Sleep Paralysis Vol: Your Experiences (Let's Keep This Civil)

Originally Posted by QTfinest

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

happens to me all the time. all i have to do is try and wiggle my big toe and try really, really, hard to move my neck and i usually snap out of it.

but the big toe is the key.

laugh.gif
 this is what i do. Works all the time. 

Anybody knows what causes this?
I believe your body is paralyzed when you dream.  (Otherwise you sleepwalk)  So sleep paralysis is just your body failing to restore full function in time.

Originally Posted by QTfinest

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

happens to me all the time. all i have to do is try and wiggle my big toe and try really, really, hard to move my neck and i usually snap out of it.

but the big toe is the key.

laugh.gif
 this is what i do. Works all the time. 

Anybody knows what causes this?
I believe your body is paralyzed when you dream.  (Otherwise you sleepwalk)  So sleep paralysis is just your body failing to restore full function in time.

GREAT THREAD 
pimp.gif

When I was a kid (started around 4) I used to have sleep paralysis ALL THE TIME. I would open my eyes and see the devil next to my bed (by far the worst), or I would see aliens, or a dark figure at the end of my bed. Those were soo bad. Sometimes I'd even see my parents standing there staring at me. Other times I'd feel like there was pressure on my chest and body that was holding me down. I used to wake up crying and when I was real young I'd run in my parents room and hide. 

I'd have these dreams fairly often. So often that I became a high level lucid dreamer. A few years ago I started realizing that I was dreaming and could alter my dreams whenever I want. 

BTW, That NatGeo vid is on point. I saw it a couple years ago and it made me feel like I wasn't alone 
laugh.gif

That chinese woman still creeps me out though 
frown.gif

GREAT THREAD 
pimp.gif

When I was a kid (started around 4) I used to have sleep paralysis ALL THE TIME. I would open my eyes and see the devil next to my bed (by far the worst), or I would see aliens, or a dark figure at the end of my bed. Those were soo bad. Sometimes I'd even see my parents standing there staring at me. Other times I'd feel like there was pressure on my chest and body that was holding me down. I used to wake up crying and when I was real young I'd run in my parents room and hide. 

I'd have these dreams fairly often. So often that I became a high level lucid dreamer. A few years ago I started realizing that I was dreaming and could alter my dreams whenever I want. 

BTW, That NatGeo vid is on point. I saw it a couple years ago and it made me feel like I wasn't alone 
laugh.gif

That chinese woman still creeps me out though 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Has happened to me a few times. The worst I remember was I was asleep, and I had woke up (or so I thought) and for some reason I couldn't lift my arms, legs, or body. I was able to wiggle around, but not lift myself up (granted I THOUGHT I was awake) this scared the hell outta me. So I started callin for my mom (was young at the time, probably 14-16) but come to find out I couldn't yell or speak either. Worst part was, everytime I would try to yell, I was exhaling, but when I went to inhale, I couldn't. So I was just wasting breath. To top it off I vaguely remember me watching myself from above struggling. WORST feeling in the world. Don't know how I shook out of it, but I did, and I remember waking up coughing trying to catch my breath, eyes watery. Sick stuff, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Pretty much the same experience I had. Except I couldn't see myself. I would see a dark shadow figure above me and I wouldn't be able to move a muscle trying to get up and fight. I was "awake" trying to call out my brother and nothing would happen. Its happened the past couple of months to me. I think it's because I used to to be dead tired from work and I would take a nap and that is the only time it would ever occur.

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Has happened to me a few times. The worst I remember was I was asleep, and I had woke up (or so I thought) and for some reason I couldn't lift my arms, legs, or body. I was able to wiggle around, but not lift myself up (granted I THOUGHT I was awake) this scared the hell outta me. So I started callin for my mom (was young at the time, probably 14-16) but come to find out I couldn't yell or speak either. Worst part was, everytime I would try to yell, I was exhaling, but when I went to inhale, I couldn't. So I was just wasting breath. To top it off I vaguely remember me watching myself from above struggling. WORST feeling in the world. Don't know how I shook out of it, but I did, and I remember waking up coughing trying to catch my breath, eyes watery. Sick stuff, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Pretty much the same experience I had. Except I couldn't see myself. I would see a dark shadow figure above me and I wouldn't be able to move a muscle trying to get up and fight. I was "awake" trying to call out my brother and nothing would happen. Its happened the past couple of months to me. I think it's because I used to to be dead tired from work and I would take a nap and that is the only time it would ever occur.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

You guys are a bunch of [{}]'s
laugh.gif

Happens to me all the time and it started since I was six- seven. Don't mind it, just know it isn't real.

roll.gif
@ Guy who said he cried.
indifferent.gif
It's cool if you don't get scared, but it really does sound terrifying.

No need to be a ****.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

You guys are a bunch of [{}]'s
laugh.gif

Happens to me all the time and it started since I was six- seven. Don't mind it, just know it isn't real.

roll.gif
@ Guy who said he cried.
indifferent.gif
It's cool if you don't get scared, but it really does sound terrifying.

No need to be a ****.

i was having a dream about a demon possessed dog that would always chase me. one day i decided to stop running so i waited for it. when it got to me i started rebuking the demon i n my dream it started going nuts and i said "i rebuck you in the name of Jesus." but while i was saying Jesus i woke up so i said "je" in my dream the awake said "sus". when i woke up i could see myself sleeping but i was also in my body it was like i had 2 views. i couldn't move and my room was extra dark like a eerie darkness. i could see a shadowy figure coming up next to me on my bed and then my bed started to shake. when this happened i started to pray and i could move i stood up and said "i do not fear you for he is with me." as soon as i said that it was like the eerie darkness left and everything went back to normal i put on my ipod to some hillsong united and started worshiping god is good.

i was having a dream about a demon possessed dog that would always chase me. one day i decided to stop running so i waited for it. when it got to me i started rebuking the demon i n my dream it started going nuts and i said "i rebuck you in the name of Jesus." but while i was saying Jesus i woke up so i said "je" in my dream the awake said "sus". when i woke up i could see myself sleeping but i was also in my body it was like i had 2 views. i couldn't move and my room was extra dark like a eerie darkness. i could see a shadowy figure coming up next to me on my bed and then my bed started to shake. when this happened i started to pray and i could move i stood up and said "i do not fear you for he is with me." as soon as i said that it was like the eerie darkness left and everything went back to normal i put on my ipod to some hillsong united and started worshiping god is good.

I don't think I've experienced this, but I know I'd be hyped if I did for certain. For the most part, I don't know when I'm dreaming. It all seems to be reality until I wake up.

I do remember having nothing but nightmares for years, most of my teen years. Even before then, I remember having this crazy experience where I woke up to turn the tv off around 2-3 am. But before I got up to turn the tv off, I looked over at my brother. He was asleep in his bed, laid out on his side facing me. His body was normal on the bed, but his shadow was sitting up looking at me doing eerie head movements like ghosts in scary movies. I was freaked out so I just got back in the bed and said "forget the tv!!!" I go to lie my head back down and try to think about c artoons or something. Then I notice a big insect crawling on me wall towards me....next thing I knew i was waking up and it was time to go to school

I don't think I've experienced this, but I know I'd be hyped if I did for certain. For the most part, I don't know when I'm dreaming. It all seems to be reality until I wake up.

I do remember having nothing but nightmares for years, most of my teen years. Even before then, I remember having this crazy experience where I woke up to turn the tv off around 2-3 am. But before I got up to turn the tv off, I looked over at my brother. He was asleep in his bed, laid out on his side facing me. His body was normal on the bed, but his shadow was sitting up looking at me doing eerie head movements like ghosts in scary movies. I was freaked out so I just got back in the bed and said "forget the tv!!!" I go to lie my head back down and try to think about c artoons or something. Then I notice a big insect crawling on me wall towards me....next thing I knew i was waking up and it was time to go to school

This has happened to me at most 10 times no duck tales, but it's my mind awake and i cant move my body, and its for around 5 seconds. Thank God, I have never suffered the suffocation and demonic aspects of it, so maybe it's not sleep paralysis...

This has happened to me at most 10 times no duck tales, but it's my mind awake and i cant move my body, and its for around 5 seconds. Thank God, I have never suffered the suffocation and demonic aspects of it, so maybe it's not sleep paralysis...

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Cliffnotes
-Fell asleep and woke up (so I thought)
-Couldn't move and felt something furry crawling under my sheets.
-Dark figure in the corner of my room.
-Pray from God or angel to help.
-Jumped outta bed with tears
Ignoring the thread title I would've just thought you had a rat in your room.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Cliffnotes
-Fell asleep and woke up (so I thought)
-Couldn't move and felt something furry crawling under my sheets.
-Dark figure in the corner of my room.
-Pray from God or angel to help.
-Jumped outta bed with tears
Ignoring the thread title I would've just thought you had a rat in your room.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

same

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

same

I fell off the bed... was face down and started calling for someone named Liz but my body wasn't working so it sounded like "MMMPH" and someone got off the other side of the bed and just stood there. I could feel them looking at me, just standing there and I was like "!%$ you don't know I'm down here" and literally nothing on my body worked but I remember thinking "this must be a stroke" and "who is Liz?"

I woke up at the normal time, in the exact same position I was in on the floor just in the bed.

I fell off the bed... was face down and started calling for someone named Liz but my body wasn't working so it sounded like "MMMPH" and someone got off the other side of the bed and just stood there. I could feel them looking at me, just standing there and I was like "!%$ you don't know I'm down here" and literally nothing on my body worked but I remember thinking "this must be a stroke" and "who is Liz?"

I woke up at the normal time, in the exact same position I was in on the floor just in the bed.

Sleep paralysis sucks............ I need to learn how to control my dreams ASAP (Lucid Dreaming)

Sleep paralysis sucks............ I need to learn how to control my dreams ASAP (Lucid Dreaming)

First I'd like to thank everyone for posting their experiences. Learned a lot but anyone ever think that there can be a time when you "won't snap outta it" and could die? I have a honest feeling this could happen.

Back
Top Bottom