on you and gets adopted by better parents in a nicer neighborhood

Originally Posted by krazy88s

and the child calls cps on you and gets adopted by better parents in a nicer neighborhood

Stood through 15,19,24 win seasons and a horrid 10 yr stretch with nothing but losing and early playoff exits(with one exception) with my hometown team growing up.

Been through being swept after winning a title in person ,having our top player out for most of the year and winning 15 games and early playoff exits.

It eventually gets better after all that losing.A team  most teams can't stay bad forever and when they become good it's a great feeling having been through thick and thin to finally see success
pimp.gif

Stood through 15,19,24 win seasons and a horrid 10 yr stretch with nothing but losing and early playoff exits(with one exception) with my hometown team growing up.

Been through being swept after winning a title in person ,having our top player out for most of the year and winning 15 games and early playoff exits.

It eventually gets better after all that losing.A team  most teams can't stay bad forever and when they become good it's a great feeling having been through thick and thin to finally see success
pimp.gif

Son the Mets are seriously making me consider rooting for an additional team. Like I will always be a Mets fan but Im gonna start following someone else and just flip a coin when they play each other.

Son the Mets are seriously making me consider rooting for an additional team. Like I will always be a Mets fan but Im gonna start following someone else and just flip a coin when they play each other.

Im a Warrior fan myself.

- I hate most of the players who are on the team (minus lee, curry, D.W.)
- HATE every member of the management
-hate the coaches

Yet im still a fan and ride for them like no other. I can't explain it.

Im a Warrior fan myself.

- I hate most of the players who are on the team (minus lee, curry, D.W.)
- HATE every member of the management
-hate the coaches

Yet im still a fan and ride for them like no other. I can't explain it.

i couldn't stop rooting for the knicks if i tried. i think it's a generational thing. plus a city pride thing

i couldn't stop rooting for the knicks if i tried. i think it's a generational thing. plus a city pride thing

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

You have to stick by your teams even through the bad... Its part of being a fan. WHen they start winning its a lot more enjoyable too because you know you were there supporting through the tough times.
Yup. It would be that much sweeter if I ever saw either of my fav. teams win it all.

Doesn't look like thats gonna happen.
laugh.gif

Honestly I used to be a laker fan during the 3-peat era because of Shaq, but I also loved the clippers with LO, Miles, and Elton. I've stuck with the clippers since then and fell out of love with the lakers around the time Pau arrived. Go figure.

Thanks man
laugh.gif

The pain of 0-16 will plague the Lions forever. 

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

You have to stick by your teams even through the bad... Its part of being a fan. WHen they start winning its a lot more enjoyable too because you know you were there supporting through the tough times.
Yup. It would be that much sweeter if I ever saw either of my fav. teams win it all.

Doesn't look like thats gonna happen.
laugh.gif

Honestly I used to be a laker fan during the 3-peat era because of Shaq, but I also loved the clippers with LO, Miles, and Elton. I've stuck with the clippers since then and fell out of love with the lakers around the time Pau arrived. Go figure.

Thanks man
laugh.gif

The pain of 0-16 will plague the Lions forever. 

^ lions is building a good team though.

Im a die hard dallas cowboys fan . i was born in 1989 so i cant wait till we win the chip .

^ lions is building a good team though.

Im a die hard dallas cowboys fan . i was born in 1989 so i cant wait till we win the chip .

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Cause when they finally win it's that much sweeter.

This
Rooting for a bad team is fun, since you can get to see the young players grow and develop.
That's why I love my Mets.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Cause when they finally win it's that much sweeter.

This
Rooting for a bad team is fun, since you can get to see the young players grow and develop.
That's why I love my Mets.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Except for the KG era, The Wolves are probably one of, if not the worst franchises in the NBA.

Twins had a horrible stretch in the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom