So i transfered to FAMU and uhhh........

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

^ yeah ok bro. You know this because you've been on every campus. Get real man.
I don't need to have been on every college campus to tell you fights are NOT commonplace on most college campuses.

You get real man, simply put that kind of behavior isn't typical, even if it is on your former campus.

It's funny how multiple FAMU heads defend this not by correcting and saying this isn't typical of FAMU but by justifying it and saying it happens elsewhere.

I'm certainly not condoning this kind of behavior.  Nor am I defending/justifying it.  I'm simply stating that fights DO occur in places other than HBCUs (FAMU in particular).  You may have noticed that I made a reference to a fight at FSU.  I also mentioned that this kind of thing paints a bad picture at my Alma Mater.  In fact, I'm a bit disgusted by it.  I just disagree w/ the generalization some are making about HBCUs.  No big deal though, we can agree to disagree.    
I feel you but I haven't really many generalizations about FAMU or HBCUs made in this thread. I actually responded to you and Beast4ya's generalizations that this happens everywhere which I disagree with it.  

I don't need to have been on every college campus to tell you fights are NOT commonplace on most college campuses.

You get real man, simply put that kind of behavior isn't typical, even if it is on your former campus.

It's funny how multiple FAMU heads defend this not by correcting and saying this isn't typical of FAMU but by justifying it and saying it happens elsewhere.

I'm certainly not condoning this kind of behavior.  Nor am I defending/justifying it.  I'm simply stating that fights DO occur in places other than HBCUs (FAMU in particular).  You may have noticed that I made a reference to a fight at FSU.  I also mentioned that this kind of thing paints a bad picture at my Alma Mater.  In fact, I'm a bit disgusted by it.  I just disagree w/ the generalization some are making about HBCUs.  No big deal though, we can agree to disagree.    
I feel you but I haven't really many generalizations about FAMU or HBCUs made in this thread. I actually responded to you and Beast4ya's generalizations that this happens everywhere which I disagree with it.  

Originally Posted by firered18

I Go to The University of Tennessee and I can say that drunk whiteboys and the brothas fight (If there is a fight) for the exact same reasons: people get stupid drunk and start hating or thinking theyre a hardass.  For yall that have not seen a fight on campus y'all must not get it poppin enough or know the spots to eat at when everybody's slapped at 4am
laugh.gif

And for the record, no fights have been interracial.  If that occurs then a news story will be in press before the fights broke up
grin.gif
We don't get it poppin on campus after freshman year. Oh wait you at UT...

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by firered18

I Go to The University of Tennessee and I can say that drunk whiteboys and the brothas fight (If there is a fight) for the exact same reasons: people get stupid drunk and start hating or thinking theyre a hardass.  For yall that have not seen a fight on campus y'all must not get it poppin enough or know the spots to eat at when everybody's slapped at 4am
laugh.gif

And for the record, no fights have been interracial.  If that occurs then a news story will be in press before the fights broke up
grin.gif
We don't get it poppin on campus after freshman year. Oh wait you at UT...

tongue.gif

There's fights at every college that has alcohol and parties.  I think you are trying to say that they don't happen often but you can't deny that fights happen on damn near every campus as long as there's alcohol.

There's fights at every college that has alcohol and parties.  I think you are trying to say that they don't happen often but you can't deny that fights happen on damn near every campus as long as there's alcohol.

There's a difference between  being drunk at a club, and fighting someone because they bumped into you or looked at you wrong, and fighting someone in the cafe that you have a legitimate beef with.  Bar/club fights happen at every college.  These type of fights don't.

There's a difference between  being drunk at a club, and fighting someone because they bumped into you or looked at you wrong, and fighting someone in the cafe that you have a legitimate beef with.  Bar/club fights happen at every college.  These type of fights don't.

...I dont see that type of stuff too much at FSU....going to Florida State #ftw....but...ill annually make an appearance at Set Fridays...lol...

...I dont see that type of stuff too much at FSU....going to Florida State #ftw....but...ill annually make an appearance at Set Fridays...lol...

Everything I have to say has already been said:

Nah son. This isn't at a frat party or something. Of the two colleges I've attended I've never seen a fight on campus. That *%%# is not business as usual on most campuses and ol' girl at the end gives me a reason to believe that at FAMU it quite possibly is.

You're at a place of higher education, leave that hood *%%# where you came from, many of us do just fine.
QFT.

HAM CITY wrote:

That's a trend in this thread I'm seeing, too.

CJ616 wrote:
Exactly.

Everything I have to say has already been said:

Nah son. This isn't at a frat party or something. Of the two colleges I've attended I've never seen a fight on campus. That *%%# is not business as usual on most campuses and ol' girl at the end gives me a reason to believe that at FAMU it quite possibly is.

You're at a place of higher education, leave that hood *%%# where you came from, many of us do just fine.
QFT.

HAM CITY wrote:

That's a trend in this thread I'm seeing, too.

CJ616 wrote:
Exactly.

I saw a black kid and an asian jump another asian kid in one of our University cafeterias. Everybody sort of just stopped and watched as they fought in circles around all the merchandise. The kid got tossed into the sandwich bar and there was lettuce everywhere. It was entertaining.

I saw a black kid and an asian jump another asian kid in one of our University cafeterias. Everybody sort of just stopped and watched as they fought in circles around all the merchandise. The kid got tossed into the sandwich bar and there was lettuce everywhere. It was entertaining.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Fight's happen at most colleges.  
No.  Not really.  

truth...jus because its not posted on these stupid sites (wshh) or watever doesnt mean it doesnt happen
things happen behind closed doors

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Fight's happen at most colleges.  
No.  Not really.  

truth...jus because its not posted on these stupid sites (wshh) or watever doesnt mean it doesnt happen
things happen behind closed doors

Back
Top Bottom