SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Did you buy it from Nike or from somewhere else? If it was from Nike.com, they’ll just give you a return label and inspect it. If it was from somewhere else, you need to go through the voucher website. Also, you need to include a receipt now for proof of purchase for the voucher website :smh:

Oof, I got them from Unisport, so I might just be SOL. When you go to file a claim it says it won't accept any claims for products purchased outside of the US.

Nike needs to get their stuff together and just give us the option to purchase AG here in the states. Got me jumping through hoops just to get the proper stud pattern.

Oof, I got them from Unisport, so I might just be SOL. When you go to file a claim it says it won't accept any claims for products purchased outside of the US.

Nike needs to get their stuff together and just give us the option to purchase AG here in the states. Got me jumping through hoops just to get the proper stud pattern.

This makes my skin crawl. We literally can't but the boots in the US...then if we some how manage to get a pair...and they break...they won't take them back?

If i were you id be like oh i got them as a gift...or on eBay...or from a random Nike outlet but lost my receipt. Whatever i had to do to get them to help me. Also maybe try reaching out to Unisport? I know they will prob make you ship them back to them as well which could cost an arm and a leg. But it may be better then nothing

Just a heads up, I didn't find this out until a couple of weeks ago, but at some point Nike changed the Nike ID/By You return policy to the same policy as any other product. 60 day returns in any condition.

Still a 6 week lead time, but less hurdles to jump through if you want to customize or tryout a pair of AG boots and not worry about being stuck with them if they don't work for you.

This makes my skin crawl. We literally can't but the boots in the US...then if we some how manage to get a pair...and they break...they won't take them back?

If i were you id be like oh i got them as a gift...or on eBay...or from a random Nike outlet but lost my receipt. Whatever i had to do to get them to help me. Also maybe try reaching out to Unisport? I know they will prob make you ship them back to them as well which could cost an arm and a leg. But it may be better then nothing

I had a recent shipping fiasco w/ F3dX re Unisport shipment. Ordered the MXXV Superflys, a Brazil WC Vapor kit, a match ball, and another pair. Thing got held up at Memphis for customs.

Shipper wanted me to identify the physical production address of the kit, as well as fill out some customs forms regarding the cleats including country of origin. Insane stuff that has never happened before. Package eventually arrived about a month late, and I now know that South American team kits for the 2022 WC intended for sale in Europe were produced at a specific textile factory in northern Turkey, but it was just insane.

NDC's involvement: I chatted w/ a rep online and tried placing a few calls to NDC customer service to derive what information I could in order to get the shipment cleared. They were extremely interested in why a Nike jersey was being sent from overseas (presumably in violation of shipping policies) though I just downplayed it as a reseller situation. After going through a string of reps asking a ton of questions (basically to ascertain whether I was a corporate spy for a competing company), I gleaned enough information to independently track down the Turkish producer, its address and then supply that to Shipper.

Package immediately cleared and arrived two days later. Brazil kit was gone though.

I had a recent shipping fiasco w/ F3dX re Unisport shipment. Ordered the MXXV Superflys, a Brazil WC Vapor kit, a match ball, and another pair. Thing got held up at Memphis for customs.

Shipper wanted me to identify the physical production address of the kit, as well as fill out some customs forms regarding the cleats including country of origin. Insane stuff that has never happened before. Package eventually arrived about a month late, and I now know that South American team kits for the 2022 WC intended for sale in Europe were produced at a specific textile factory in northern Turkey, but it was just insane.

NDC's involvement: I chatted w/ a rep online and tried placing a few calls to NDC customer service to derive what information I could in order to get the shipment cleared. They were extremely interested in why a Nike jersey was being sent from overseas (presumably in violation of shipping policies) though I just downplayed it as a reseller situation. After going through a string of reps asking a ton of questions (basically to ascertain whether I was a corporate spy for a competing company), I gleaned enough information to independently track down the Turkish producer, its address and then supply that to Shipper.

Package immediately cleared and arrived two days later. Brazil kit was gone though.

