So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Just finished reading the whole thread. The movie was
pimp.gif
. In regards of getting out of limbo, they jumped off the building cause that created the falling effect since the only sensory skill they had left was their ear. They didn't jump off to purposely die and get deeper into limbo.

Just finished reading the whole thread. The movie was
pimp.gif
. In regards of getting out of limbo, they jumped off the building cause that created the falling effect since the only sensory skill they had left was their ear. They didn't jump off to purposely die and get deeper into limbo.

speaking of kicks..
the only thing I didn't understand was why they didn't wake up when the van crashed and rolled over down the hill.

speaking of kicks..
the only thing I didn't understand was why they didn't wake up when the van crashed and rolled over down the hill.

speaking of kicks..

They were heavily sedated and you have to die in the dream that you are in a level higher.

speaking of kicks..

They were heavily sedated and you have to die in the dream that you are in a level higher.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

speaking of kicks..

The movie suggests that it takes more than one kick to wake them up in that state of sedation and they were 3 dreams deep. In addition to the multiple kicks, they must be syncronized in order for them to wake up in all levels. This also goes with the reason why they didn't wake up when the van initially hit the bridge. They missed it in the second level because Authur didn't kick.

speaking of kicks..

The movie suggests that it takes more than one kick to wake them up in that state of sedation and they were 3 dreams deep. In addition to the multiple kicks, they must be syncronized in order for them to wake up in all levels. This also goes with the reason why they didn't wake up when the van initially hit the bridge. They missed it in the second level because Authur didn't kick.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

speaking of kicks..

Everything was sedated but the inner-ear so changes in equillibrium would constitute a kick.

The van windows shattering and rain hitting them wouldn't have woken them up but the van going Mr. Toad's Wild Ride over the embankment should have counted as a kick

Originally Posted by xilegacy

speaking of kicks..

Everything was sedated but the inner-ear so changes in equillibrium would constitute a kick.

The van windows shattering and rain hitting them wouldn't have woken them up but the van going Mr. Toad's Wild Ride over the embankment should have counted as a kick

Originally Posted by J2Legend

speaking of kicks..

I thought sideways momentum didn't count until I saw the movie again. It's not just falling backwards, but sideways counts as a kick too. It might that they're experienced enough, they can withstand kicks. I mean Cobb was getting knocked around in the first heist, but he held onto the dream until it got flooded. He just let the impact pass through him. Maybe Arthur let the momentum pass through him, and that made the hotel spin?

speaking of kicks..

I thought sideways momentum didn't count until I saw the movie again. It's not just falling backwards, but sideways counts as a kick too. It might that they're experienced enough, they can withstand kicks. I mean Cobb was getting knocked around in the first heist, but he held onto the dream until it got flooded. He just let the impact pass through him. Maybe Arthur let the momentum pass through him, and that made the hotel spin?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

speaking of kicks..

Sideways momentum counts, but in order for a kick like that to work, it must be syncronized with another kick from the other levels. The van crashing and rolling over wasn't in sync with any of the kicks. Also, Arthur mentioned if a kick is placed too early, they won't wake up. This is what I gathered anyways. Also, the Hotel was "spinning" because of the loss of gravity the van caused from a level up. The van was in the air falling off the bridge, so the effect took place a level down to the "van chase" dream.

Kind of like how the rain in the "van chase" dream was caused by Yosef having to pee before the deam took place.

speaking of kicks..

Sideways momentum counts, but in order for a kick like that to work, it must be syncronized with another kick from the other levels. The van crashing and rolling over wasn't in sync with any of the kicks. Also, Arthur mentioned if a kick is placed too early, they won't wake up. This is what I gathered anyways. Also, the Hotel was "spinning" because of the loss of gravity the van caused from a level up. The van was in the air falling off the bridge, so the effect took place a level down to the "van chase" dream.

Kind of like how the rain in the "van chase" dream was caused by Yosef having to pee before the deam took place.

the thing that i want to know is how does jumping off the building in the 4th level/limbo kick them out of that? a kick is supposed to be from the previous level aka the snow fortress level.

i think nolan might have messed up by adding that part to the movie. there really was no need for fischer and ariadne to jump off the building as the collapsing of the snow fortress would act as the kick to wake them up.

the thing that i want to know is how does jumping off the building in the 4th level/limbo kick them out of that? a kick is supposed to be from the previous level aka the snow fortress level.

i think nolan might have messed up by adding that part to the movie. there really was no need for fischer and ariadne to jump off the building as the collapsing of the snow fortress would act as the kick to wake them up.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Fischer needed an additional kick to send him back to the 3rd level (snow fortress), so Ariadne pushed him off. That kick off the building syncronized with the kick from the defibulator when Ariadne pushed him off, sending him back to the 3rd level. under a sedative, it seems you need more than one kick.This needed to be done because if he killed himself instead or if she shot him, he'd skip all levels and would have woken up for real, thus failing the mission.

Ariadne had no way of coming back from limbo without killing herself so she jumped off the building. In her case, it was suicide, not a kick.

Fischer needed an additional kick to send him back to the 3rd level (snow fortress), so Ariadne pushed him off. That kick off the building syncronized with the kick from the defibulator when Ariadne pushed him off, sending him back to the 3rd level. under a sedative, it seems you need more than one kick.This needed to be done because if he killed himself instead or if she shot him, he'd skip all levels and would have woken up for real, thus failing the mission.

Ariadne had no way of coming back from limbo without killing herself so she jumped off the building. In her case, it was suicide, not a kick.

speaking of kicks..

I see you. Forgot about the synced kicks. Something like, because of the sedative they needed two simultaneous kicks, so the van could do donuts for hours and without another kick, it would've been straight.

wwn15d.jpg

speaking of kicks..

I see you. Forgot about the synced kicks. Something like, because of the sedative they needed two simultaneous kicks, so the van could do donuts for hours and without another kick, it would've been straight.

wwn15d.jpg

well for starters, ariadne and cobb didn't technically go into limbo. it just so happens that the 4th dream level is the same as limbo because they are both unconstructed dreamspace (ariadne did not anticipate a 4th level so there was no design for it. that's why they were able to meet mal and fischer there) but they went there under control, as opposed to just dying and ending up in limbo, believing everything to be real.

i get the part about fischer, but i don't think ariadne killed herself. if she did, she would have REALLY died and ended up in the same place only this time, she would think limbo's reality.

Back
Top Bottom