SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Cheap folks bout to flourish bro, what a time to be alive.
They probably will, won't make it wrong though.

Care to answer?:

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap?

Na, because if that happens then the rest of us cover the tip.

How would someone be considered cheap for paying for everyone's meal?
Well a few ppl have continually said non tippers don't tip specifically cuz they're cheap. That it's cheapness at the core of why they don't tip.

Now I've been out with ppl and covered the entire bill in the past and I know I'll do it again in the future. Before that I even made it clear I wouldn't mind it if the cost of the food was raised so that all servers could be properly paid but it's ignored. It's why that cheap label don't really phase me. I aint ever tipping though.

It was only until after a few times I covered the bill my boys realized even then I wasn't tipping that they'd kick in like you brought up :lol:

Nah. Sounds like your cheap and a showoff.

progress :pimp:

Didn't wanna put up a wall of text but eff it. Somes of these are too good not to post.
Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare
In lieu of a traditional tip, guests pay a 20 percent service charge
Huertas
The popular East Village Spanish spot nixed tips as of December 14, when food prices were upped 25 to 27 percent, and beverages around 15 to 17 percent.

Insa
The owners of this brand-new Korean barbecue spot in Brooklyn never bothered with tipping, electing to go the way of a 20 percent administration fee right out of the gate.

I Trulli
After two decades of accepting tips, the owner pounced on the no-tipping bandwagon in November 2015, and added an administrative fee to checks

Roman's
Andrew Tarlow's Fort Green trattoria made the transition on January 18, 2016, when prices were raised by about 20 percent.

We're entering a whole new frontier, gentlemen. One where cheap dudes don't have the option of not tipping. They'll have to pay it plus more anyway. Let's see if this catches on.

Last edited:
Ah, I see.

Idk, I definitely think that some people who don't tip are cheap but that doesn't mean they all are.

Everyone will have their own reasoning for doing/not doing it.

But yea, if I'm out to eat w/ you and you tell me you got the bill, then I wouldn't expect you to put a single cent on the tip.

That's on me and the rest of the people that you just treated to a meal.

An America where everyone receives equal service and there's no tampering with food due to unfulfilled feelings of entitlement. Dare I dream?

They probably will, won't make it wrong though.

Care to answer?:

I answered that when it was first brought up
I see it now. Well I'll just ignore you in earnest the next time you call me cheap :lol:

We about to be paying a 35% tip equivalent right off the bat and these poor servers are still gonna be struggling to make ends meet :lol: progress alright...
If this is the case then the real problem is corrupt businesses.

Seems to me you were somehow okay with previous affordable food, server working for below min wage, and tipping but now it's pricey food, no tip, and still server working for below min wage it's bad. The first situation was still ****** up.

Guess customers like you would have to boycott with the servers so that they could get a union or at least paid appropriately.

To me if that's how it is that establishment is corrupt and doesn't value it's employees.

Dopest one I've seen so far...
Café China
The midtown Sichuanese spot is New York's first big-deal traditional Chinese restaurant to defect to team no-tipping. Prices went up 10 to 15 percent, and servers now receive $15 an hour plus commission based on dine-in sales, while kitchen workers receive bonuses based on dine-in, delivery, and takeout sales

Nah. Sounds like your cheap and a showoff.
So paying a triple digit bill but not tipping the server is cheap?

How am I a showoff? Cuz I paid the whole bill? The whole crew does that. We know we got each other and that we're good for it since back when it was quarter waters and chips.

An America where everyone receives equal service and there's no tampering with food due to unfulfilled feelings of entitlement. Dare I dream?
It may be too soon.

Lets hold back that feeling of joy for now.

But wait.....

Café China
The midtown Sichuanese spot is New York's first big-deal traditional Chinese restaurant to defect to team no-tipping. Prices went up 10 to 15 percent, and servers now receive $15 an hour plus commission based on dine-in sales, while kitchen workers receive bonuses based on dine-in, delivery, and takeout sales
View media item 1971183

View media item 1981876

Last edited:
So paying a triple digit bill but not tipping the server is cheap?

How am I a showoff? Cuz I paid the whole bill? The whole crew does that. We know we got each other and that we're good for it since back when it was quarter waters and chips.
It may be too soon.

When someone else foots the bill. Do you tip?

We about to be paying a 35% tip equivalent right off the bat and these poor servers are still gonna be struggling to make ends meet
laugh.gif
progress alright...
calls people cheap for not caring about the servers

complains about restaurant that increases prices by 35% to pay servers more money 

laugh.gif

Café China

Yea, this seems beneficial to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I see it now. Well I'll just ignore you in earnest the next time you call me cheap :lol:
If this is the case then the real problem is corrupt businesses.

Seems to me you were somehow okay with previous affordable food, server working for below min wage, and tipping but now it's pricey food, no tip, and still server working for below min wage it's bad. The first situation was still ****** up.

Guess customers like you would have to boycott with the servers so that they could get a union or at least paid appropriately.

To me if that's how it is that establishment is corrupt and doesn't value it's employees.

You somehow think 15$ an hour is somewhat considered a live able wage in NY, specially for someone with kids....I make 35$ an hour and I live good because I'm in a one bedroom apt and no kids yet :lol: bortomline they will still struggle and now our 15$ chicken salad is 25$ and our 8$ beer is 12$ :lol:

Ain't nobody got time to protest fam, we gonna just have to use more lube when we eat out or stay our *** home and cook.

exactly.

WIN/WIN.

the $%$^ I been pointing out from the %$$^ing beginning but people stuck on stupid sometimes and wanna argue for the sake of arguing...

CORRECTION
not people, mostly ksteezy ksteezy and everyone else playing the "cheap" card.

Last edited:

exactly.

WIN/WIN.

the $%$^ I been pointing out from the %$$^ing beginning but people stuck on stupid sometimes and wanna argue for the sake of arguing...

CORRECTION
not people, mostly @ksteezy and everyone else playing the "cheap" card.
dudes dont want this to happen because they wont have reasons to judge people anymore 

exactly.

WIN/WIN.

Not for the sake. It's been mentioned a bunch of times how the price of plates will increase if tipping stops... sure enough. It seems to add up to more than what a lot of non tippers could ever dream of tipping. I'm sure if this catches on. A lot more dudes are gonna stick to appetizers only.

Not for the sake. It's been mentioned a bunch of times how the price of plates will increase if tipping stops... sure enough. It seems to add up to more than what a lot of non tippers could ever dream of tipping. I'm sure if this catches on. A lot more dudes are gonna stick to appetizers only.

Those are cheap people, yes. ONLY THEN can you use, "if you dont like the prices then dont eat out" card.

Money is/never was the reasoning for not tipping (for the MOST people, if not all, in this thread.)

65 pages in. I think we made progress and have come to some sort of agreement then. :smokin

I really hope this catches on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom