SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Are you talking about chain hotels/motels like HolidayInn and such? Because most resorts and hotels I've stood in give you a welcome package with a map, concierge info, your keys, gratuity envelop, towel card, etc.
I consider resorts and hotels two different things.

Welcome packages come with resorts, yes.

I was talking about regular hotels. Yes, chain hotels

Are you talking about chain hotels/motels like HolidayInn and such? Because most resorts and hotels I've stood in give you a welcome package with a map, concierge info, your keys, gratuity envelop, towel card, etc.
I consider resorts and hotels two different things.

Welcome packages come with resorts, yes.

I was talking about regular hotels. Yes, chain hotels

I know marriotts have them in the rooms, not sure about other brands

But these kind of people deserve tips ?... Thats literally extortion "give me a hand out or I'll do something bad to your food "... W H A T ???

If you abide by something that's actually the norm in America instead of trying to flex your right to withhold a couple of dollars from a server that relies on said tips, you shouldn't be upset when you are treated like scum....the server is not gonna feel like his employer screwed him, he's gonna hold you 100% accountable....you do some petty **** expect some petty **** in return....prime example the OP in this thread....did he deserve to get banned?...perhaps not, but he decided to be petty and ya can tell me it doesn't affect you all you want, but bein called out for not tipping publically and being expelled or banned from an establishment because you don't tip is embarrassing as hell, specially in front of your family or friends :lol:

Difference is one is at worst frowned upon socially while food tampering is an actual crime, but do you.

So knowing that the tipping system creates this stereotype that a certain group of persons are known to not tip and are discriminated agaisnt according while servers are being paid unfair wages is ok. But eliminating the tipping system, which in turn eliminates the stigma, creates better wages and better working environments, while having a slight increase in prices is not ok?

Gotcha. And non-tippers are cheap? :lol:

Last edited:
Why can't anyone just get rid of a stigma by proving it wrong?

I'm here to make impressions for MYSELF, b.
I don't need "the system" to change so an impression can be made OF me.

And tipping for the sake of tipping has never been the American custom, look up the history.

absolutely, you have every right not to tip. But at the same point you open yourself up to get judged by those around you. that's just the way it is. if you're cool with it, then continue to do you.

I've just tried to warn y'all, I know a lot of people that work in F&B and they are some of the most vengeful bastards I've ever met :lol: Not saying it's justified, just the way it is.
But these kind of people deserve tips ?... Thats literally extortion "give me a hand out or I'll do something bad to your food "... W H A T ???

Shook ones.

Why can't anyone just get rid of a stigma by proving it wrong?

I'm here to make impressions for MYSELF, b.
I don't need "the system" to change so an impression can be made OF me.

C'mon fam, think this one out.

I tip because I understand that this is the way employees make their living.
If I personally can't afford to tip then I go somewhere that doesn't do tips.

I also personally believe you are scum of you are in a tipping environment and you aren't.

I also personally believe you are scum of you are in a tipping environment and you aren't.

people keep saying this, but you do know, by law, employers are required to pay the minimum wage if tips + wage dont average over it. so they will get there money reguardless.

Like fam how you look another person in the face after you are out socially and is time to split bill and tip and tell these people "F ya, I ain't putting anything towards the tip" you guys have seriously pulled this stunt?..a non-tipper PLEASE answer me that.

I get it, b.

It's kinda wack this is turning into a race thing too.
I always been about fun while expressing my stand on the issue, don't take that away from me.

I'm not looking at it from a racial point of view.
I might just practice what I preach more than you non tippers do.

I see you cats in them political threads too.

"Should've got a better job, formed a union or something"

Sounds like something Trump would say.

Last edited:
i think it's one thing to intentionally not tip and not tipping because the service is bad. the whole they should get paid higher can be countered with if you dont plan to tip then go somewhere where it is expected for normal-above normal service.

people keep saying this, but you do know, by law, employers are required to pay the minimum wage if tips + wage dont average over it. so they will get there money reguardless.

And I understand that minimum wage isn't jack either. If the waiter is doing his job well then imma look out. If not, I'll leave a poor tip.

I understand it's this whole political issue or whatever but I know my guy is just there trying to get his paper and not about that protest life.

I get it, b.

It's kinda wack this is turning into a race thing too.
I always been about fun while expressing my stand on the issue, don't take that away from me.

I'm not looking at it from a racial point of view.
I might just practice what I preach more than you non tippers do.

I see you cats in them political threads too.

"Should've got a better job, formed a union or something"

Sounds like something Trump would say.

Putting the racial issues aside its STILL a win/win eliminating the tipping system. How can you refute this?

Like fam how you look another person in the face after you are out socially and is time to split bill and tip and tell these people "F ya, I ain't putting anything towards the tip" you guys have seriously pulled this stunt?..a non-tipper PLEASE answer me that.
if you split the bill then everyone pays or doesnt pay their own tip... there's no tip pool when everyone pays by card 

also the they should find a better job can be countered with move to a place where tips aren't required. it is quite narrow minded to see that there is a simple solution to this issue

if you split the bill then everyone pays or doesnt pay their own tip... there's no tip pool when everyone pays by card 
Exactly. Pay 15-20% for what you ate and I'll pay 0% for what I ate and everybody leaves happy.

Back
Top Bottom