Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

BG needs to fall back.

No way in hell will he get Deng type money.

He over-played his hand and should have signed last year.

I honestly don't think he'll ever see 21.4 again in his life.

He dropped to 18.6 last year and RIGHT NOW, I don't see any team giving him enough shots to get over 20.

B.G's certainly not getting that much money from the Bulls. NBA players need to fall back, and accept deals that make them unbelievably rich, instead ofmind-boggling insanely rich.

BG7 better take his $6.4 QO and hit the market next year. If he gets minutes in Chicago he could put up 20 again, easily, but I don't think the Bulls havehim in their plans. Monta gets more love because he is aggressive. BG sits around and shoots. Plus, Monta can handle the rock. BG7 is a very undersized SG. HEGONE

so glad the lakers will never change their unis cause at the rate the nba is going with these new designs ill never buy a new jersey again

BG is one of my fav players, but he is not going to get that kind of money. i think he can and will get back to 20 ppg again this year. i expect big things outof BG this year, dude really just needs to take it the rack and get to the line more

smh.gif
@ ben gordon , son is greedy

I was hoping for better jerseys from the Magic, hopefully the full shot looks better.

I'll probably grab a Dwight anyway, wanted one for long enough.

I had such high expectations for Ben Gordon, dude was my favorite player from the draft. I think he needs to get traded, im sure he will do good else where.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

smh.gif
@ ben gordon , son is greedy

Nothing is promised for him. Why shouldn't he try & get as much as he possibly can? I don't fault players one bit who hold out, you gotta getit while you can.

is he wearing an old t-wolves jersey beneath that atrocity or is that how it's supposed to be?

sick.gif

the kings changes were absolutely pointless.

the magics were as well to a lesser extent.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

is he wearing an old t-wolves jersey beneath that atrocity or is that how it's supposed to be?

sick.gif

the kings changes were absolutely pointless.

the magics were as well to a lesser extent.

thats how its supposed to be
laugh.gif

One day after the Kings and Rockets agreed in principle on a trade that would send Ron Artest to Houston and bring Bobby Jackson, Donte Greene and a first-round pick Sacramento's way, Artest went on the defensive by phone to The Bee in response to comments made by Yao Ming. It was a most inauspicious start to this union, one that is no more than a handshake deal at the moment. Because of the nature of Greene's contract, he cannot officially be traded until Aug. 14. In other words, there's plenty of time for the Rockets to rethink the acquisition of Ron-Ron. Sacramento Bee

On Artest: "Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said. Reached by phone a few hours later, Artest - who had spoken with Rockets shooting guard Tracy McGrady but not Yao since the news of the agreed-upon trade broke - said Yao is merely the latest person to believe "all the propaganda." Sacramento Bee

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about. "If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed." Sacramento Bee

From the time Artest was known to be on the Kings' trading block, numerous sources close to the Rockets consistently cited chemistry as the premier concern of any potential Artest deal. McGrady is known to be the front-and-center star, so much so that some within the organization wondered how he would handle Artest's oft-complex and daunting presence. Sacramento Bee

"We've still got to make sure there's still a commitment (from the Rockets)," Artest said. "That's the main thing, is to make sure there's still a commitment. When I speak to the powers-that-be of the Houston Rockets' organization, we're going to find out how much they really want me there. We'll find out. I'm still waiting to find out if this is just a trade or if this is like a long-term commitment-type thing. I haven't spoken to anybody yet. I'm still waiting." Sacramento Bee

"I guess once Yao Ming approves (the deal), I'll be a Houston Rocket," Artest said. "(Yao) probably should've called me first. But at the same time, it's Yao Ming's team... "Whatever Yao Ming wants me to do, I'll be there. Whatever Tracy McGrady tells me to do, that's how it's going to go down. Ultimately, whatever Rick Adelman tells me to do is exactly what I'm going to do." Sacramento Bee

Asked if there was anything he would change about his time in Sacramento, Artest said he would have found a way to convince the Kings to re-sign Rick Adelman. "I wish I would have know that Rick was leaving, because I would've intercepted that phone call with a missile from Korea," he said with a laugh. "I'd be like, 'Hold on, let's work it out.'" Sacramento Bee

Artest said Yao called to clear up the matter and proclaimed himself "a Yao Ming soldier babyyyyyy!." Sacramento Bee

Artest admitted that Yao's comments regarding the brawl "hit me in the soft spot when I read that." Sacramento Bee

"For some reason, I like (Artest)," Yao said. "Because in the games we play against him, I hate him. "When I text-messaged with Luis (Scola), we talked about team chemistry. That's only what worries us. We worry about the new attitude to the team. We are adding talent to the team, and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time. "There's worry. Obviously, yes. ... Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands. ... I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history, but we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us." Houston Chronicle

"He's a good player. Why should I not be excited?" said Luis Scola. "He brings defense. He brings talent. He brings athleticism. That's a lot." Artest also brings plenty of personal baggage with him, his foray into the stands that touched off a riot at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Mich., being the lowlight of a turbulent-but-productive career. Houston Chronicle

Ron Artest doesn't just make this team better. He makes it dramatically better. He brings a dimension of mental and physical toughness the Rockets haven't had. He's a lock-down defensive player and is coming off a season in which he averaged 20.5 points and 5.8 rebounds. If he behaves himself, the Rockets will have three of the NBA's 30 best players. Houston Chronicle

Artest wasn't his first choice. Morey flew to Southern California hoping for a face-to-face meeting with Corey Maggette. He inquired about Mike Miller, Josh Childress, Mickael Pietrus, Carlos Delfino and Ramonas Siskauskas. The Sacramento Kings originally told him Artest wasn't available. Then they changed their mind. That's when the Rockets were forced to have a tough conversation. To trade for a Ron Artest is to flirt with trouble. Houston Chronicle

The Kings made the deal because they considered Donté Greene one of the 15 best players in the draft. Once the Rockets were in, they were all in. They threw another pick at the Kings and at least $1 million. Veteran point guard Bobby Jackson is also in the deal. Houston Chronicle

Restricted free agent forward Luol Deng and the Chicago Bulls have agreed to six-year contract that could be worth as much as $80 million. The Bulls e-mailed a news release Wednesday afternoon announcing the "contract signing of Luol Deng." No details on the deal were released. General manager John Paxson did not immediately return a phone call from The Associated Press. The new deal was reported earlier by the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times and ESPN.com, which said the contract would include $71 million in guaranteed money. AP/Seattle Times

Luol Deng's new $71 million contract is a done deal, with a news conference scheduled this morning at the Berto Center. So now the biggest question facing the Bulls is whether they'll have enough money left to re-sign their other significant restricted free agent, guard Ben Gordon. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has been adamant about not paying the NBA's luxury tax until the team is of championship caliber. The tax will kick in next season if the Bulls' payroll exceeds $71.15 million. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

After adding Deng's new deal, which starts at $9.4 million, the Bulls have a cushion of about $7.86 million to pay Gordon's first-year salary. Stretch that over six years with 10.5 percent raises and it falls just below a total of $60 million. The Bulls believe that's a fair deal for their leading scorer. Whether Gordon feels the same way is anyone's guess. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

"We will continue to talk to Ben's representative (Raymond Brothers) and look for ways to get him signed," general manager John Paxson said in an e-mail statement. "Every contract and negotiation is different, but we value Ben and respect the part he has played for us the past four seasons and certainly want him to be a part of our future as well." Arlington Heights Daily Herald

