Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by flipballer

tinsley to the nuggets is a horrible trade.... i wish the nuggets kept camby

The Camby trade doesn't really have anything to do with the PG situation. Somebody better than Atkins/Carter is absolutely necessary for the Nuggets if they want to do anything in the playoffs. If Tinsley gets injured early, then it will leave us basically where we were with Atkins, so it's really not a bad deal at all. We'd have to run Smush/Carter at that point which is still better than Atkins/Carter. It's worth the risk because like I said before, Tinsley>>>>>>>Atkins. The biggest concern for Denver in picking up Tinsley should be the $$$ (aside from the obvious injury concern).

I just wonder what the plan is to back up Nene. Fazekas and Birdman and that rookie they grabbed gonna backup the front court by themselves? I doubt that highly.

The nuggets arent going to the playoffs this season. I didnt think they were even before the camby trade but they confirmed that theyll be in the lottery whenthe gave him away

yungmatt wrote:

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by flipballer

tinsley to the nuggets is a horrible trade.... i wish the nuggets kept camby

The Camby trade doesn't really have anything to do with the PG situation. Somebody better than Atkins/Carter is absolutely necessary for the Nuggets if they want to do anything in the playoffs. If Tinsley gets injured early, then it will leave us basically where we were with Atkins, so it's really not a bad deal at all. We'd have to run Smush/Carter at that point which is still better than Atkins/Carter. It's worth the risk because like I said before, Tinsley>>>>>>>Atkins. The biggest concern for Denver in picking up Tinsley should be the $$$ (aside from the obvious injury concern).

I just wonder what the plan is to back up Nene. Fazekas and Birdman and that rookie they grabbed gonna backup the front court by themselves? I doubt that highly.

The nuggets arent going to the playoffs this season. I didnt think they were even before the camby trade but they confirmed that theyll be in the lottery when the gave him away

images

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by avitale8

On the Orlando Magic forums there's a lot of talk about Turk choosing to opt out after this year and that if we don't think we can get a deal done then we might have to trade him...one rumor that keeps popping up is Turk for Odom.
Dear god I hope we don't do that trade. I think we can probably structure his deal to where we can afford him.
hmmph. if the magic should be so lucky.

as for iverson, he should reunite with his surrogate father, larry brown, for j-rich and nazr and a pick
Eh.

Odom is a passing Rashard Lewis with not as good of a jumper.

Hedo right now > Odom. Hedo's clutch.

I can't see AI doing well in Charlotte, but that's just me.
nerd.gif

are you just making the Shard/Odom comparison cuz they're both tall and lanky? cuz their playing styles are totally different
and yea, I think that if we get rid of Battie who is makin 5-6 mill, we could easily retain Hedo for around 10 mill, which is what he probably wants.

well...Orlando is about a mill and a half under luxury tax...Battie is making 5-6 mill the next 2 years... if they structure his deal to make a lot up frontand go down each year, it would offset Dwight, Shard, Jameer's deals which are the opposite...I mean, I really don't think it will be a problem toretain him...only threat i see is some Euro team throwin an absurd amount at him.
Cuz Turk just wants to test the FA market and see his value...which imo wont be more than 10 mill, unless he launches into superstardom this year

My man Zo can def retire with mad respect... he stuck it out with the heat and won his chip instead of running around from team to team... if marion doesnt gettraded, im still happy with are squad this year... i want chalmers to start this year... him and wade would be fun to watch...

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Three PG's Will Fight For Minutes Behind Quinn In Miami[/h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54714/20081005/four_pgs_will_fight_for_minutes_in_miami/
Oct 05, 2008 6:04 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Four point guards will enter the preseason in Miami with significant playing time on their minds.

Shaun Livingston, Marcus Banks, Chris Quinn, and Mario Chalmers will have the opportunity to earn significant minutes with good play this month.

Banks is hoping this year is his year.

"For one thing, you try not to get too caught up in who might come here and who won't," Banks said. "The guys that have been here have been building up until this point, working hard. I've already done a lot of waiting. I really feel this is my time."

Coach Erik Spoelstra is excited to see the competition and wouldn't reveal who would start for the team in their preseason opener on Sunday night.

"It's been a good battle," Spoelstra said. "The group we have right now is in this and ready to go. This is a real intense place to jump into right now. But we'll see what happens."

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
Fixed

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

My man Zo can def retire with mad respect... he stuck it out with the heat and won his chip instead of running around from team to team... if marion doesnt get traded, im still happy with are squad this year... i want chalmers to start this year... him and wade would be fun to watch...

is this the same Zo that whined and moaned his way out of both Toronto and New Jersey after they gave him a ton of money. goodbye and good riddance.please dontlet the door hit you, where the good lord split ya.

