SMH...LOCK/DELETE

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Thunder need a 5 imo.
Working on it.... 
wink.gif

Evan Turner is officially available

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't understand it.

OKC GM, can you speak on your thinking behind the trade?

Ya, and the Kings GM. SMH at trading the 5 straight up for Big Washed Up Al
smh.gif

Waiting on JB23

I know who I want but I know who he wants.

We will come to a compromise most likely

give me two secs

SMH.

This guy could've had more flexibility taking on Zach's contract (that ends after next season) for Brand. I would've added a few young pieces if he wanted.

Oh well.
laugh.gif

Sacramento receives: Al Jefferson
Minnesota receives: #5, Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia

I will hand in my fan card if that ever happened in real life

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

SMH.

This guy could've had more flexibility taking on Zach's contract (that ends after next season) for Brand. I would've added a few young pieces if he wanted.

Oh well.
laugh.gif
the 76ers now have the following expiring contracts for next season:
Dalembert ($12,200,000.00)
Collison    ($6,750,000.00)
Kapono    ($6,641,440.00)
Green       ($3,976,000.00)

for a grand total of: $29,567,440.00 for the 2011 summer

PLUS we get: harden, maynor and the 21st pick

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU WOULD HAVE BEAT THAT TRADE
(remember the trade was brand and 2 FOR harden, maynor, collison, weaver and 21)

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't understand it.

OKC GM, can you speak on your thinking behind the trade?

"First we would like to welcome Evan Turner to the Thunder. We feel that his size, handle and all-around game can fulfill a great need for our team. We are confident that he can play the 2 from the very first game and can run the point when needed. We also felt that although Eric Maynor, Nick Collison and Kyle Weaver are great role players but Elton Brand can come off the bench and can rebound and hit wide-open 15-18 footers. If he can't come in shape to play for a playoff contender then we have no problem buying his contract out in a year or two. As an organization we are showing that we are serious in our plans to pay our talent to keep our talent.  We also feel that still having the #26 and #32 picks we can fill the spots with young talent that can help in the future. Be sure to buy your season tickets, its going to be an exciting year." 

You killed your cap flexibility and Harden does all those things pretty well himself (plus can hit threes).

Not a fan of the trade for OKC.

Imo, you could have gotten a lot more from me, itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Derek916

Sacramento receives: Al Jefferson
Minnesota receives: #5, Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia

I will hand in my fan card if that ever happened in real life

Ditto. What in the world was the Kings GM thinking
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Imo, you could have gotten a lot more from me, itsaboutthattime

you wouldn't have taken brand's contract PLUS given me the player(s)(some of the guys you wouldn't want to trade.. and i don't blame you) i wanted AND a pick, without receiving more in return than just the #2 pick (PLUS it wouldn't work in any of the trade machines)

now if my young guys (jrue 19, harden 20, thad 21and speights 22) play well next year, i have a chance at going after carmelo with all the cap space i now have 

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

You killed your cap flexibility and Harden does all those things pretty well himself (plus can hit threes).

Not a fan of the trade for OKC.

Cap flexibility is overrated in small markets... Cap room is for cities in which can attract big names...
I'm sorry but no BIG NAME is coming to live in OKLAHOMA CITY 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 sorry DatzNasty

Zach is a $16 mil expiring. What you get from Collison and Green is about $9 mil, plus Zach would've gave you a very productive season.

You could've actually had an extra $7 mil for next off-season and another lottery pick in #12 instead of #21. If you were looking for a few more pieces, we could've worked something out.

I even offered you OJ Mayo / #12 for Thad / #2 pick / Louis Williams and you didn't even want that. I definitely wasn't taking Brand back if I was getting rid of OJ.

brand and 2 FOR harden, maynor, collison, weaver and 21

or

brand and 2 FOR  randolph (+16 off the books), jaric (+7 off the books if you wanted), sam young, darrell arthur and #12. you probably would have to add another piece, but its done now.

OKC didn't really need to go after Turner, but I'm sure he's going to try and flip him for a big. Then, Brand's contract along with him being injury prone just doesn't seem like a good fit.

Hell, OJ and 12 for Thad and 2 would've worked out for both teams. I would've got a bigger two guard and you still would've had a good young core in Jrue, OJ and Iggy.

I'm still looking to move up. Not being able to deal Rudy in a S&T  is killing me.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Zach is a $16 mil expiring. What you get from Collison and Green is about $9 mil, plus Zach would've gave you a very productive season.

You could've actually had an extra $7 mil for next off-season and another lottery pick in #12 instead of #21. If you were looking for a few more pieces, we could've worked something out.

I even offered you OJ Mayo / #12 for Thad / #2 pick / Louis Williams and you didn't even want that. I definitely wasn't taking Brand back if I was getting rid of OJ.

brand and 2 FOR harden, maynor, collison, weaver and 21

or

brand and 2 FOR  randolph (+16 off the books), jaric (+7 off the books if you wanted), sam young, darrell arthur and #12. you probably would have to add another piece, but its done now.

OKC didn't really need to go after Turner, but I'm sure he's going to try and flip him for a big. Then, Brand's contract along with him being injury prone just doesn't seem like a good fit.
we get rid of brand's contract..

and then we have the following expiring contracts for next season:
Dalembert ($12,200,000.00)
Collison    ($6,750,000.00)
Kapono    ($6,641,440.00)
Green       ($3,976,000.00)

for a grand total of: $29,567,440.00 for the 2011 summer

and who doesn't prefer harden and maynor both signed until 2014 summer on their rookie deals over
sam young and darrell arthur 

i'll give you the pick was better.. but i would rather have harden and maynor and i don't want randolph in philly or around my young guys

Who you got at 12 could've been just as good or gave you the same amount of production as Harden would've gave you, possibly.

But, I understand where you coming from. Getting rid of Brand's contract was your main goal.

Plus, you still got a solid team this season.

exactly bhzmafia14.. i REALLY doubt i would have gotten someone at 12 as good as harden (remember now, harden is only 20.. younger than both turner and wes johnson, neither i would be able to get at 12.. obviously)

now the team looks like this:

PG: jrue(19)/maynor(22)
SG: harden(20)/lou williams(23)/green/meeks
SF: iggy(26)/kapono
PF: speights(22)/thad(21)
C:   dalembert/jason smith(24)

(guys in bold under 25)

and we would have a ton of cap space for the 2011  summer

New Chad Ford Insider article says if somebody wants the #2, you're gonna have to take Brand along with it.

Art maybe imitating life, I suppose.

I wrote this in the other thread but...

I would go as high as Jefferson and No. 16 for Turner and Brand. Rubio, Turner and Cousins immediately turns this franchise around...

PG- Rubio
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love
C- Cousins

Bench: Flynn, Ellington, Brand, Darko, Pekovic, etc.

76ers are looking to move up in the draft!

we have contracts that will expire at the end of next season..

as well as a solid vet (iggy) who would look good playing the 2 along side lebron (yes, jersey i'm talking to you)

Back
Top Bottom