Bro wtf? So the one thing that held up the package didn't even make it to you?!

Yeah, I reached out to them. Will wait to hear back from them and then just go through the Nike claim process if I need to. At this point I'm fine causing an issue to try to get through to someone in the footy division to ask why we can't have AG boots readily available to people in this country without having to pay an upcharge to create a custom pair with extremely limited color options to begin with.

Not sure if yoy guys rememeber earlier in the thread when I ordered vapor 15 AG through unisport. They will send you a label but from where I live in the USA, it was a $250 shipping fee.

I ended up selling my pair on ebay breaking even. This should def be a nike warranty tho

Did some eBay shopping, blacks are elite FG’s and the two others are pro turfs. All for a combined $300. Going in the vault for future years (assuming I’m still playing :lol:)

IMG_1894.jpeg

Did some eBay shopping, blacks are elite FG’s and the two others are pro turfs. All for a combined $300. Going in the vault for future years (assuming I’m still playing :lol:)

IMG_1894.jpeg

Really wanted a pair of those purple ones in AG, but Nike didn't release an AG for like the last 5 colorways of the Legends that they put out smh. MIght have to look into picking up those turfs.

Nike's TL9 Elite production (in all soleplates) has been all over the place. I really, really wanted the Mystic Red, but then it didn't seem to release on time anywhere. Now, the last few packs except the WC have also been all over the place with availability.

i want that mystic red colorway as well, but the eBay resellers are asking for a premium. Only gonna get more expensive in the next few months too when the 10 drops

Edit: Steve Nash is a fan of the 9 as well :nerd:

IMG_1899.jpeg

Phantom luna looks dope. Is it a women's exclusive though? I am reading it is for the women's world cup

Phantom luna looks dope. Is it a women's exclusive though? I am reading it is for the women's world cup

I just watched the unisport video on it

Rant incoming:

Has anyone else noticed the sudden talking points pushed by ESPN, podcasters, etc. in the last 4-5 months about the sudden (and insane) frequency and severity of women's footballer injuries? I feel like both Caught Offside and Gab & Jules hit this topic in late April, about some study where women are 50% more likely to incur lower body injuries in football b/c of physiological differences between the sexes.

Right on time, Nike drop a boot driven by "women's development" of the game, purporting to address suddenly recognized physiological differences highlighted in these recent statistics.

Nike talking points push 3 primary technological advances that address the women's injury crisis: 1) the DF collar; 2) the outsole tooling; and 3) the narrower fit.

1) We all know those guys who regurgitate the idea that flyknit DF collars give "ankle support" and we all know its bogus. There is nothing structural about the collars on Superflys, Obras, Hypervenoms, or anything recent. It's a purely cosmetic detail to change up the profile / silhouette of the boot. It's doesn't provide any degree of structure--let alone to contemplate injury prevention at the ankle--to coincide w/ Nike's talking points. And this one about being designed to specifically address female ankle placement/proportions is laughable on its face.

2) You make boots have less bite in the ground by any one or a combination of three factors: 1) shorten stud length; 2) increase stud frequency / concentration; and 3) conical shapes. This new proprietary women's focused outsole does none of those things. Instead we have these big thick blades at the forefoot almost looking like early 2000s Predators on the TRX outsole. And sure, the primary blades are shaped in a circular pattern, but how many of us have EVER on a football pitch rotated cleanly on our toes/forefoot in one motion? If you stood on the circle studs, and spun around 360 degrees, that might work. But if you go into the ground on any sort of an angle, and your rotation is anything besides a perfect, linear rotational motion, those blades are going to grab ground and resist. It's nonsensical.

3) Women, by and large, have narrower footshapes than men in similar sizes. So, to Nike's credit, the "B" width last makes sense. That could legitimately result in increased lockdown, fit and comfort for women compared to silos produced on male-sized lasts. Finally, a potentially legitimate performance benefit.

