So i transfered to FAMU and uhhh........

Most people I know who went there at some point transferred away..the way they run that university..
30t6p3b.gif

and 
grin.gif
at the "thugs in college" comment...right. I guess we all have our own definitions of what a "thug" is..because most real thugs don't even graduate hs.

dude with the little backpack looks real intimidating. Wouldn't want to mess with him if i saw him down the street with his little backpack...

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

^ yeah ok bro. You know this because you've been on every campus. Get real man.  There is ignorance on every campus and fights occur.  As for your, "there ARE thugs in college comment", I have no comment.  Again, that's one of the biggest contradictions in the world.

how is it a contradiction? there are students who behave in "thuggish" manners aren't there?

^ yeah ok bro. You know this because you've been on every campus. Get real man.
I don't need to have been on every college campus to tell you fights are NOT commonplace on most college campuses.

You get real man, simply put that kind of behavior isn't typical, even if it is on your former campus.

It's funny how multiple FAMU heads defend this not by correcting and saying this isn't typical of FAMU but by justifying it and saying it happens elsewhere.

I don't need to have been on every college campus to tell you fights are NOT commonplace on most college campuses.

You get real man, simply put that kind of behavior isn't typical, even if it is on your former campus.

It's funny how multiple FAMU heads defend this not by correcting and saying this isn't typical of FAMU but by justifying it and saying it happens elsewhere.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

^ yeah ok bro. You know this because you've been on every campus. Get real man.  There is ignorance on every campus and fights occur.  As for your, "there ARE thugs in college comment", I have no comment.  Again, that's one of the biggest contradictions in the world.

how is it a contradiction? there are students who behave in "thuggish" manners aren't there?

It's just my opinion that a 'Thug' doesn't go to college.  Behaving 'thuggish' doesn't make you a thug.  I believe Webster defines a Thug as a violent criminal, I don't think these morons in the video are violent criminals, do you?

I don't know how it is where you go to school but in Cali fighting on campus=say hello to Devry University. Theres a 0 tolerance policy and cause of that people know better. What the @#$% do you fight over on campus anyways 
laugh.gif

and yes there ARE goons in college. I go to UC Santa Barbara (majority rich kids from good neighborhoods) and even here there are some goons...they just happened to go to bull @#$% high schools and got into college automatically since they were in the top 10% of their class (since 60% of their class never showed up to school anyways 
laugh.gif
)

I don't know how it is where you go to school but in Cali fighting on campus=say hello to Devry University. Theres a 0 tolerance policy and cause of that people know better. What the @#$% do you fight over on campus anyways 
laugh.gif

and yes there ARE goons in college. I go to UC Santa Barbara (majority rich kids from good neighborhoods) and even here there are some goons...they just happened to go to bull @#$% high schools and got into college automatically since they were in the top 10% of their class (since 60% of their class never showed up to school anyways 
laugh.gif
)

It's just my opinion that a 'Thug' doesn't go to college.  Behaving 'thuggish' doesn't make you a thug.  I believe Webster defines a Thug as a violent criminal, I don't think these morons in the video are violent criminals, do you?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you shake your head yet share it with the rest of us...

again every fight doesnt need to be posted people

yes it does

musta been a good +@+ burger

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you shake your head yet share it with the rest of us...

again every fight doesnt need to be posted people

yes it does

musta been a good +@+ burger

Never seen a fight on campus. I have seen random scuffles in and outside bars, basketball court, and at parties. Nothing that serious though. They ended very quickly from what I saw. I can't even imagine a scuffle in my university center or any dorm cafeterias or what have you. That would be wild.

I was gonna have a go at FAMU but I'll refrain. You're entitled to your opinions.
laugh.gif

Never seen a fight on campus. I have seen random scuffles in and outside bars, basketball court, and at parties. Nothing that serious though. They ended very quickly from what I saw. I can't even imagine a scuffle in my university center or any dorm cafeterias or what have you. That would be wild.

I was gonna have a go at FAMU but I'll refrain. You're entitled to your opinions.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'm certainly not condoning this kind of behavior.  Nor am I defending/justifying it.  I'm simply stating that fights DO occur in places other than HBCUs (FAMU in particular).  You may have noticed that I made a reference to a fight at FSU.  I also mentioned that this kind of thing paints a bad picture at my Alma Mater.  In fact, I'm a bit disgusted by it.  I just disagree w/ the generalization some are making about HBCUs.  No big deal though, we can agree to disagree.    

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'm certainly not condoning this kind of behavior.  Nor am I defending/justifying it.  I'm simply stating that fights DO occur in places other than HBCUs (FAMU in particular).  You may have noticed that I made a reference to a fight at FSU.  I also mentioned that this kind of thing paints a bad picture at my Alma Mater.  In fact, I'm a bit disgusted by it.  I just disagree w/ the generalization some are making about HBCUs.  No big deal though, we can agree to disagree.    

I Go to The University of Tennessee and I can say that drunk whiteboys and the brothas fight (If there is a fight) for the exact same reasons: people get stupid drunk and start hating or thinking theyre a hardass.  For yall that have not seen a fight on campus y'all must not get it poppin enough or know the spots to eat at when everybody's slapped at 4am
laugh.gif

And for the record, no fights have been interracial.  If that occurs then a news story will be in press before the fights broke up
grin.gif

I Go to The University of Tennessee and I can say that drunk whiteboys and the brothas fight (If there is a fight) for the exact same reasons: people get stupid drunk and start hating or thinking theyre a hardass.  For yall that have not seen a fight on campus y'all must not get it poppin enough or know the spots to eat at when everybody's slapped at 4am
laugh.gif

And for the record, no fights have been interracial.  If that occurs then a news story will be in press before the fights broke up
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom