Some guy in Toronto lights a TTC Bus on fire

This man...

8cd89e9a4faead079c729232ff51.jpeg

Did this...

e985e49443deba373449bce2fb2d.jpeg

It was a terrifying commute for some TTC riders on Wednesday.

Police believe arson is to blame for a fire that destroyed a bus and shook up early-morning passengers.

The blaze broke out on board the vehicle around 2:45am near Yonge and Bloor streets, shutting down Yonge Street from Bloor to Cumberland as firefighters battled the flames.

But it wasn't a mechanical issue. Instead, officials allege that it was a passenger that sparked the fire, provoked by an incident that happened outside.

Police allege that the suspect (pictured below) was waiting at a bus stop. He asked a woman for a cigarette and when she refused, he punched her in the face.

He then boarded the bus, where several witnesses and the victim confronted him.

He then allegedly moved to the back of the bus, emptied his knapsack on the seats, covered it in some sort of flammable liquid, and lit it.

By 3am, the fire was out - and the suspect had fled. Police believe he hailed a Beck taxi and are looking to speak with the driver.

Incredibly, no one was seriously injured.

The woman who had been punched was treated at the scene and did not need to go the hospital.

As for the bus, the $700,000 hybrid is likely a write-off.

"Obviously safety is one of our biggest concerns," acknowledged TTC chair Adam Giambrone.

"But I'm reassured when we work with Toronto Police that they are able to make sure that our system is safe. Hopefully they'll be able to prosecute the people that are responsible."

Police are looking at several surveillance videos taken from the scene.

If you saw anything, call police 416-808-5304 or Crime Stoppers 416-222-TIPS (8477).

I knew we had crazy people in Toronto, but I didnt think there would be someone crazy enough to do that.
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/56461--arson-suspected-in-ttc-bus-fire
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/56461--arson-suspected-in-ttc-bus-fire

Click the link to watch the video of how it happened

He got nothing on the dude that
chopped a guy's head off in the back and took a bite off it.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Most of these people are mentally ill...
smh.gif

the footage of this dude is crazy..he's talkin to himself the whole time...he also snuffed a lady before he got on lol

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

the footage of this dude is crazy..he's talkin to himself the whole time...he also snuffed a lady before he got on lol
Man: "Excuse ms, do u have a cigarette?"
Lady: "No, sorry sir"

Man: *snuffs lady in the face*

smh.gif

& that's exactly how witnesses described it.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Man: "Excuse ms, do u have a cigarette?"
Lady: "No, sorry sir"

Man: *snuffs lady in the face*

smh.gif

& that's exactly how witnesses described it.
smh.gif
That's horrible. The story makes it seem a little meaner,but either way it's +%#!@% up.

Originally Posted by quiickz

smh.gif
How are people gonna let dude just dump gasoline in the bus though?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
You for real, man. This dude is obviously crazy, i wouldn't even tryto stop him after seeing him snuff a broad. Also this all went down at like 3am on a wednesday morning...hella random if you ask me

eek.gif
eek.gif

Just seen the video, this is couple steps from my workplace
smh.gif
Now, I aint ever gonna take the Blue Line.

Originally Posted by Inno21

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
You for real, man. This dude is obviously crazy, i wouldn't even try to stop him after seeing him snuff a broad. Also this all went down at like 3am on a wednesday morning...hella random if you ask me
It's nothing random if u ask me,crazy maybe but not random... if your from Toronto you'll know at that time that's when all the crazypeople come out
laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
You for real, man. This dude is obviously crazy, i wouldn't even try to stop him after seeing him snuff a broad. Also this all went down at like 3am on a wednesday morning...hella random if you ask me
It's nothing random to me, if your from Toronto you'll know at that time thats when all the crazy people come out
laugh.gif

I feel you on that and I am from Toronto (West end) and this is pretty random. Homie burnt down a bus after snuffing a chick. This isn't norobbery/stabbing/shooting. And it happened on a wednesday nite, c'mon man you kno this is out of the ordinary for Toronto. Hopefully they find this dudecuz he still at-large

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
It's nothing random to me, if your from Toronto you'll know at that time thats when all the crazy people come out
laugh.gif

I feel you on that and I am from Toronto (West end) and this is pretty random. Homie burnt down a bus after snuffing a chick. This isn't no robbery/stabbing/shooting. And it happened on a wednesday nite, c'mon man you kno this is out of the ordinary for Toronto. Hopefully they find this dude cuz he still at-large
Ight, it is pretty @!*%@$@ random
laugh.gif
...its not funny, butits unreal I expect to see this time of @$+@ out in America with those crazy Americans not in Toronto...that dude shud get caught very soon though.

Every time I take the blue line, everybody be normal and sleeping though. Never witnessed or seen anyone crazy.

But waiting outside for the bus. Thats a whole other story.

He was doing the public a favor...these new "environmentally friendly" TTC buses are crap. Almost no leg room in the seats at the back of the bus andI'm only 5'10...I dont know how tall people are able to sit back there
smh.gif

Man, I have stories for days about taking the TTC after 12am. Thank god I was able to save up enough money to buy a car after working a minimum wage job for 2years back in high school
laugh.gif

The footage is crazy though...almost surreal to watch it. Dude will eventually get caught though. The cops will find him once the taxi driver reveals where hedropped this guy off.

Back
Top Bottom