So...there is mold on my spacejams, will seaglow remove it?

i was forced to wear my space jams 2 months ago because they were kinda yellowing around the blue part of the sole.
sucks about the mold. try using some hard core i.sh to rub it off

Originally Posted by jlhope2

So I know this thread is about mold and how to remove it from the SJs.  But I thought i'd share this.
Just pulled mine out, I knew they had yellowed a bit.  But when I compared them to my CGs, WHOA.
I know ppl say it on here everyday: WEAR YOUR SHOES!!  Im slowly learning.......
frown.gif

aed35d32e8544e641201882f328f4fe5b1d0ed4.bmp
mine are slowly starting to look like that, i havent worn mine either
30t6p3b.gif

So I know this thread is about mold and how to remove it from the SJs.  But I thought i'd share this.
Just pulled mine out, I knew they had yellowed a bit.  But when I compared them to my CGs, WHOA.
I know ppl say it on here everyday: WEAR YOUR SHOES!!  Im slowly learning.......
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

before trying the sea glow on them, you might want to try a magic eraser first. if this helps remove it, then no need for the sea glow. hope this helps.

before trying the sea glow on them, you might want to try a magic eraser first. if this helps remove it, then no need for the sea glow. hope this helps.

you don't need seaglow to remove mold. use the same stuff you use in your shower, but be careful not to let the stuff touch the patent or other fabrics, cuz it'll stain them.

also, shouldn't a mod know where the sneaker maintenance section is?
wink.gif

you don't need seaglow to remove mold. use the same stuff you use in your shower, but be careful not to let the stuff touch the patent or other fabrics, cuz it'll stain them.

also, shouldn't a mod know where the sneaker maintenance section is?
wink.gif

DAYUM! I have hella XI's stored away that I need to go back and check...especially the original Space Jams and Cool greys! I am worried

DAYUM! I have hella XI's stored away that I need to go back and check...especially the original Space Jams and Cool greys! I am worried

Originally Posted by Zyzz

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I wore my pair 20+ times, and they dont even look like that.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I wore my pair 20+ times, and they dont even look like that.
sick.gif
sick.gif

I checked my space jams after reading about the yellowing, and there is slight yellowing in the middle of the shoe around the blue herringbone pattern. I shrugged, not a big deal to me. I thought I was crazy and what people are failing to realize is that these versions of 11's have a transparent clear sole, while the originals have a clear sole, there is a gum sole type of tine to it, if I am expressing it correctly. Case in point, I was going to sell my 2001 Concords at FCNY last year. At the time they were dead stock, I stored them in a plastic bin in my closet. They were perfectly fine, no yellowing since I bought them. I showed them to the dude behind the counter and he was like "they're yellow". I asked him how because they were dead stock and he asked me if I exposed them to light, blah blah blah. He looked kind of young and maybe didn't understand that's how the first retros looked when they were released. These new soles are super "icy" and when I got my SJ's last year and took them out of the box, my first thought was; when they yellow, they will look worse than the 2000's after they yellow. These stories are proving true. They yellow super fast. Compared to a new 11 with a clear sole, the retros from 2000-2001 will look yellowed when in fact they are "icy" for the time they were released. It seems that the younger people wanting 11's are lost on what the shoe used to look like and they romanticized how clear the sole was. Even when you looked at old stock pics of Concords, you had some that had the super icy sole like the ones being seen now and some had what some consider "yellow" soles. JB took notice of how people are screaming for "icy" soles, and in the process gave the "youth" what they wanted at a higher pricing point and at a seemingly lower quality. This is my observation, and I'm not one to complain on here about the "iciness" or quality of JB. I could care less, my motto is, I like it, I buy it, period. So many people complain about quality, it falls on deaf ears so stop it, you know the solution to that complaint. Bottom line is, they are shoes, they are meant to be worn, not put in a museum in your house only to have depreciating value over time.

I checked my space jams after reading about the yellowing, and there is slight yellowing in the middle of the shoe around the blue herringbone pattern. I shrugged, not a big deal to me. I thought I was crazy and what people are failing to realize is that these versions of 11's have a transparent clear sole, while the originals have a clear sole, there is a gum sole type of tine to it, if I am expressing it correctly. Case in point, I was going to sell my 2001 Concords at FCNY last year. At the time they were dead stock, I stored them in a plastic bin in my closet. They were perfectly fine, no yellowing since I bought them. I showed them to the dude behind the counter and he was like "they're yellow". I asked him how because they were dead stock and he asked me if I exposed them to light, blah blah blah. He looked kind of young and maybe didn't understand that's how the first retros looked when they were released. These new soles are super "icy" and when I got my SJ's last year and took them out of the box, my first thought was; when they yellow, they will look worse than the 2000's after they yellow. These stories are proving true. They yellow super fast. Compared to a new 11 with a clear sole, the retros from 2000-2001 will look yellowed when in fact they are "icy" for the time they were released. It seems that the younger people wanting 11's are lost on what the shoe used to look like and they romanticized how clear the sole was. Even when you looked at old stock pics of Concords, you had some that had the super icy sole like the ones being seen now and some had what some consider "yellow" soles. JB took notice of how people are screaming for "icy" soles, and in the process gave the "youth" what they wanted at a higher pricing point and at a seemingly lower quality. This is my observation, and I'm not one to complain on here about the "iciness" or quality of JB. I could care less, my motto is, I like it, I buy it, period. So many people complain about quality, it falls on deaf ears so stop it, you know the solution to that complaint. Bottom line is, they are shoes, they are meant to be worn, not put in a museum in your house only to have depreciating value over time.

Back
Top Bottom