Slumdog Millionaire Official Movie Post

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

i seen this last week and honestly, i think this is too hyped
I'm sayin'---jigs puttin' this up against City of God?? eff is ya'll thinking....don't get me wrong, it was def one of thebetter movies in a while but people going OD far talkin' about best of all time and what not. It was cool for what it was, but it wasn't all that.

Just saw it last night. This movie is great. Definitely recommend it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

yah took my wife to see it cuz i thought she would enjoy it but i ended up really liking it...

but i feel bad for the people that dont know urdu/hindi because a lot was lost in translation, especially the gutter urdu the kids used
roll.gif
It was good. Me being Indian (technically Bengali), I'm not really into Bollywood films, even though this isn't one. I was on the wall about seeing it but a fellow NT'er recommended it so I saw it last night. It was excellent. I know its blatantly obvious but I loved how the questions pertained to every period in his life. And playing Paper Planes during the train sequence.... very dope, made me chuckle.

The only other "Indian" movie I liked was the Namesake (which is one of my favorites) so I'm 2/2 on "Americanized" Indian movies.

and I'm not fluent in urdu but I know bits and pieces and what those kids were saying had me
roll.gif
Oh wow fellow desis. Wonder how many of ya'll on here? I loved the movie. I went to see it with my girlfriend and her cousins. I was the onlyIndian in the damn theater. I don't know I felt I should of had a part in the movie.
roll.gif
Anil Kapoor and Irfan Khan were really good.

VII I agree about the Namesake. I loved the movie as well. The book was better though.

Quick question, does this movie have subtitles or is it in english?

You guys mentioned them speaking another language so I was just curious.

Originally Posted by basketball749

Quick question, does this movie have subtitles or is it in english?

You guys mentioned them speaking another language so I was just curious.
Mostly in English, but there are moments where there are subtitles; they don't give subtitles for whenever they curse though
laugh.gif

It's in english with english subs for the hindi dialog.

What everyone's referring to is the "inside" jokes that are lost in translation.

I'm not inside.

great movie. it was really good when they showed the characters when they were younger. then it got really predictable with the love story and what not. chickwho played latika was hot!

Soo I just finished watching this movie. Late like Merry Christmas but I didn't catch the hype until around Oscar time and then my bro finally dropped offthe DVD yesterday. So I'm up all night working then just decided to watch it at 7am because I wasn't sleepy.

It was good. I like some parts, hated some parts. The host of the Millionaire show was annoying as hell. I mean I literally wanted to kick him in the groin theentire movie. The kids did a good job.

The part at the end with his brother was pretty dumb. I know they're tryna pull heart strings but..c'mon. Also I hated the fact the the main dude Jamalwas always stumbling with his words like he was a nervous wreck all the time. Damn brah you're from the REAL slums of the world and you made it out, noneed to look shook ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Good movie though. 7/10 for me.

Frieda Pinto
pimp.gif

Apparently she was married but then dumped the dude after her new found fame.

Back
Top Bottom