So NTer GaBeGRaMs scammed me out of $100

did a meetup 2 weeks ago for something. dude had a pen in his hand and i was thinking he was gonna give me an autograph or something haha it was one of the counterfeit pens, not a bad idea to start carrying those around when selling

Originally Posted by zack54attack

funny-gifs-proboscis-monkey-eating.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

330 - 100 = 230 = retail = which is what he should have paid in the first place. Stop reselling

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Maybe he didnt know it was fake himself if he in fact gave you the bill in question. How do you tell its legit by holding up in the sun? What do you look for? I never learned this.

I know quite a few people who use fake bills from 5's to 100's, mostly in drug deals at nighttime. I've always been intrigued by that cause its such easy $$ but never tried it myself.

I dont see how you can get your money back without passing it off as a real hundo somewhere/to someone. After this thread I'm investing in a marker, !*%% that

Holding it up to the sun or a light will show a watermark image of the president on the right hand side of the bill as well as a vertical black bar on the left.  This should be done anytime you get a $50 or $100 and is a quick way to prevent photocopy style counterfitting.
You can also look closely at the bill itself to see green and red fibers woven into the dollar.  This is very hard for counterfieters to copy as you need a special blend of paper that they don't sell at stores.
If you're still not sure you can look at the edging.  All US dollars are screened after beeing printed and cut and any defects are removed from circulation.  So if the borders aren't straight there's a strong chance it's a fake.
Lastly, simply feel the bill.  Paper money feels unlike anything else.  This is a technique used by bankers or others who consistantly deal with cash.

There are a few other tricks but what I listed above should only take a couple seconds and is well worth the energy.
Good looks. Its different for lower bill though right? I checked a 5 right after reading this post and it didnt have the presidents watermark but there is a vertical watermark of the number 5 on the left side and a black vertical line slightly to the right of the middle. Then I checked a hundo and what you said checked out

No, they should all be pretty much uniform.  If your $100 bill is from a different series than the $5 there may be some differences.  The $5 bill here is from the 1999 series so it doesn't have the red/green weave yet.  Also of note IIRC the mid 2000s $20 has an almost glossy finish to them.

You can see the watermark on the far right and the black bar on the far left.

Also of note the brand new $100s will look completely different.
image.jpg

When i was in NYC a month or so ago

I got fake 20's out of a ATM in harlem off 145th and bway.

Dude turned me down at the halal stand.

I went to every corner store and bought chips until i had change for every 20.

Ain't nothing you can do OP. I once got a fake $50 from a damn bank so he probably had no idea himself. Counterfeiters got this *#$ down to the T now day. Chalk up the L.

should have exchanged him with variant metallic red foams in the first place.
Spoiler [+]
funny-gif-beer-cups-filled-bottom-up.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Lol, arguing on NT instead of in person.

You got each other's numbers....go take it to the phones...lmao

or this OP. you know what has to be done

GIFSoup

Originally Posted by 4U2C

uhm guys he cant go exchange the 4100 bill because if this story is true im 100% sure the restaurant would have taken it and they are suppose to call police since its a federal crime!

Also nothing the OP can do. No way to tell who is trying to scam who. In the buyer eyes he feel he is getting scammed int he seller eyes he feel he been scammed

Suck up the loss and learn from this lesson

laugh.gif
not everyone is on some super citizen stuff...owner/manager prob was glad he caught it and gave it back to dude and said pay another way - not tryna call police and all that for something that could clearly be a misunderstanding...

if you find yourself in a bestbuy checkout line with 25 fake hundreds trying to pay for a new LED tv then it might be different story

Counterfeit money ain't no joke, with that being said tell him you're going to the police. If he doesn't believe you then go to the police. Cant let people to continue to get over on one another nowadays.

Originally Posted by 4U2C

Originally Posted by CWrite78

restaurant owner scamming you son.

switched bills and made you pay anyway.

THIS... Manager got you good. Probably saw u coming a mile away

ALSO I know this is ducktales because the manager HAVE TOO call the police and the
police will contact feds, especially if he said the fake money has been going around lately. No way in heck would he had gave that money back to you unless he was trying to get you on by swapping a real one with a fake one then coming at you

It's probably different from company to company but I'm not required to call the police. I put it in the deposit at the end of the night if it slips through and the bank takes care of it. I would do the same thing if I caught it.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

$100 lap dance

get milked

I think we got a winner. be that guy, go into a strip clib and just shut the whole place down. Smack a chick on the booty with that hundo

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Counterfeit money ain't no joke, with that being said tell him you're going to the police. If he doesn't believe you then go to the police. Cant let people to continue to get over on one another nowadays.
laugh.gif
its been stated the police cant/wont care or do anything...its $100 you think they are gonna launch an investigation into this dudes life

and wheres the proof? its he said she said on where the $ came from...theres no record...and it was one bill

i agree they dont play with counterfeit money if somebody has quantities and is trying to get over but this can be chalked up to an accident with no way to blame anyone

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

My bad Kingtre I didn't read lol, you doing WSOP this year?? Main event lol.

yea maybe if homie sends me 100 of them fakies for the low
laugh.gif

you guys just need to both man up on some goonie type stuff and fight to the death. it's the only way this will get solved.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Lol, arguing on NT instead of in person.

You got each other's numbers....go take it to the phones...lmao
If you look at the first pg in General at any given money it shows a lot of people aren't built to handle issues on their own...these threads are made so other NTers can do the OP's dirty work or to pressure the other person into fixing the situation.

i feel no remorse for you charging dude 330 for them
30t6p3b.gif

lowkey upset i paid $265, off my own damn Uncle
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom