the impact of violence, weapons, gang activity, substance abuse, and

other negative influences. Students are subject to corrective measures at

school, up to and including expulsion, for offenses which occur in the

community or at other locations off school grounds if those offenses

result in disruption to the operation of the school, the educational

process, or impact the rights, safety, or welfare of students, staff, or

school property. Under Virginia law, a student may be suspended or

expelled if found guilty in court of manufacture, sale, gift, distribution,

or possession of drugs even if the offense is not connected with school.

Furthermore, Virginia law provides that a student may be reassigned or

placed in an alternative educational program (alternative school, night

school, homebased, etc.) upon notice that the student has been

charged with certain criminal offenses, including offenses relating to

weapons, alcohol/drugs, intentional injury to another person, or

convicted or found not innocent of certain criminal offenses, as set

forth in Regulation 681-1, Alternative Education Programs. Conviction

or adjudication of certain criminal charges may result in reassignment,

long-term suspension, or expulsion. Students may also be reassigned or

placed in an alternative educational program when they have

committed a serious offense or repeated offenses in violation of school

board policies, or suspended or expelled.

this is from Prince William County in VA...i'm sure OPs school has something similar...

how vague.
I'd get a lawyer if I was OP.

happened in my school, two girls were mad at one girl...exposed pics of this girl drinking and everyone at those parties got fd

Sucks being held responsible for your actions, eh?

Enough with the word "snitch"...seriously...

If you don't want to get in trouble, don't do things that could get you in trouble...you're a senior in high school and you haven't learnedthat yet?

JM

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Offenses Off School Grounds - Actions outside of school which

have a negative impact on the school building, programs, students, or

staff will not be tolerated. The School Board and staff of Prince William

County Public Schools are committed to maintaining the schools as

safe and healthful places in which to learn, places which are free from

the impact of violence, weapons, gang activity, substance abuse, and

other negative influences. Students are subject to corrective measures at

school, up to and including expulsion, for offenses which occur in the

community or at other locations off school grounds if those offenses

result in disruption to the operation of the school, the educational

process, or impact the rights, safety, or welfare of students, staff, or

school property. Under Virginia law, a student may be suspended or

expelled if found guilty in court of manufacture, sale, gift, distribution,

or possession of drugs even if the offense is not connected with school.

Furthermore, Virginia law provides that a student may be reassigned or

placed in an alternative educational program (alternative school, night

school, homebased, etc.) upon notice that the student has been

charged with certain criminal offenses, including offenses relating to

weapons, alcohol/drugs, intentional injury to another person, or

convicted or found not innocent of certain criminal offenses, as set

forth in Regulation 681-1, Alternative Education Programs. Conviction

or adjudication of certain criminal charges may result in reassignment,

long-term suspension, or expulsion. Students may also be reassigned or

placed in an alternative educational program when they have

committed a serious offense or repeated offenses in violation of school

board policies, or suspended or expelled.

this is from Prince William County in VA...i'm sure OPs school has something similar...
how vague.
I'd get a lawyer if I was OP.

yea VA rules ftl, i had to sign all those damn code of conducts
laugh.gif
I remember a couple of kids met up outside of school to fight and they came to school monday, as soon as they sat down in class they got called to theoffice and BAM! suspended
roll.gif

Im going to go appeal it this week to the school board.

I guess they dont have any pictures of me drinking. But numerous kids they talked to that were caught i guess said that i was drinking.
So the principle knows i was at the Party, but no proof of a picture of me drinking.

Me getting caught drinking, and being in the presence of drinking have are a big big difference in penalty.

If it gets passed, im out 3 games for football and can play all of basketball.
If not im done for football and suspended a few games for basketball.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

If you don't want to get in trouble, don't do things that could get you in trouble...you're a senior in high school and you haven't learned that yet?

JM

This guy.
laugh.gif

Being responsible for what actions? Being a teenager?

I think some ppl really dont understand how the whole High school to College transition works. For those who dont know, its them time alot of ppl start todrink, but i thought that was already obvious.

Lets be realistic unless im gonna go pro in sports i dont care, im in high school having fun and looking to have more in college.
Everywhere you go theres drinking, thats just how it is.
Am i gonna stay home all night and play video games alone? No, id rather be out with my friends.

