So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Now you're reaching. But Saito had faith in Cobb and that he did what needed to be done. Faith was a sort of recurring theme in this movie. He had faith when they were in Yusef's dream that Cobb would finish the mission, he had faith in the airplane that Cobb finished the mission, whether they talked about it in limbo or not. So he made the call.

I know you're going to disagree with what I just typed, so just make your rebuttal short and take the rest to IMDB where you might find someone who agrees with you... for some reason.

Now you're reaching. But Saito had faith in Cobb and that he did what needed to be done. Faith was a sort of recurring theme in this movie. He had faith when they were in Yusef's dream that Cobb would finish the mission, he had faith in the airplane that Cobb finished the mission, whether they talked about it in limbo or not. So he made the call.

I know you're going to disagree with what I just typed, so just make your rebuttal short and take the rest to IMDB where you might find someone who agrees with you... for some reason.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

It's a movie about a guy who has a very interesting dream on his plane ride back to his family. That's it.
tumblr_l61b5aUT4E1qb5imxo1_r1_400.jpg

the wedding ring theory is plausible, but then why would cobb keep spinning the top as his totem?

the wedding ring theory is plausible, but then why would cobb keep spinning the top as his totem?

just came from seeing it in imax. it doesn't beat the dark knight but reiterates nolan's skill at making films. dude has crazy imagination. ill be going thru this thread to make more sense of the film.

just came from seeing it in imax. it doesn't beat the dark knight but reiterates nolan's skill at making films. dude has crazy imagination. ill be going thru this thread to make more sense of the film.

Originally Posted by solelistikn1ke1ne

He didnt. He just kept it to keep a memory of his wife (if that theory holds up).

He didnt. He just kept it to keep a memory of his wife (if that theory holds up).

Originally Posted by Noskey

I disagree.  FAITH is not a sufficient basis for following through with his end of the deal unless he knew for certain.  Would you deliver if you BELIEVED someone had followed through with their end of the deal?  Or would you want CONFIRMATION?   That's what I thought....keep reaching

I disagree.  FAITH is not a sufficient basis for following through with his end of the deal unless he knew for certain.  Would you deliver if you BELIEVED someone had followed through with their end of the deal?  Or would you want CONFIRMATION?   That's what I thought....keep reaching

Just watched inception last night really good! And also seen avatar for the first time last night def loved inception better even thought their different types of movies. Also inception hell a trippy loved every minute, hate his Leos wife in the movie. She crazy!

Just watched inception last night really good! And also seen avatar for the first time last night def loved inception better even thought their different types of movies. Also inception hell a trippy loved every minute, hate his Leos wife in the movie. She crazy!

It was his wife's totem, this was confirmed in the movie.

It was his wife's totem, this was confirmed in the movie.

I think the wedding ring theory removes the idea of a character arc.
Where was the ring? In his dreams.

Why was it there? Because he couldn't let go of his guilt over Mal.

Wouldn't it make sense that once he's finally traveled the recesses of his subconscious, accepted this new idea, that he didn't need to hold onto this stigma anymore, that the ring would stop following him into his dreams?

I mean, I don't feel that it was a dream at the end, but there's an argument to be made against the ring theory.

I think the wedding ring theory removes the idea of a character arc.
Where was the ring? In his dreams.

Why was it there? Because he couldn't let go of his guilt over Mal.

Wouldn't it make sense that once he's finally traveled the recesses of his subconscious, accepted this new idea, that he didn't need to hold onto this stigma anymore, that the ring would stop following him into his dreams?

I mean, I don't feel that it was a dream at the end, but there's an argument to be made against the ring theory.

You all do realize that this is just a movie. A fictional story made for people like ourselves to go spend money on, and make people more rich.

You all do realize that this is just a movie. A fictional story made for people like ourselves to go spend money on, and make people more rich.

Its true that in the movie cobb didnt know if the inception was successful or not, but remember if he had arrived in LA without being cleared he would of been sent to prison for the rest of his life. It's not like when they woke up in the plane they could all talk about what happened with fisher in the plane. So I wouldn't call "faith is not sufficient" it is in a indirect way.

Also has anyone ever though that maybe after the dream when they woke up it no longer was as clear to them, meaning if Saito did spend a bunch of years in limbo he would not wake up with a terrible memory/experience of it.

Think about it, the best way to tell if the Inception worked is if fisher retires  which was not shown in the movie,

Also I kinda agree with that ring theory it follows it pretty spot on, and even that isnt true the top was not really his totem. So I believe the ending was reality and not a dream.

Back
Top Bottom