SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I read that you do tip when you first posted...so I'm speaking in general....remove the idea of tipping and have the waiters get paid 12$ instead of 8$ an hour, you think this is somehow will make up for what they could have made off tips?...money they get in cash instantly none-taxed? It won't....the idea of tipping incentivizes waiters and waitresses to over-perform, not all but most "kiss your ****" because of the idea of a potential tip, take that away and up their pay which at the end of the day it'll just be a paycut and watch the price of your plate go up and your service be worst.

All over what? 5-10$ extra on your dining experience, do you dudes not see how petty that *** is?

I read that you do tip when you first posted...so I'm speaking in general....remove the idea of tipping and have the waiters get paid 12$ instead of 8$ an hour, you think this is somehow will make up for what they could have made off tips?...money they get in cash instantly none-taxed? It won't....the idea of tipping incentivizes waiters and waitresses to over-perform, not all but most "kiss your ****" because of the idea of a potential tip, take that away and up their pay which at the end of the day it'll just be a paycut and watch the price of your plate go up and your service be worst.

All over what? 5-10$ extra on your dining experience, do you dudes not see how petty that *** is?

If your employer doesn't have a process for reporting tip income, you can use Form 4070. If you fail to report your tips to your employer, the IRS can impose a penalty equal to 50 percent of the Social Security and Medicare tax you fail to pay.

Tips are taxed, b.. are you srs?

Last edited:
How exactly would the IRS or your employer keep tabs on how many dollars are left on a table? :lol: at you really thinking waiters/waitresses reporting their tips to the IRS, best believe cash tips are not reported, debit tips yeah, cash tips....NEGATIVE.

Last edited:
Reporting Tip Income - Restaurant Tax Tips
Tips your employees receive from customers are generally subject to withholding. Employees are required to claim all tip income received. This includes tips you paid over to the employee for charge customers and tips the employee received directly from customers.

Employer Requirements
Employers must collect income tax, employee social security tax and employee Medicare tax on tips reported by employees. You can collect these taxes from an employee's wages or from other funds he or she makes available.

You had enough yet?

Last edited:
How exactly would the IRS or your employer keep tabs on how many dollars are left on a table? :lol: at you really thinking waiters/waitresses reporting their tips to the IRS, best believe cash tips are not reported, debit tips yeah, cash tips....NEGATIVE.

The rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

So now you're assuming that the employees who receive tips don't report the cash tips? Riiiight. They're lying to their manager and saying "during my 8 hour shift, I only received $15 in tips.." since most people tip cash and only a small amount tip debit. Their manager wouldn't look at them and go "and cash?"

You must not live in the real world....go on thinking that if I leave a 10$ bill on the table for a waiter he's gonna tally it up in his notepad so that he can report it to the IRS....

You must not live in the real world....go on thinking that if I leave a 10$ bill on the table for a waiter he's gonna tally it up in his notepad so that he can report it to the IRS....

:lol: @ you thinking these managers want to accept their employees saying they barely made any tips that day (only debit, assuming you're correct) and telling them they got no cash tips.

You give me another reason to dislike this tipping topic, because why do they not have to get taxed on my tip I give them, but I get taxed when earning the money for that tip?

The rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

So now you're assuming that the employees who receive tips don't report the cash tips? Riiiight. They're lying to their manager and saying "during my 8 hour shift, I only received $15 in tips.." since most people tip cash and only a small amount tip debit. Their manager wouldn't look at them and go "and cash?"

Assumptions assumptions....you are assuming they do, I'm assuming they don't....

A lot of people tip debit since nowadays most people don't even carry cash, very EASY for waiters to stash away any cash toppings they receive....you really gonna act as if a restaurant manager is gonna be concern with tallying up every single cash dollar all his employees receive in a day for IRS purposes....cmon bro...you can't be this naive.

Ehh I guess the only thing I don't agree with in this thread is assuming that just because someone doesn't tip, it means they're cheap. They're going out to eat at a restaurant bruh, if they have the money to pay for their food and drink and get whatever they want, doesn't that mean they aren't cheap? Cheap would be choosing a fast food place over a restaurant because of the base prices of the food.

The choice to tip or not should be a free choice. Neither frowned upon to tip or not tip. Smile when tipped, move on with your day without a tip if you don't get one. Bottom line is, tipping is a courtesy in most places, like opening a door for a woman you don't know. But I've seen countless dudes who don't even do that.. and that's free.

I also don't agree with "expecting a tip" at all. That's like expecting someone to open a door for you.. nothing of courtesy should be "expected".

Is not an assumption, you go out to eat and spend 100$ for your family to dine while someone serves them and want to hold on to deer life to those extra 15$ that a tip would be, your *** IS CHEAP.....plain and simple.

Take your family to the nearest fast food joint next time and serve yourself, fill your own soda, clean up after your own mess and not a single person will expect any for of tip.
It's not holding on to dear life of $15. It's choosing not to give away that money because I do not believe the server is owed it.

Cheap is trying to save every cent possible. You're not necessarily cheap if you don't tip.

Min wage just got raised anyway lets see if we'll still be hearing about these poor servers who choose to do these jobs needing the tips (ignoring that so many brag about how much more money they get from tips which they don't include in their income).

