So my cousins in the D just copped a house for 16k

see there are people in here who dont get how this REALLY works. your not really buy a run down house but more so the land. so say you guy 3 houses on a blockand then 5 years from now some gentrification starts and starbucks decides one of your lots is a prime spot for a new location. you payed 5k lets say and nowto them its worth 50k you bank 45k from doing nothing but being patient. buying a crappy house isnt always about fixing it up sometimes its just about owningsome land.

some of those brick houses is straight outta mario bros.

Castle--article_image.jpg

lol at ninjahood.

Detroit looks cool though. id go there

Dallas And NYC is the best though.

Originally Posted by belle155

http://www.howardhanna.com/

type in these MLS #s and you can see what you can get in cleveland for a grand or so...look at the monthly mortgage payments. I saw one for 44 cents a month

just some examples.. that last one is almost 2200 sq foot for $1500.
Belle, me and my friends have seriously thought of buying a house like this, clean it up a lil bit and just throw parties there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Sad part is, I could flip those houses and make a killing.

Bingo.

Many of you are so naive it's unbelievable. Like most cities, Detroit is having a huge economic downturn. Unlike most cities however, detroit doesn't have the luxury of some booming industry and/or sector to rely on. This is why it's in the state it's in. But you'd be a fool to think this is permanent. At some point in the future, industry is going to move back because of prime real estate and a prime labor force. Of course, with the arrival of what is essentially "new" money into the city, you'll see the development of restuarants, apartments, shopping malls, and more forms of economic growth.

Purchasing a crib, for cheap no less, and watching it appreciate is sweet icing on the cake. If i had loot, I would seriously be in detroit buying property and investing for the future.

What the hell are you talking about?
laugh.gif

"At some point......". At some point when? 50. 60. 100 years from now?

What's so "prime" about Detroit? They lived solely off of the US auto and auto parts manufacturers and those will not reach the heights that theyonce had in the US.
GM and Ford just opened new plants in Russia. Yeh, they basically told Detroit to *!%# off.
laugh.gif

What "prime" real estate are you talking about? What "prime" labor force?
You'd be better off buying 16k worth of land in China or India and hoping to strike it rich in a few decades.

First, for any city to boom, one needs jobs and lots of them. Who the *!%# is going to bring jobs to Detroit nowadays?
I'll give you an example of a once vibrat industry laden area that turned to @@@% ala Detroit; Binghamton, NY.
Look where it's at now after 30 years of the industrial corp. leaving. It's still a #!*% hole.

You're dreaming if you think another boom is destined for Detroit in the near future.

Also, I'd love to see which bank will grant a line of credit for the purpose of renovating houses. Let alone renovating houses in Detroit.

epic lulz.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

type in these MLS #s and you can see what you can get in cleveland for a grand or so...look at the monthly mortgage payments. I saw one for 44 cents a month

Belle, me and my friends have seriously thought of buying a house like this, clean it up a lil bit and just throw parties there
laugh.gif
no lie, if you do that you better clean it up in the morning and have the party that night or anything you leave in there will be gone the nextday. i just had my new house inspected and the guy that did it told me about when he goes to euclid. i was born in cleveland and lived in euclid for 23years. now people will give him house keys to go do repair work on a furnace and when he gets there, the house is empty inside. its sad the way the city hasfallen. i wasnt kiddin about the bron comment either. if he leaves, downtown cleveland will go down another notch or 2.

Boy, ...for a split second i thought ( i wished) you were talking about Dallas,Tx.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

laugh.gif
no lie, if you do that you better clean it up in the morning and have the party that night or anything you leave in there will be gone the next day. i just had my new house inspected and the guy that did it told me about when he goes to euclid. i was born in cleveland and lived in euclid for 23 years. now people will give him house keys to go do repair work on a furnace and when he gets there, the house is empty inside. its sad the way the city has fallen. i wasnt kiddin about the bron comment either. if he leaves, downtown cleveland will go down another notch or 2.

QFT

Cleveland is on the verge homie... I feel like the mayor is talking in his ear...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Bingo.

Many of you are so naive it's unbelievable. Like most cities, Detroit is having a huge economic downturn. Unlike most cities however, detroit doesn't have the luxury of some booming industry and/or sector to rely on. This is why it's in the state it's in. But you'd be a fool to think this is permanent. At some point in the future, industry is going to move back because of prime real estate and a prime labor force. Of course, with the arrival of what is essentially "new" money into the city, you'll see the development of restuarants, apartments, shopping malls, and more forms of economic growth.

Purchasing a crib, for cheap no less, and watching it appreciate is sweet icing on the cake. If i had loot, I would seriously be in detroit buying property and investing for the future.

laugh.gif

What's so "prime" about Detroit? They lived solely off of the US auto and auto parts manufacturers and those will not reach the heights that they once had in the US.
GM and Ford just opened new plants in Russia. Yeh, they basically told Detroit to *!%# off.
laugh.gif

You'd be better off buying 16k worth of land in China or India and hoping to strike it rich in a few decades.

First, for any city to boom, one needs jobs and lots of them. Who the *!%# is going to bring jobs to Detroit nowadays?
I'll give you an example of a once vibrat industry laden area that turned to #%@! ala Detroit; Binghamton, NY.
Look where it's at now after 30 years of the industrial corp. leaving. It's still a ****hole.

You're dreaming if you think another boom is destined for Detroit in the near future.

co-sign

Bingo.

laugh.gif

What's so "prime" about Detroit? They lived solely off of the US auto and auto parts manufacturers and those will not reach the heights that they once had in the US.
laugh.gif

I'll give you an example of a once vibrat industry laden area that turned to #%@! ala Detroit; Binghamton, NY.
Look where it's at now after 30 years of the industrial corp. leaving. It's still a ****hole.

agreed

can tell most of the dudes in this thread never lived in the hood or not living reality

dude cousin just copped "prime" real estate in hell on earth

"juju" and "super" will fit in at areas like this,they can share what ever they smoking with the other smokers in there abandoned housesthey call "prime"
smh.gif

Dog they got houses in the D for as low as 5. PPL are coppin left and right, fixin it up, and flippin for triple that. No Problem

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Bingo.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

co-sign

laugh.gif
exactly... dudes saw an episode of house flipping and think buying uppieces of real estate nobodies going to want for at least the next 20 years is a good investment. i'm not saying if you have all the time in the worldthat it's a bad one... but you sure as hell aren't making that money back anytime soon

There are houses out in Ypsilanti (like 25-30 minutes west of the D) going for 30k that are in great shape and ok but sometimes questionable neighborhoods. Ialso seen condos in Belleville (just east of Ypsilanti) that were built 4 years ago going for 30-40k(ones that have been foreclosed on) and the rest of thecondos are listed around 120k. These cities are no where near the level Detroit is on (although some people in Ypsilanti would like to think so) and the housesare still going for super cheap.

belle155 and anyone from Cleveland -

Is it so bad that nobody is populating those areas at all, particularly East Cleveland where you posted those MLS #s? As in, nobodies even renting propertiesfor dirt cheap around there?

PS. For those of your holding out hope that Starbucks or some other corporation would buy your property and make you rich, think again. Unless the houseyou're buying is in a commercial zone or the city/town has some wacked out zoning laws, it's just not happening. There's just about no way that anymunicipality would allow for a Starbucks etc to be put in a residential area...well, unless things got so desperate, but even still, there's probablyenough available commercial locations.

Back
Top Bottom