So is wine the new "grown" man drink???

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Coming from one of the few "grown men" on this site I can tell you that they are wrong. Wine is not the new grown man drink. Firstly, there's nothing new about men drinking wine. Second, it certainly isn't the new thing to drink wine at social events. I don't know any guys who order wine when we are out. Wine is for dinner and household events, not happy hour...unless you are a girl.

As another of the few "grown men" on this site, I completely disagree

I drink wine on the regular. On average a bottle or two a week. Typically I just buy some 2 buck chuck (Charles Shaw) by the case for my daily wine with dinner, but I also have some $100+ bottles in my wine fridge that I got stored for special occassions. Now this admittedly is bordering on the fem-side, but I also belong to two wine clubs at two different wineries where I get quarterly shipments. As far as drinking wine while out, sometimes I will switch it up and go to the wine bar instead of the local sports bar for happy hour and just order by the bottle or carafe. Usually when we hit the wine bar or hell... any bar, its a fair mix of guys and girls, so its not like I'm da gays and just kickin it wit broads.
Where exactly did you disagree? You drink wine with dinner and at special events. And of course you drink wine if you go to a wine bar lol.

My male co workers tell me wine is the new "grown" man drink.

Anyone who describes wine as "grown mans drink" in person is a herb.

Saying its new like its some sort of trend.
laugh.gif

But anyways, stick to the Spanish red wines.

RFX45 - I don't know what you are talkin bout man. No hangover? As a regular boozer and wine drinker, I'd say that wine gives me the worst hangovers of any booze (cept when I start with beer, then transition to liquor, then transition to
pimp.gif
then finish with wine or more beer).
Word. Red wine hangovers are fierce. Sake, on the other hand . . . .

usually at the more grown spots i hang out at, i notice the guys drinkin just straight cognac. i rarely see men drinking wine unless its with a dinner ortheyre with a female chillin alone.

p.s. get your own avy
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

My male co workers tell me wine is the new "grown" man drink.

Anyone who describes wine as "grown mans drink" in person is a herb.

Saying its new like its some sort of trend.
laugh.gif

But anyways, stick to the Spanish red wines.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

some people prefer it...some don't...
Informative answer, would read again.

Anyways, you're calling drinking wine "new?" It's been the one of the alcohols of choice for thousands of years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

RFX45 - I don't know what you are talkin bout man. No hangover? As a regular boozer and wine drinker, I'd say that wine gives me the worst hangovers of any booze (cept when I start with beer, then transition to liquor, then transition to
pimp.gif
then finish with wine or more beer).
Word. Red wine hangovers are fierce. Sake, on the other hand . . . .

Nah, I don't get much hangover wine. I get a mean hangover when I drink beer, I was just never a big beer drinker. I could go a bottle or two at times andnot get much hangover.
Actually, come to think of it, I never get hung over when I drink wine (or almost any alcohol) with a meal. Taht is why beer gets me more because when I go outto bars, it is usually an empty stomach and then a bunch of beer or mixed drinks. Or maybe I am just used to wine already? But it really doesn't affect memuch, the same with my friends.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Wine has the best buzz. Funny this was made because I was thinking about making a wine thread. What's good for starters. Sweet but not too sweet. Me and my girl started drinking moscato but now we off that because it taste too sweet to us. What's another good wine to transition too?

I highly recommend going to a wine bar. You get to try a sip of plenty of wines from everywhere and you are bound to find one to your liking.
I used to go every weekend and it is where I got started.

Originally Posted by sunshine734

usually at the more grown spots i hang out at, i notice the guys drinkin just straight cognac. i rarely see men drinking wine unless its with a dinner or theyre with a female chillin alone.

p.s. get your own avy
tongue.gif

wink.gif
wink.gif
Boyyy boss up and get this money!!!!
I drink wine every once in a while to mellow me out BUT i just didnt think a man would order wine at a bar....... Oh well whatever floats his boat...... But iwould like to learn and taste different wines..... Any suggestions???
ohwell.gif

When I'm at home, I'll have a bottle and a half. I usually mix and match. Once I try something that I like, I'll stick to it for a bit. You justhave to spend some money to see what you like. There are some ratings online for wine if you feel the need to have other opinions on it. There are some mealsthat I've had that are an imprint on my brain, thanks to the right combination of wine and food. And somebody said it right, red wine hangovers are nojoke. I feel better off a cognac hangover then a wine hangover. My muscles are all sore and everything. Oh yeah, I forgot, you have to try some dessert winetoo. God, that stuff is good.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Apples28

I drink wine two bottle each
smile.gif

How much time do you give it? 2 bottles for me in a 2 hour span, and I'm done.

I drink it pretty fast and feel real loose. Its a nice tipsynessness. I dunno my time span i just know i drink both bottles
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I drink wine two bottle each
smile.gif

How much time do you give it? 2 bottles for me in a 2 hour span, and I'm done.

I drink it pretty fast and feel real loose. Its a nice tipsynessness. I dunno my time span i just know i drink both bottles
smile.gif

Well, I don't doubt it. I like to drink my wine pretty fast too. It feels like all your muscles are relaxing real good and everything is mellow, reminds meof
pimp.gif

lol@ grown mans drink.

i didnt know babies and children could drink.

every drink is a grown man drink.

i dont think cisco is a childs drink.

Back
Top Bottom