So...there is mold on my spacejams, will seaglow remove it?

Originally Posted by Michelin Man

so how to get mold or any other stains out of the soles?

^ Personally, I'd say just let it be. It's a minor cosmetic flaw that people will barely notice man, it's not THAT serious. But if it still bugs you, first try soap and water to see if it would come out. If not get a small bottle of that bathroom mold remover and spray the area only of the shoe, or better yet, put some on a rag or paper towel and wipe the area to see if it comes out. If not, see the sneaker care maintainance post for other options. Best of luck!

^ Personally, I'd say just let it be. It's a minor cosmetic flaw that people will barely notice man, it's not THAT serious. But if it still bugs you, first try soap and water to see if it would come out. If not get a small bottle of that bathroom mold remover and spray the area only of the shoe, or better yet, put some on a rag or paper towel and wipe the area to see if it comes out. If not, see the sneaker care maintainance post for other options. Best of luck!

Two essentials for me are Goo Gone and MR. Clean Magic Eraser. Any bathroom tile cleaner will get that mold off. Just let the foam settle for 10 minutes or so.

Two essentials for me are Goo Gone and MR. Clean Magic Eraser. Any bathroom tile cleaner will get that mold off. Just let the foam settle for 10 minutes or so.

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

good call. i was about to say the same thing!!

good call. i was about to say the same thing!!

silly question, but anyone have a link to get some sea glow? My xi's arent bad yet but I have 2 pairs of V's that need help bad becasue I lived in Europe. kept a dehumdifier, plastic bags...everything

silly question, but anyone have a link to get some sea glow? My xi's arent bad yet but I have 2 pairs of V's that need help bad becasue I lived in Europe. kept a dehumdifier, plastic bags...everything

Originally Posted by beh235

I would not allow the mold to stay there especially if I am going to have the shoes closed up in a shoe box. Its gross, not healthy, and may even smell up your shoes. I am sure you can get the mold off if it is at the surface. I would use mold remover then clean the soles with soap and water afterwards and use pressured air to dry them. I honestly dont know too much about mold but I would think that it would spread.     

jlhope2 -
wow, those must have been stored with a lot of moisture. Those are really bad even if they had been worn a few times.

Originally Posted by beh235

I would not allow the mold to stay there especially if I am going to have the shoes closed up in a shoe box. Its gross, not healthy, and may even smell up your shoes. I am sure you can get the mold off if it is at the surface. I would use mold remover then clean the soles with soap and water afterwards and use pressured air to dry them. I honestly dont know too much about mold but I would think that it would spread.     

jlhope2 -
wow, those must have been stored with a lot of moisture. Those are really bad even if they had been worn a few times.

Originally Posted by glove72

Here you go.  I bought mine here also.

http://islandgirlshop.enstore.com/browse/2?sort=name

good lookin out...i have some clear bottom AF1s this should come in handy with now too

good lookin out...i have some clear bottom AF1s this should come in handy with now too

Just read the directions on the site otherwise you'll just be wasting it.

Just read the directions on the site otherwise you'll just be wasting it.

Originally Posted by BigEli500

SOMEONE PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND LOOK AT THE PICTURE THAT SHOWS THE SOLE OF THE SHOE... IS IT ME OR IS THAT YELLOWING OF THE COOL GREY SIMILAR TO THE SPACE JAM YELLOWING THAT'S HAPPENING TO OURS!??!?!?! FML!----> (1ST TIME I SAY THAT)

http://sneakernews.com/20...leased-2010-mesh-sample/

Yes that is the same type of yellowing. The XVI.5's did the same thing while they sat on the store shelves from being on display.

Originally Posted by BigEli500

SOMEONE PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND LOOK AT THE PICTURE THAT SHOWS THE SOLE OF THE SHOE... IS IT ME OR IS THAT YELLOWING OF THE COOL GREY SIMILAR TO THE SPACE JAM YELLOWING THAT'S HAPPENING TO OURS!??!?!?! FML!----> (1ST TIME I SAY THAT)

http://sneakernews.com/20...leased-2010-mesh-sample/

Yes that is the same type of yellowing. The XVI.5's did the same thing while they sat on the store shelves from being on display.

eek.gif

im gonna wear mine more... i swear I will...

i guess this is the way JB can keep retroing there shoes and selling out. cause if every one DS there shoes for years and still stay icey. no one will need to buy retros

Back
Top Bottom