The point of this thread was to show how $+$++% it all is with the amount of investigating and blackmailing being done by the administration.

JM is right though. If youre not willing to have to serve a punishment if you get caught, dont do something punishable.

I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont fight. You know why? Cuz im not trying to %%%* up my chances at getting into the best schools and get the best jobs. I guessyoure priorities are different. Look at the big picture.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I told the principal that kid better hope to goddd his name doesnt get out cause with the amount of people who got screwed over, its not going to be good for that person.
1)find the principals car
2)vandalize it
3)????
4)profit

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

JM is right though. If youre not willing to have to serve a punishment if you get caught, dont do something punishable.

I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont fight. You know why? Cuz im not trying to %%%* up my chances at getting into the best schools and get the best jobs. I guess youre priorities are different. Look at the big picture.
I just came back from Madison visiting one of my good friends who ive known for 12 years.
Hes blazes daily and got a DUI, before Madison. He already has a drinking ticket being in Madison.
Hes going to Madison on an academic scholarship.

Half the people i met there are the same way if not worse.

I think you have to do something alott worse for them not to let u in college if ur grades are straight.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

If you don't want to get in trouble, don't do things that could get you in trouble...you're a senior in high school and you haven't learned that yet?

JM

are you like, 50?

I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont fight. You know why? Cuz im not trying to %%%* up my chances at getting into the best schools and get the best jobs. I guess youre priorities are different. Look at the big picture.
Biggest load of $!%$ ever. You can do these things and get jobs and get into schools. Make sure your grades and connect game is proper and nothingis stopping you.

Everyone on NT is a Mother Teresa now.
eyes.gif

You buggin.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Biggest load of $!%$ ever. You can do these things and get jobs and get into schools. Make sure your grades and connect game is proper and nothing is stopping you.

eyes.gif

You know how many snakes there are in the grass these days especially if people see something that they want and can catch you slippin? The OP is justexperiencing it on a lower level and it's a big deal for some of his teammates. Like that kid that may miss out on a scholarship and who may not have theconnect game you speak of. Even still that connect game won't help you if a picture is out there of you drinking and cheefing it up. Your grades won'thelp you if the wrong person sees a tagged picture on facebook before you can untag it. Yeah you can still have fun BUT if your anybody of status and being anathlete means that you are to a degree it's best to keep the "fun" $** within the fam or better yet do that stuff on vacation. Lock it up. Youaren't safe because of that status but you are on display all the time. Some things you can get away with...some things you can't.

When I was in HS and college I NEVER let anyone take a picture of me drinking or blazing. Not even with a Solo cup in my hand. Friend used to
think I was crazy for it but I could care less.

LEAVE NO INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE, EVER.

Granted, those were the days before myspace, facebook and twitter, but I would never let it happen.

You never know how and when pictures like that will pop up and who will see them. I was also a D1 athlete and it would have been a wrap if they got to thewrong people.

Biggest load of $!%$ ever. You can do these things and get jobs and get into schools. Make sure your grades and connect game is proper and nothing is stopping you.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

*sniff* *sniff*...Y'all smell that? I do.

Spoiler [+]
260brjm.jpg

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

eyes.gif

You know how many snakes there are in the grass these days especially if people see something that they want and can catch you slippin? The OP is just experiencing it on a lower level and it's a big deal for some of his teammates. Like that kid that may miss out on a scholarship and who may not have the connect game you speak of. Even still that connect game won't help you if a picture is out there of you drinking and cheefing it up. Your grades won't help you if the wrong person sees a tagged picture on facebook before you can untag it. Yeah you can still have fun BUT if your anybody of status and being an athlete means that you are to a degree it's best to keep the "fun" $** within the fam or better yet do that stuff on vacation. Lock it up. You aren't safe because of that status but you are on display all the time. Some things you can get away with...some things you can't.
Fam, I understand the point he is trying to make but he is making it seem as if you ever do these things you will never get into that good schoolor land a great job. The only person that is stopping you, is you. You see someone with a camera in your direction, politely ask them not to take any picturesof you. I've done it numerous times or if they do and you somehow get tagged, untag those pictures. My dude just finished doing that because some girlstook pictures of him getting a lap dance at some party. Its easy to avoid falling into the trap. People just don't take the necessary steps to avoid thepitfalls.

Back
Top Bottom