PharelFor3:
YoungTriz:
My man Zo can def retire with mad respect... he stuck it out with the heat and won his chip instead of running around from team to team... if marion doesnt get traded, im still happy with are squad this year... i want chalmers to start this year... him and wade would be fun to watch...
is this the same Zo that whined and moaned his way out of both Toronto and New Jersey after they gave him a ton of money. goodbye and good riddance.please dont let the door hit you, where the good lord split ya.
I mean, so you're against an athlete whining and moaning... but you're a Starbury fan?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MeloVP

On the Orlando Magic forums there's a lot of talk about Turk choosing to opt out after this year and that if we don't think we can get a deal done then we might have to trade him...one rumor that keeps popping up is Turk for Odom.
Dear god I hope we don't do that trade. I think we can probably structure his deal to where we can afford him.
hmmph. if the magic should be so lucky.

as for iverson, he should reunite with his surrogate father, larry brown, for j-rich and nazr and a pick
Eh.

Odom is a passing Rashard Lewis with not as good of a jumper.

Hedo right now > Odom. Hedo's clutch.

I can't see AI doing well in Charlotte, but that's just me.
nerd.gif
are you just making the Shard/Odom comparison cuz they're both tall and lanky? cuz their playing styles are totally different
and yea, I think that if we get rid of Battie who is makin 5-6 mill, we could easily retain Hedo for around 10 mill, which is what he probably wants.
Well, sortaish. I was moreso making a comparison between Hedo and Odom. Simplified, I was saying that Rashard and Odom are similar body builds,except Odom isn't as good of a shooter, and Odom is more gifted with the ball, but I was really making a case for Odom/Hedo.

Zo can go down in my book with a
pimp.gif
. He was never better than his CHA days though.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

[h2]Three PG's Will Fight For Minutes Behind Quinn In Miami[/h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54714/20081005/four_pgs_will_fight_for_minutes_in_miami/

mia_40.gif
Four point guards will enter the preseason in Miami with significant playing time on their minds.

Shaun Livingston, Marcus Banks, Chris Quinn, and Mario Chalmers will have the opportunity to earn significant minutes with good play this month.

"For one thing, you try not to get too caught up in who might come here and who won't," Banks said. "The guys that have been here have been building up until this point, working hard. I've already done a lot of waiting. I really feel this is my time."

Coach Erik Spoelstra is excited to see the competition and wouldn't reveal who would start for the team in their preseason opener on Sunday night.

"It's been a good battle," Spoelstra said. "The group we have right now is in this and ready to go. This is a real intense place to jump into right now. But we'll see what happens."

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

Fixed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

mia_40.gif

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

Fixed
pimp.gif
roll.gif
They actually think the best point guard in the league isgonna get benched? Shenanigans.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PharelFor3:
YoungTriz:
is this the same Zo that whined and moaned his way out of both Toronto and New Jersey after they gave him a ton of money. goodbye and good riddance.please dont let the door hit you, where the good lord split ya.
I mean, so you're against an athlete whining and moaning... but you're a Starbury fan?
laugh.gif

Starbury never whined about being stuck in a bad situaution. He got mad when they tried to bench him for garbage butthole Mardy Collins. I wouldbe mad too if someone tried to disrespect me like that. At least he aint throw a hissy fit when Jersey aint try to re-sign overrated Kenyon martin. Yo Ska, Ithought we left the beef alone 10 pages. lol

eff Mourning btw. Just retire already and drink you kiwi strawberry G2.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PharelFor3:
YoungTriz:
laugh.gif

Starbury never whined about being stuck in a bad situaution. He got mad when they tried to bench him for garbage butthole Mardy Collins. I would be mad too if someone tried to disrespect me like that. At least he aint throw a hissy fit when Jersey aint try to re-sign overrated Kenyon martin. Yo Ska, I thought we left the beef alone 10 pages. lol

eff Mourning btw. Just retire already and drink you kiwi strawberry G2.

minny and new jersey
nerd.gif

uh dude asked for KG money in Minny and in NJ he was playing with bum $** Keith van horn and injured Kittles, Kenyon, and Rokies Richard Jefferson. I stillthink Kidd came in when it was a perfect storm. Unlike Mourning who flipped out whenever the situation aint suit him. warrior my (expletive)

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

indifferent.gif

[h2]Marbury Okays BenchRole[/h2]
Marbury_Stephon_nyk_081001.jpg

Oct 07, 2008 5:02 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Stephon Marburysaid on Monday he is willing to do whatever the team needs him to do, even if that means coming off the bench behind free agent acquisition Chris Duhon, theNew York Post is reporting.

