Sleep Paralysis Vol: Your Experiences (Let's Keep This Civil)

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Has happened to me a few times. The worst I remember was I was asleep, and I had woke up (or so I thought) and for some reason I couldn't lift my arms, legs, or body. I was able to wiggle around, but not lift myself up (granted I THOUGHT I was awake) this scared the hell outta me. So I started callin for my mom (was young at the time, probably 14-16) but come to find out I couldn't yell or speak either. Worst part was, everytime I would try to yell, I was exhaling, but when I went to inhale, I couldn't. So I was just wasting breath. To top it off I vaguely remember me watching myself from above struggling. WORST feeling in the world. Don't know how I shook out of it, but I did, and I remember waking up coughing trying to catch my breath, eyes watery. Sick stuff, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

you made me realize i've experienced this phenomena a couple times as well...
you try to yell for help but you just end up exhaling....

or your jaws are fused shut at like the bones or some $*!@....

ohwell.gif

happens to me all the time. all i have to do is try and wiggle my big toe and try really, really, hard to move my neck and i usually snap out of it.

but the big toe is the key.

happens to me all the time. all i have to do is try and wiggle my big toe and try really, really, hard to move my neck and i usually snap out of it.

All of this can be controlled, you just have to stop and tell yourself that you're dreaming. That and being calm are the keys to having fun with this. Practice makes perfect.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

See you obviously were aware it was happening and have a technique to snap out of it... Next time remain calm and tell yourself "its a dream, its a dream, its a dream..." a few times. Then let your imagination go. One of my favorite things to do is picture just floating in space, in the orbit of a planet. The weightless feeling is dope.

All of this can be controlled, you just have to stop and tell yourself that you're dreaming. That and being calm are the keys to having fun with this. Practice makes perfect.

See you obviously were aware it was happening and have a technique to snap out of it... Next time remain calm and tell yourself "its a dream, its a dream, its a dream..." a few times. Then let your imagination go. One of my favorite things to do is picture just floating in space, in the orbit of a planet. The weightless feeling is dope.

First time it happened (shortly after i saw a thread like this a few months ago) i was scared as %+!#.

Second time it happened, I woke up and realized what was going on and I was perfectly calm and just layed there until I could move.

Doesn't really get to me, but then again, I don't have these dreams you guys talk about, I just can't move

First time it happened (shortly after i saw a thread like this a few months ago) i was scared as %+!#.

Second time it happened, I woke up and realized what was going on and I was perfectly calm and just layed there until I could move.

Doesn't really get to me, but then again, I don't have these dreams you guys talk about, I just can't move

Used to happen to me a few times in high school..still randomly happens when I don't get enough sleep..honestly there's nothing paranormal about it..ur body's supposed to be paralyzed while u sleep n sometimes u might wake up conscious while your body's still paralyzed and "asleep"

Used to happen to me a few times in high school..still randomly happens when I don't get enough sleep..honestly there's nothing paranormal about it..ur body's supposed to be paralyzed while u sleep n sometimes u might wake up conscious while your body's still paralyzed and "asleep"

The worst is when you sleep with the blanket or pillow near your nose or mouth
frown.gif

But co-sign on the Big toe. Start there, don't panic and just wiggle. You'll snap out of it.

It'll feel like you're going to die but you won't. Trust.

The worst is when you sleep with the blanket or pillow near your nose or mouth
frown.gif

But co-sign on the Big toe. Start there, don't panic and just wiggle. You'll snap out of it.

It'll feel like you're going to die but you won't. Trust.

First time it happened to me I was scared 
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
less 
laugh.gif

I remember hearing about someone from my school that fell out of bed when they slept and broke their neck.  (he recovered just fine btw)

So when I first got sleep paralysis, I thought I did the same thing and I was paralyzed.  I tried to move so hard and I just couldn't make it happen.  I stopped, took a deep breath, and tried again, and damn near jumped outta bed.
laugh.gif

Happened like twice more since, but it ain't scary anymore.

First time it happened to me I was scared 
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
less 
laugh.gif

I remember hearing about someone from my school that fell out of bed when they slept and broke their neck.  (he recovered just fine btw)

So when I first got sleep paralysis, I thought I did the same thing and I was paralyzed.  I tried to move so hard and I just couldn't make it happen.  I stopped, took a deep breath, and tried again, and damn near jumped outta bed.
laugh.gif

Happened like twice more since, but it ain't scary anymore.

laugh.gif
 this is what i do. Works all the time. 

Anybody knows what causes this?

laugh.gif
 this is what i do. Works all the time. 

Anybody knows what causes this?

I've had them numerous times, but one time, all these siren-like noises were going off, had trouble breathing, and of course couldn't move.

I thought I was dying

I've had them numerous times, but one time, all these siren-like noises were going off, had trouble breathing, and of course couldn't move.

I thought I was dying

Ok guys, help me out here. I'm not sure if I've ever had this exactly, but several times when I've tried to sleep with a high fever I've experienced what seems to me like a similar phenomenon. I'll feel trapped in my bed, though able to move and totally conscious, and unable to fall asleep. I get like the physical urge to position myself in a certain way that I can never actually achieve, so I just thrash around super frustrated and stuck in this half-awake limbo.

Ok guys, help me out here. I'm not sure if I've ever had this exactly, but several times when I've tried to sleep with a high fever I've experienced what seems to me like a similar phenomenon. I'll feel trapped in my bed, though able to move and totally conscious, and unable to fall asleep. I get like the physical urge to position myself in a certain way that I can never actually achieve, so I just thrash around super frustrated and stuck in this half-awake limbo.

You guys are a bunch of [{}]'s
laugh.gif

Happens to me all the time and it started since I was six- seven. Don't mind it, just know it isn't real.

roll.gif
@ Guy who said he cried.

You guys are a bunch of [{}]'s
laugh.gif

Happens to me all the time and it started since I was six- seven. Don't mind it, just know it isn't real.

roll.gif
@ Guy who said he cried.

Back
Top Bottom