So I'm not buying the marketing. I don't think the problem is made up, but I think this boot doesn't do anything legitimate to solve the fact women are physiologically predisposed to increased injury in soccer just because of their bone and musculature structures. In the meantime, it looks like an (admittedly cool) hybrid of a Magista Obra and Hypervenom 3, with gripknit. So all power to that combo.

If Nike and Adi really wanted to make a significant difference as to the safety and injury resistance and resilience in the women's game, then time and effort needs to go into getting women off of AG-turf and onto natural grass pitches. That's where your ankles, ACLs, MCLs and all that will be more consistently prevented.

Rant incoming:

Has anyone else noticed the sudden talking points pushed by ESPN, podcasters, etc. in the last 4-5 months about the sudden (and insane) frequency and severity of women's footballer injuries? I feel like both Caught Offside and Gab & Jules hit this topic in late April, about some study where women are 50% more likely to incur lower body injuries in football b/c of physiological differences between the sexes.

Right on time, Nike drop a boot driven by "women's development" of the game, purporting to address suddenly recognized physiological differences highlighted in these recent statistics.

Nike talking points push 3 primary technological advances that address the women's injury crisis: 1) the DF collar; 2) the outsole tooling; and 3) the narrower fit.

1) We all know those guys who regurgitate the idea that flyknit DF collars give "ankle support" and we all know its bogus. There is nothing structural about the collars on Superflys, Obras, Hypervenoms, or anything recent. It's a purely cosmetic detail to change up the profile / silhouette of the boot. It's doesn't provide any degree of structure--let alone to contemplate injury prevention at the ankle--to coincide w/ Nike's talking points. And this one about being designed to specifically address female ankle placement/proportions is laughable on its face.

2) You make boots have less bite in the ground by any one or a combination of three factors: 1) shorten stud length; 2) increase stud frequency / concentration; and 3) conical shapes. This new proprietary women's focused outsole does none of those things. Instead we have these big thick blades at the forefoot almost looking like early 2000s Predators on the TRX outsole. And sure, the primary blades are shaped in a circular pattern, but how many of us have EVER on a football pitch rotated cleanly on our toes/forefoot in one motion? If you stood on the circle studs, and spun around 360 degrees, that might work. But if you go into the ground on any sort of an angle, and your rotation is anything besides a perfect, linear rotational motion, those blades are going to grab ground and resist. It's nonsensical.

3) Women, by and large, have narrower footshapes than men in similar sizes. So, to Nike's credit, the "B" width last makes sense. That could legitimately result in increased lockdown, fit and comfort for women compared to silos produced on male-sized lasts. Finally, a potentially legitimate performance benefit.

So I'm not buying the marketing. I don't think the problem is made up, but I think this boot doesn't do anything legitimate to solve the fact women are physiologically predisposed to increased injury in soccer just because of their bone and musculature structures. In the meantime, it looks like an (admittedly cool) hybrid of a Magista Obra and Hypervenom 3, with gripknit. So all power to that combo.

If Nike and Adi really wanted to make a significant difference as to the safety and injury resistance and resilience in the women's game, then time and effort needs to go into getting women off of AG-turf and onto natural grass pitches. That's where your ankles, ACLs, MCLs and all that will be more consistently prevented.

Yup, should have just hit them with a conical stud pattern tbh. For pros you gotta get them off trash AG, they shouldn't be playing on it. Hell, even a lot of NFL players don't want to play on it. For youth and amateurs you have to educate on wearing the right type of boot and then also need to provide those types of boots for them here in the states. Adidas bout to have Messi playing on AG in the MLS in some venues without providing him or anyone in this country and beyond with an actual proper AG boot, which makes absolutely no sense since they have provided true AG stud patterns in the past.

On a side note, my Tuesday co-ed league just re-did their AG and it now uses cork which I have seen in the past, but I really like it. That along with whatever actual AG fibers they're using is the closest grass simulation I have experienced. Not like most of the matted down plastic crap, shredded tire crap that is 99% of AG pitches in this country,

Back
Top Bottom