So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

**SPOILERS**
Alright saw this movie in IMAX last night (which was the first IMAX I have ever seen btw) and I have been having all these thoughts about the movie and what not, just trying to figure out a way to put them into words. So here goes --
1. First of all was I the only one that was not really impressed with this film in IMAX? I felt like some of the action sequences were really blurry, and you really couldn't see what was going on at times, also I thought the sound was off at the one I was at (Palladium, SA TX) I found it hard to hear what some of the people were saying sometimes, maybe I'm just deaf but thats me.

2. Was I the only one that was thinking (1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 1) to the corresponding dream levels?  I felt like this helped me kinda keep up with the plot a little bit better

3. In regards to the questions about the dream levels I remember them saying in the movie that the time "passed" in each level increases exponentially as you go up (or down? 
grin.gif
) in each level.  I can't remember exactly what it was but Leo and Ellen Page specifically said it was like; Level-1 minutes, Level-2 Hours, Level-3 years, Limbo-RIP sanity lol (which i may be wrong on)

4. I agree with the people stating that the conversation with Cobb's kids on the phone seemed kinda off, I agree that there seemed to be 3 kids, one being much older and sounded full of resent/anger, which would lead me to believe that in this scene he was in "reality", which I guess in turn would justify the theory that he was dreaming at the end

5.  I thought the whole deal was odd when they woke up on the plane, and Fischer just had that confused look on his face, like wouldn't he have said something? Wouldn't that have been an awkward moment? Like "Dang ya'll look familiar" 
alien.gif

6. The Mr. Charlie deal was kind of cool, the idea of Cobb pretending to be the head of security to trick the dreamers sub-conscious and to get rid of its own security was 
pimp.gif
 IMO

7. I know theres some stuff I left out, I might come back to post more later, but all in all I felt like this was a good movie.  I'm not the type of dude to say "OMG this was the greatest movie of all time!!" because ummmm it just came out, but yeah it was pretty good

[jay-z] it's only entertainment! [/jay-z]

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^sorry, but if you need to see the film 2-3 times to understand what was going on, then you're not very quick....

like I said earlier...this movie is easy to follow and understand...
the plot is simple and the what happens is simple...

your mind thinking about the dream concept is what makes it complex.

it's a great movie b/c for those who want a summer blockbuster that doesn't make you think(if you dont' want to)...this movie is it.
but for those who want to dive in and discuss all aspects...well...that pool is bottomless.
Dirty, the movie is nowhere near simple  
laugh.gif
  People in here with multiple diagrams of the dream levels and stuff.  I ain't neva seen a movie where people was posting diagrams to explain it.  And that was supposed to be the simple part that they thoroughly explained in the movie!

That's not even getting into the limbo, the totem, the multiple kicks, how Fischer was brought back to life and how Ellen Page made up her own plan and changed the rules or whatever. 

^sorry, but if you need to see the film 2-3 times to understand what was going on, then you're not very quick....

it's a great movie b/c for those who want a summer blockbuster that doesn't make you think(if you dont' want to)...this movie is it.
but for those who want to dive in and discuss all aspects...well...that pool is bottomless.
laugh.gif
  People in here with multiple diagrams of the dream levels and stuff.  I ain't neva seen a movie where people was posting diagrams to explain it.  And that was supposed to be the simple part that they thoroughly explained in the movie!

That's not even getting into the limbo, the totem, the multiple kicks, how Fischer was brought back to life and how Ellen Page made up her own plan and changed the rules or whatever. 

Combination: 52-84-91
Phone number: 528-491 (the "girl" [actually Eames] only wrote 6 digits)
Hotel room numbers: 528 & 491

----------------------------------------------

heres one question I have:
when everyone wakes up, they obviously remember what happened
so when Fischer wakes up, why doesnt he remember any of the dream?

i took saw it in imax last night.

movie was complexed and great.

i caught something in the beginning though. prop on table totally disappeared the next second. bad editing.

i took saw it in imax last night.

movie was complexed and great.

i caught something in the beginning though. prop on table totally disappeared the next second. bad editing.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

That's because when you have a dream, you only remember like the end of it or whatever important happened.  You don't really remember who was in it or how you got there. 

Originally Posted by JJ1223

That's because when you have a dream, you only remember like the end of it or whatever important happened.  You don't really remember who was in it or how you got there. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

laugh.gif

Its cause people think to hard and over analyze things

laugh.gif

Its cause people think to hard and over analyze things

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

I think people are making some of these complexities up....just to have something to ponder. mountains out of mole hills. this movie was pretty straight forward to me.

word.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

I think people are making some of these complexities up....just to have something to ponder. mountains out of mole hills. this movie was pretty straight forward to me.

word.

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Originally Posted by Nako XL

^doesn't saito say at some point after he's shot, either way i'm making the call for you when we get out of here?

When?  I'm not trying to find flaws, I am trying to make sense out of the scenes.
In that factory or whatever, right before dude pulls out the grenade launcher.

I felt this movie was good but really had the potential to really be great if it wasn't as complicated and had less going on.  Just looking at all the questions on here shows that the movie had way too much going on. 

I just watched the bootleg...this is false!   Saito said that if he comes back as an old man he will still honor the arrangement.  This DOES NOT specifiy whether he would honor it the arrangement successful or failed.  However, it is safe to assume that he meant succesful given that Cobb and the team could have simply gave up on the whole job knowing Saito would have passed.  Which meant, Cobb had no other incentive to continue with the inception.  Cobb would have been more focused on his own survival rather than carrying out the mission.  

So again, back to my original point.   How did Saito and Cobb know if the inception was a success?  And most importantly, why was Saito so quick to make the call?  It was obviously not out of gratitude due to Cobb's dirty look and Saito's suprised reaction, it was out of OBLIGATION!

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Originally Posted by Nako XL

^doesn't saito say at some point after he's shot, either way i'm making the call for you when we get out of here?

When?  I'm not trying to find flaws, I am trying to make sense out of the scenes.
In that factory or whatever, right before dude pulls out the grenade launcher.

I felt this movie was good but really had the potential to really be great if it wasn't as complicated and had less going on.  Just looking at all the questions on here shows that the movie had way too much going on. 

I just watched the bootleg...this is false!   Saito said that if he comes back as an old man he will still honor the arrangement.  This DOES NOT specifiy whether he would honor it the arrangement successful or failed.  However, it is safe to assume that he meant succesful given that Cobb and the team could have simply gave up on the whole job knowing Saito would have passed.  Which meant, Cobb had no other incentive to continue with the inception.  Cobb would have been more focused on his own survival rather than carrying out the mission.  

So again, back to my original point.   How did Saito and Cobb know if the inception was a success?  And most importantly, why was Saito so quick to make the call?  It was obviously not out of gratitude due to Cobb's dirty look and Saito's suprised reaction, it was out of OBLIGATION!

Back
Top Bottom