SO, $700 APPEARED IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT..... WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Do tellers get in trouble for that kind of mistake???

Not for a single offense, or sporadic offenses. Mistakes happen, and they're easily correctable. I they do it consistently, they're probably messing up in other areas as well, and aren't long for the banking business anyway.

Please I gave a dude a couple extra hunnit. They chew me out but aint write up ****. I used to mess up all the time cus I partied late and was half dead at work.
I remember this broad tried to get me to cash a voided check. Im like, "Ms. You see right here where im pointing where it says 'this is not a check?' It means this is not a check.... tried to catch me slippin lol. I wasnt the best but I wasnt dumb. Screwed up alot tho and always expected firing but they never did. Hell, I resigned for school and they beeegggged me to stay. :lol:

Please I gave a dude a couple extra hunnit. They chew me out but aint write up ****. I used to mess up all the time cus I partied late and was half dead at work.
I remember this broad tried to get me to cash a voided check. Im like, "Ms. You see right here where im pointing where it says 'this is not a check?' It means this is not a check.... tried to catch me slippin lol. I wasnt the best but I wasnt dumb. Screwed up alot tho and always expected firing but they never did. Hell, I resigned for school and they beeegggged me to stay.
laugh.gif
I was a teller supervisor. I would have written you up for a couple hunnit. 
laugh.gif

Go to Vegas and bet it all on black, take the fam to Disneyland, buy a roomfull of Ramen Noodles, give it to a homeless person, exchange it all for one's and go to the strip club, lose it all in a local dice game, bet on a cock fighting match, buy 700 items from the dollar tree, etc etc. You have plenty of option with $700 free moniez.

Last edited:
Having worked for B of A before I've seen something like this happen to a customer. Numbers were transposed and money was being partially direct deposited to another customer he didn't know. Interestingly enough, because the direct deposit was setup by the original customer using the information he gave his employer the transaction was not considered a bank error and Customer A was out thousands of dollars. So, go to the bank and ask how the money was deposited to the account. If a teller made the deposit then don't spend the money. If it came through via direct deposit or wire transfer the money is pretty much yours because the bank didn't cause those errors.

**** it
I'm a spend it
I'll update if/when they find the error

Cop some yeezys, flip them. They going for like 700+ on eBay and ****. If they take back the money, just make sure they take the money you finessed the yeezys for.

/thread

Last edited:
I don't understand why you HAVE to spend it? Just save it, at least let it sit there for 30 days like the police would a lost & found item(think they do that lol I see it on TV), then account for it if you have it still

Why wod you create this thread and leave a "paper trail."

You keep stuff like this to yourself

I had a $150,000 show up in my savings account once for a lil over a week. I didn't notice it until months later, because it was a savings account at a credit union that I don't really look at. Since it effected my Average daily balance so much I ended up getting a few dollars in dividends that month as apposed to the measly cents I usually get.

Anyways, just let the money sit there until they take it back, because if your going to keep that account open, even if you withdraw the cash, once they notice the mistake they will correct it, even if it brings your balance to negative.

Give it to me, I can turn $700 into $7000 I know a guy who works at the bank and will add another zero.

I had a similar situation but the money came from an unknown deposit.
Talked to a few people and found out it was my dad and he mistakenly deposited his check into my account because he had slips for me when I was in college. Glad I didn't spending it all willy nilly because it would have ended bad.

They will figure it out and if the money is gone I think it is considered theft. I remember reading a story a while back about some idiot that had a bunch of cash accidentally deposited in his account and spent it all by the time the bank figured it out and he was arrested for it. It's not your money, do the right thing and let the bank know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom