So. Much. Swag. *Added Doc of Making the Video pg.11*

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I really think the comment was just to throw Rihanna under the bus because these two artists are in completely different spheres. There is no correlation to be made.
As I see. I guess she just has a bone to pick with Rhianna so she randomly threw her name out there for whatever reason.

yeah you know how females get with other female artists they dislike...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

comparing rihanna to MIA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i heard it all

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

As I see. I guess she just has a bone to pick with Rhianna so she randomly threw her name out there for whatever reason.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

comparing rihanna to MIA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i heard it all
How sexist of you to assume that. You learn how to not be back up d yet?

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

comparing rihanna to MIA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i heard it all
How sexist of you to assume that. You learn how to not be back up d yet?

lol

whats so dope about M.I.A. that got people going nuts? is it her whole "im a bad %%+ chick" gimmick? i thought paper planes was dope but if pineapple express ain't pick it up for their advertising, it wouldn't have the same prestige.

i can see why teenagers eat her stuff up, that rebellious "eff the establishment" type of bull. she speaks to all the kids who throw up their middle fingers in pictures so they can be noticed. aka attention seekers. kanye samples a bar from your song and now she's a icon in music.

get this trashy mess outta here. why you gotta flip anyone off at the superbowl? im not saying "oh theres kids watching it was inappropriate" but its on the same level as girls flashing the camera, for attention. was she protesting anything? or was she lookin to gain some headlines?

call me a hater, but aint nothing extraordinary bout her. yall gassed.

oh and rihanna>mia, in every statistical category. yall really some funny guys if you think they playin in the same league. hell, id go as far as saying umbrella> mia's catalogue.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

oh and rihanna>mia, in every statistical category. yall really some funny guys if you think they playin in the same league. hell, id go as far as saying umbrella> mia's catalogue.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

whats so dope about M.I.A. that got people going nuts? is it her whole "im a bad %%+ chick" gimmick? i thought paper planes was dope but if pineapple express ain't pick it up for their advertising, it wouldn't have the same prestige.

i can see why teenagers eat her stuff up, that rebellious "eff the establishment" type of bull. she speaks to all the kids who throw up their middle fingers in pictures so they can be noticed. aka attention seekers. kanye samples a bar from your song and now she's a icon in music.

get this trashy mess outta here. why you gotta flip anyone off at the superbowl? im not saying "oh theres kids watching it was inappropriate" but its on the same level as girls flashing the camera, for attention. was she protesting anything? or was she lookin to gain some headlines?

call me a hater, but aint nothing extraordinary bout her. yall gassed.

She's certified though... not this random pop artist driven by some record company's marketing scheme, alot of people like her because she's authentic

Define authentic? How would anyone know if she was authentic or not? How do any of us know that she wasn't working as a Sunday School teacher in Sri Lanka 10 years ago?

I think authentic in the sense that she came into the game one way and is still that way. Rihanna changed over the years. I love both, though.

kanye samples a bar from your song and now she's a icon in music.

30t6p3b.gif
You realize she was the shhh before that right? She wasn't mainstream and her fans loved that most. She didn't need that co-sign and I hate that song.  It's a KNOWN FACT that Kanye samples tight music just like he sampled Bon Iver's Woods. 

Define authentic? How would anyone know if she was authentic or not? How do any of us know that she wasn't working as a Sunday School teacher in Sri Lanka 10 years ago?

DCAllAmerican...
EAGamesChallengeEverything.jpg

she has articles about her come up and taking them for what they're worth she was NOT working as a Sunday school teacher in Sri Lanka
laugh.gif

...and like franchise said MIA has always presented her artistry the same over the years... nothing contrived with her

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think authentic in the sense that she came into the game one way and is still that way. Rihanna changed over the years. I love both, though.

Well that isn't really saying anything about Rhianna considering she didn't chose to change up her style. She (they) only do what they are told to do. I am pretty sure if MIA is relevant for a long enough period she will get sl utted out as well.

i respect that she built a fanbase and and established herself or whatever but i still think her gimmick is forced and over exaggerated. shes on nicki minaj's level (no surprised they shared the stage) in terms of being a created character that the real person ( i think her name is maya) has drawn up.

i believe that her art school background makes her go for a "shock factor" type of persona and i've never been a huge fan of that. if you seriously need to do something unusual to garner sales/attention/plays then your talent is that, not in music itself. come to think of it, all these sloths be doing the same thing.

but hey, it's only entertainment.

Originally Posted by 0cks

...and like franchise said MIA has always presented her artistry the same over the years... nothing contrived with her

So her flipping off the SB crowd wasn't "forced." I guess it was artsy right? Like I said, she seems like she tries too hard. Just as most mainstream artists. And yes, she is mainstream now. 

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

i've watched this video so many times now.
I'm guessing cap means Rihanna's feigned bad**@ness, this rebel without a cause image she's put

forth lately
But even what they're rebelling against is different lol. Rihanna seems to want freedom to do whatever she pleases. MIA is more about specific ideals like expression and sexism and racism and oppression. I really think the comment was just to throw Rihanna under the bus because these two artists are in completely different spheres. There is no correlation to be made.
Basically.
Now dude just said that the only reason "Paper Planes" is hot is because Pineapple Express used it, not in their movie, but in their adverts?

The stupidity on this site never ceases to amaze me 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

So her flipping off the SB crowd wasn't "forced." I guess it was artsy right? Like I said, she seems like she tries too hard. Just as most mainstream artists. And yes, she is mainstream now. 

Dude she's always been that way tho. Kind of like how Kanye has been loud and outspoken about how he feels since the beginning. It may have been a shock to you but her fans know how she is and respect that.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Well that isn't really saying anything about Rhianna considering she didn't chose to change up her style. She (they) only do what they are told to do. I am pretty sure if MIA is relevant for a long enough period she will get sl utted out as well.

MIA has been relevant long enough, and she will continue to be, I think. She came into the game singing about swag and all that, and that's the image she projects. Rihanna on the other hand has switched it up from dance hall music to getting 'Thug Life' tatted on her knuckles. Not knocking Rihanna at all, but I think that's where a lot of people feel MIA is authentic. She hasn't changed, really.

Dude she's always been that way tho. Kind of like how Kanye has been loud and outspoken about how he feels since the beginning. It may have been a shock to you but her fans know how she is and respect that.
laugh.gif
 @ Respect. What the hell is to respect about someone flipping off 33 million people? I don't have to be a real fan to know that someone that does something like that is trying too hard. I don't care if she always acts like that, to do something like that requires thought. 

And you all say that MIA hasn't changed. But don't forget the keyword, YET. As time goes on, the legs will open wider and wider and the cuts of the shirt will get deeper and deeper.

Time will tell.

What the hell is to respect about someone flipping off 33 million people? I don't have to be a real fan to know that someone that does something like that is trying too hard. I don't care if she always acts like that, to do something like that requires thought. 

Were you as offended when you saw Janet's nipple?
grin.gif

She is everything Rihanna wishes she was. Seriously.

And what is that exactly?
Rihanna tries to hard to be a bad girl. A big attention @!$##. Post pics of herself smoking weed, talks crazy on twitter... Like C'Mon. You were nice as hell just two years ago, now you a bad girl.
M.I.A. is 100 with hers. Two different artist but still....

Back
Top Bottom