"I don't want to go through any more distractions," Marbury told The Post. "I want all of us to concentrate onwinning and not if I'm going to start or not. I want us to be able to go forward. If the Knicks want me to come off the bench, that's what I'mgoing to do. I just want to win a championship in New York because we as New Yorkers deserve a chip."

According to the article, the decision to speak to the media on the topic was solely Marbury's, who has not spoken to managementor coach Mike D'Antoni about the issue. Marbury said it was unfair to Duhon to make an issue, if Duhon is named the team's starter asexpected.

"I don't feel Duhon should have to go through that," Marbury said last night. "I don't feel D'Antoni shouldhave to go through that. I don't want to go through another year of distractions. I just want to kill it now."

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Karl Tells Iverson,Anthony To Shoot Less[/h2]
Oct 06, 2008 3:39 PM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets'Coach George Karl reportedly asked both Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony to shoot less and get their teammates more involved offensively at the start oftraining camp.

Anthony scored 22.5 points on 19.2 shot attempts last season while Iverson averaged 26.4 points on 18.9 attempts during the 2007-08campaign.

Karl also worked on nothing but defense during the first four days of practice after Denver struggled to stop opponents lastyear.

Via Boston Globe

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Bird Expects A Lot FromIndiana's Murphy[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 9:35 AM EST

ind_40.gif
Pacerspresident Larry Bird is expecting a career-year from forward Troy Murphy this season.

"He'll play probably 35 minutes a game and he's always played around 30 or 32 minutes," Bird said. "At the endof the season last year when he was playing the 35 minutes he started producing more. Plus in the offseason the last couple of years he's really workedhard. Each summer you do that you continue to get better, so I look for a big year out of Troy."

Murphy averaged 12.2 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28.1 minutes per game last season.

Via NBA.com

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Curry: Stuckey Reminds Me OfBosh[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 9:30 AM EST

det_40.gif
Guard RodneyStuckey reminds Pistons coach Michael Curry of Raptors forward Chris Bosh.

Curry was a teammate of Bosh with Toronto during the 2003-04 season.

"As a player, I was in Toronto when Chris Bosh was a rookie, and their demeanors to me are the same. Both of them are very quietbut aggressive. Both of them had to work at it, but both of them want to be great," Curry said on Sunday night.

Curry also says that Stuckey, who led the Pistons to a 95-91 overtime win over the Heat on Sunday night, is coachable.

"Not only is he talented, he's a student of the game, and he's a very good listener," Curry said.

Via Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons,Toronto Raptors

[h2]Bulls' GordonAdds Toe Injury To Foot Ailments[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 9:25 AM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls guard BenGordon missed a portion of the team's practice on Monday after jamming his toe.

Chicago coach Vinny Del Negro said the injury wasn't serious, but Gordon was already suffering from an ankle injury.

Via Chicago Tribune

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Clippers' CambyFinishes Full Workout[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 9:21 AM EST

lac_40.gif
Clippers centerMarcus Camby completed his first full workout with the team on Tuesday in almost a week.

He suffered from flu-like symptoms during training camp.

"I imagine I'll work him back in real slow," coach Mike Dunleavy said today. "It'll take a bit. I told him goas long as he could go today, let me know when he felt it."

He was famously shocked and hurt by the trade from Denver to Los Angeles this July.

"He can catch up," Dunleavy said. "He's so smart. He blended in today, made some really great passes. You could seea little bit of timing was off. His legs weren't there. He didn't shoot the ball from range like he had been."

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Clippers

[h2]Curry: I'm Not Here ToCome Off Bench[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 5:08 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
There are manyquestions about how center Eddy Curry will fit into Mike D'Antoni's high octane offense in New York, especially considering that he turned up to campout of shape then missed the first week due to a bacterial infection, but despite this he still seems himself as the team's starting center, the New YorkPost is reporting.

"Until told otherwise, yeah, I do," said Curry. "I'm not out here playing to come off the bench. I'm planningto start."

"But if that's where [Mike D'Antoni] sees me playing, that's what happens. But as of now, I'm not playing to comeoff the bench."

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

[h2]NBA TV To Air Live SunsPractice[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 2:39 AM EST

phx_40.gif
NBA TV willtelevise practice for the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday at 11 a.m, giving fans the opportunity to see what happens behind the scenes, the team's official websiteis reporting.

NBA TV will air live, exclusive footage and player interviews before re-airing practice in its entirety later on Tuesday at 5 p.m. and11 p.m. local Phoenix time. The practice will be the day before Phoenix receives its first preseason test when it plays host to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesdayat 7 p.m.

Via suns.com

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Mavericks Hire WestphalAs Executive VP[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 2:36 AM EST

dal_40.gif
The DallasMavericks have hired ex-Phoenix coach Paul Westphal as their president of basketball operations, the Arizona Republic is reporting.

Westphal, who was a Dallas assistant coach last season, will assist general manager Donnie Nelson and work in scouting.

Via Arizona Republic

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Injured Knee KeepsIverson Out Of Practice[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 2:34 AM EST

den_40.gif
Denver guardAllen Iverson sat out practice on Monday due to a left knee contusion that happened when he bumped knees during Friday's practice, the Denver Post isreporting.

He is not expected to miss significant time.

"We've kind of got some banged up guys, but that's usually around your sixth or seventh practice where ... thecombination of wear-and-tear and fatigue and conditioning, guys have to take a few days off," said Nuggets coach George Karl, who added he's notworried about anyone missing a big chunk of time. "Not right now. The report right just seems like (players are) banged up, just typical nicks andtidbits."

Via Denver Post

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Knicks'Curry Practices With Team For First Time[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 2:31 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Eddy Curry wasback on the court with the Knicks for the first time this season on Monday after coming down with a bacterial infection, the Associated Press isreporting.

"It was tough," Curry said. "It's definitely going to take some hard work to get back in the flow of things, butit's training camp, it's preseason and I've got time to get where I need to be."

Curry looked tired at the end, resting along the wall with his head in his hand.

"You can't judge him today. You're not going to be able to judge him. You've got to give him at least a week or twoto get his legs and everything, but it's just good to have him on the floor," D'Antoni said. "The week off hurt him, but if you're sick,you're sick. There's not much you can do about that."

Via ESPN

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Sixers Waive Three[/h2]
Oct 07, 2008 2:29 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Philadelphia76ers President and General Manager Ed Stefanski announced today that the team has waived Andre Emmett, Maureece Rice and Cory Underwood. The roster now standsat 16 players heading into the preseason opener on Wednesday, Oct. 8 against the Boston Celtics at the Mullins Center on the campus of the University ofMassachusetts.

Via Press Release

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Nelson Ready For BiggerRole In Orlando[/h2]
Oct 06, 2008 3:55 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Point guardJameer Nelson says that he is ready for a bigger role with the Magic this season.

Orlando signed him to a contract extension this summer, which has placed a lot of pressure on Nelson to elevate his game thisyear.

"Obviously," Coach Stan Van Gundy said, "the organization showed a great confidence in him with the contractextension."

The Magic inked him to a five-year, $38 million extension.

"I'm four years deep. I'm a veteran. I've pretty much seen everything," Nelson said. "I've been inevery situation except a championship situation."

"Otis [Smith] tells me what his expectations are of me; he probably expects more of me than I do from myself, and that'ssaying a lot. He's put a lot on me. But it's like I've always said: I'll face all challenges. And every challenge I've faced throughout mycareer, I've answered."

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic

[h2]Artest Will PlayWherever Rockets Need Him[/h2]
Oct 06, 2008 3:42 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Ron Artestdoesn't care where he plays for the Rockets this season as long as he is on the court with his new teammates.

"I used to want to (be at one position)," Artest said. "When I first started playing and they were trying to give me aposition, I would say I wanted to be a two. I always wanted to be a two so I could come off screens and shoot. But I can still do that. I put so much emphasisback in the day on the position, it was affecting my mentality of how the game should be played. It was affecting my relationship with coaches; it wasaffecting my relationship with players because I so much wanted to play two."

"I don't have a favorite position now. I like the hardest position, whatever is going to be the most work for me,"Artest added. "If the best defender is playing the small forward position, I'm going to play that position. If the best offensive player is playingthe point guard position, I want to guard that position. Whatever will be the toughest."

"When you're on the court, if you just go out and play, your skills come to light. That's the approach I takenow."

Via Houston Chronicle

Houston Rockets

Until told otherwise, yeah, I do," said Curry. "I'm not out here playing to come off the bench. I'm planning to start."
"But if that's where [Mike D'Antoni] sees me playing, that's what happens. But as of now, I'm not playing to come off the bench."

the nerve of this guy
sick.gif
...sorry knick fans...you guys dontdeserve this crap...a franchise rich with tradition and history has become a shame of the NBA
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom