So I got sold Fake shoes by an NTr and paypal wont let me dispute the item...!!#

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by KL9

rodster831 wrote:

bro thats like an obvious one.

if anything, we want to stop fakes from ever being produced.

im tired of seeing girls wearing spongebob covered XI and gucci III
Where-dey-do-dat-at?
cali

indifferent.gif

that was like circa 01-03. we off that.

but my pops told me at the port they found over a million in glass bongs and fake shoes each.

wow. i see mixednuts sell posts ALL the time. posts a lot of heat for sale too. good thing i'm too poor to fork over 300 for XIs and such...

always heard he was super legit though...

money makes you do crazy things i guess...

Very nice.

This is mixednuts here, using my friend's screenname (thx, Ben), to clarify a couple points. The reason why I'm not using my own account to respond isb/c several haters have made it difficult for me to log in as mixednuts.

Frankly, I'm surprised that so many NTers have chosen to take OP's claims at face value. Do none of my references and countless legit transactionsspeak anything about my honesty and authenticity as a NTer? Also, you would think that if I really wanted to scam a person of their hard-earned money, itwould be using a pair of shoes worth more than some 2001 blk/red AJ11s haha

I don't think its any accident that OP has failed to disclose the following:

-OP purchased the shoes from me back on Sept. 27
-Nearly 2 months later, on Nov. 16, OP notifies me that he is disputing the authenticity of the shoes.
-Paypal notifies me shortly thereafter that they've received OP's claim, and have already internally disposed of it b/c they have found it to beincredulous.
-Even after all of this, I've actively been communicating w/ OP via PM to resolve this matter (something that I've done voluntarily despitePaypal's disposition).
-When OP first notified me that he was disputing the authenticity of the shoes, I promptly asked for pictures. Pictures were never sent my way (why, I willnever know). Only after 1.5 weeks have I had a chance to view them upon stumbling across them here.

Now, this entire situation begs an answer to this question: "Why didn't OP tell me about these issues when he received the shoes? And why has it takenhim nearly 2 months to contact me about this?" When was the last time a sneakerhead (esp. one as experienced as OP) received a pair of new shoes anddidn't take a couple minutes to inspect/admire them? For most sneakerheads, this inspection is a habit.. Heck, non-sneakerheads probably even inspectthings that they buy, esp. ones that cost a good chunk of money. My point is that OP had ample time back in September to dispute any concerns he had w/ theshoes soon after he received them. The fact that he is raising such concerns 2 months after having them in in his sole possession leads me to believe thatsomething's fishy.

By now I've seen the pictures of the fake 11s at issue. Would I really sell blatantly fake 11s on a forum such as NT, a place rampant w/ AJ experts? Admittedly, I'm not a bright man but c'mon.. I'm not a fool. I surely know how to spot fake AJs, and I would never in my right mind post blatantlyfake AJ11s in NT's forums.

Also, please understand that the 11s I sold OP were bought by me personally back in 2001 from a franchised footwear company. Thus, there is no way that thepair I owned and mailed to him was fake. OP has had my shoes in his sole possession for approx. 2 months.. God knows where my 11s have been in that time aswell as where he got the fake 11s in the pictures from. My point is this - just b/c OP has current pictures of a fake pair of blk/red 11s doesn'tequate to me having sold him fake shoes nearly 2 months ago.

Let me be clear, I'm the one being scammed here, not OP. He's asking me to refund him $300 when I've sold him AJ11s that I know to be 100%authentic. If I were to do that, he would have both the $300 as well as my authentic shoes. Clearly, I can't do that.

----------
For what its worth, I've tried to handle this whole matter like a gentleman from the get-go. I've sent several PM's to Cameron Nelson to informhim about what's going on and have offered to share my private message log with NT's staff since it clearly proves many of the things I've alreadystated above. I truly don't believe in airing out dirty laundry on an internet messageboard for yucks, and regret that OP has let things escalate to thislevel =/

Also, OP's story has changed from time to time. If I were to spell out every single inconsistency, I'd have to write an entire opus.

Furthermore, OP has chosen to reveal my personal info here.. not only is that totally not cool, but it really speaks to his character. Most importantlyhowever, such malicious actions give rise to a valid cause of action under any given state's long-arm statutes.

For those of you that have offered your support, thank you =)

The plot thickens. One man claims he was frauded, the other claims he is being frauded...

123l1k1.gif

That's exactly why I don't jump in until I hear both sides anymore. ever notice that everyone jumps in on the OP's side in these threads and thenthe script changes?

I honestly believe the seller. With the stories given, how could you not? He pays $300, gets them in the mail and just throws them in the closet? Seller hasTONS of refs and decides to rip someone off for a pair of 2001 XI's? 2 months?! He sells fakes just out of the blue to someone with 7000 posts onNIKETALK?! Makes no sense.

I had a feeling right when I seen "lol" @ the end of the 1st post paragraph...dude just got took for $300 that was a gift and he is lol'ing?

Hasn't OP made a thread like this before?

Back
Top Bottom