Last edited:
:lol: @ you thinking these managers want to accept their employees saying they barely made any tips that day (only debit, assuming you're correct) and telling them they got no cash tips.

You give me another reason to dislike this tipping topic, because why do they not have to get taxed on my tip I give them, but I get taxed when earning the money for that tip?

Lmaooooooooo you want them to get taxed on a 5$ bill

You dudes will go to lengths to justify your ideals towards a tip system.

It's not holding on to dear life of $15. It's choosing not to give away that money because I do not believe the server is owed it.

Cheap is trying to save every cent possible. You're not necessarily cheap if you don't tip.

Min wage just got raised anyway lets see if we'll still be hearing about these poor servers who choose to do these jobs needing the tips (ignoring that so many brag about how much more money they get from tips which they don't include in their income).

You are trying to save every cent possible, because the only thing that is sort of optional on your bill, since everything else you have no choice but to pay, you decide the extra few cents which is implied you rather keep for yourself = CHEAP.

Lmaooooooooo you want them to get taxed on a 5$ bill

You dudes will go to lengths to justify your ideals towards a tip system.

Again bud, I'm for equality.

If I get taxed on a $5 bill earned through my job, why do they get a pass? :lol:

Give me a solid, valid reason they don't need to get taxed on their tip money. I hope it applies to me too regarding my income. Because most of their income in general is generated from tips.

No more tipping for me. I'm not partaking in tax evasion [emoji]128514[/emoji]. They tax every penny I make, don't be slick. Not srs.

If I get taxed on a $5 bill earned through my job, why do they get a pass? :lol:

Give me a solid, valid reason they don't need to get taxed on their tip money. I hope it applies to me too regarding my income. Because most of their income in general is generated from tips.

You have no choice but to get taxed on your 5$ because is done before you even receive it, I'm sure if you are given the choice you wouldn't get taxed on anything, judging of how you feel about tipping, any dollar that is left up to your discretion to give away, you are not giving it....so if you don't optionally want to tip, you gonna sit here and tell me given the option, YOU would pay taxes on cash money?

Go ahead and lie.

If you can't tip don't eat out PERIOD.

Yes, this is fact. If you can't afford to tip, you have no business eating out in a restaurant.

The topic at hand is CHOOSING not to tip, even though you have the money. Whether it's because you don't think they deserve it, or you don't believe it is a necessity to tip.

You have no choice but to get taxed on your 5$ because is done before you even receive it, I'm sure if you are given the choice you wouldn't get taxed on anything, judging of how you feel about tipping, any dollar that is left up to your discretion to give away, you are not giving it....so if you don't optionally want to tip, you gonna sit here and tell me given the option, YOU would pay taxes on cash money?

Go ahead and lie.

You're avoiding the question.

I asked for one solid, valid reason to why they shouldn't get taxed on their tip money. One that applies to me as well, because we both are dealing with income here. "Well.. wouldn't you lie too?" isn't a valid response, Steezy. I'm sorry, please try again.

I asked for one solid, valid reason to why they shouldn't get taxed on their tip money. One that applies to me as well, because we both are dealing with income here. "Well.. wouldn't you lie too?" isn't a valid response, Steezy. I'm sorry, please try again.

because they don't have to? And the IRS has no way of tracing it Why should the government get ANY of my hard earned money if I had the choice to withhold it?

:nerd:

Indeed the rabbit hole does get deeper, a person that justifies non-tippers passing judgement on why waiters don't split their tip with the government

EL OH EL

Fam, generally speaking managers do not review how much the waiters/waitresses make... Before you referenced it I low key never heard of it and I've worked a couple odd job service industry jobs on the side and didn't report a dime of that cash to the IRS.

Which, like you alluded to, gives me less reason to trip on your oddball's like nawthy who say F the system I'm going to do me and tip irregularlly, if at all.

because they don't have to? And the IRS has no way of tracing it Why should the government get ANY of my hard earned money if I had the choice to withhold it?

:nerd:

Indeed the rabbit hole does get deeper, a person that justifies non-tippers passing judgement on why waiters don't split their tip with the government

EL OH EL

:lol: I'm not justifying non-tippers, b. I'm trying to get you to understand that it's a flawed system and a lot of people get hurt / mad / upset over not getting tipped when all it is a courtesy that most of the population contributes to.

Does this make it a requirement? No. Does this automatically make you cheap if you choose not to leave a tip? No. Does the point get across much better if you leave a $1 tip rather than no tip at all? F*** no. :rofl:

The services they provide
At least in Cali
Are compensated by the employer as well
So what's ur point???

They get paid the same as a McDonald's employee since you want to compare, except a McD employee just stands behind a register and does a job a computer can do and will do in the future while you do the rest of the work....the work you expect another person to do for you at a restaurant.

Don't wanna tip bro, take your fan out to Subways, Chipotle, McDonalds, BK, TacoBell, I mean there are plenty of options that fit you very well....you don't need to step into a sit down restaurant and excersise your cheapness....when there are so many fast food joints, where a tip isn't expected.
Yeah they get paid the same as a McDonald's employee
But like I said
In SF minimum wage is $13 so what's ur point
U want more money get a better job
Stop depending on people's tips

Back
Top Bottom