So far, the sign-and-trade interest in Gordon has been minimal. But if he wants to test the open market next summer, when several NBA teams will have cap room, his one-year qualifying offer is worth $6.4 million, not far below the $7.86 million the Bulls have left to pay for the coming season. A shorter contract length also has been discussed. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls have had discussions with Sacramento about center Brad Miller, a league source confirmed, and were very interested in acquiring Nets center Nenad Krstic, most likely for Andres Nocioni, before Krstic jumped overseas to sign with Triumph Moscow. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls also have discovered some interest in guard Larry Hughes, as long as they're willing to take a big contract in return. Since the Bulls need to thin out their backcourt, some possibilities could include Portland's Joe Przybilla, New York's Jared Jeffries, Dallas' Erick Dampier or Denver's Kenyon Martin. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

That was the case Tuesday, as an Ohio paper reported that the Cavaliers had talked to Sixers guard Louis Williams. The Willoughby News-Herald attributed a league source. Philadelphia Daily News

Delonte West: His agent, Aaron Goodwin, complained recently that the Cavaliers haven't made a fair offer. West's choices would appear to include signing a deal that Cleveland is offering or taking a 1-year qualifying offer of $2.8 million and becoming an unrestricted free agent next year. Philadelphia Daily News

Whether he starts or comes off the bench for the Clippers, Ricky Davis said Wednesday he just wants to be on the court in clutch time. "As long as I'm out there in that fourth quarter and it's time to win that game," Davis said. "That's when I want to be playing." LA Times

"Ricky has shown tremendous ability to torch people in this building," said Clippers President Andy Roeser at Staples Center. "Unfortunately, he was playing for other teams when he did it." Davis also had one of the best games of his career against the Clippers when he was with Boston, in December 2004, when he scored 34 points in a double-overtime Celtics win at the Staples Center. LA Times

The signing of Ricky Davis pushed the Clippers near the NBA's $58.6-million salary-cap limit, but Olshey said they could sign a big man to back up Chris Kaman and newly acquired Marcus Camby in the post. "We're pretty active in that market right now," Olshey said. "There should be some things happening within the next few days." LA Times

The Clippers have been speaking with free agent Francisco Elson, 32, who has spent time with three NBA teams in five seasons. LA Times

The Detroit Pistons have signed free agent guard Will Bynum. Terms of the deal were not released. Bynum averaged 11.8 points, 2.0 rebounds and 3.2 assists in the Las Vegas Summer League. The 6-foot, 185-pound guard played last season for Maccabi Tel Aviv of the Israeli League and averaged 10.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Seattle Times

The Nuggets on Wednesday officially signed swingman Dahntay Jones to a one-year, guaranteed contract for the NBA minimum $926,678. Jones, who has averaged 4.9 points and 1.6 rebounds in five NBA seasons, led the Nuggets' summer-league team in scoring (18.4 points) and gives the team some depth if injuries hit. Rocky Mountain News

The Lakers confirmed Wednesday that former NBA player Robert "Tractor" Traylor has been invited to their El Segundo practice facility for a private workout to be conducted Thursday. The 31-year old Traylor has not played in the NBA since the 2004-2005 season, when he averaged 5.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 74 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Traylor will be put through an assortment of drills by the Lakers' coaching staff that likely will include Bill Bertka, who has been at the practice facility this week. Orange County Register
[h2]Bulls Sign Deng[/h2]
Deng_Luol_chi_080401.jpg

Jul 31, 2008 11:47 AM EST

chi_40.gif
The Chicago Bulls announced todaythat the team has re-signed forward Luol Deng to a multi-year extension. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

"Signing Luol has always been a priority for this organization and we have always felt that he was a big part of our future. We are very happy thatLuol will now be with us long term as we continue to grow as an organization," said Bulls Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations JohnPaxson.

Via PressRelease

Chicago Bulls

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Clippers Waive Josh Powell[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 7:07 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los Angeles Clippers today waivedforward Josh Powell, it was announced by Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. In 64 games played last season, Powell averaged 5.5 points, 5.2rebounds, and 19.2 minutes per game.

Via PressRelease

Los Angeles Clippers

[h2]Minimal Interest In GordonSign-And-Trade[/h2]
Jul 31, 2008 12:28 PM EST

chi_40.gif
The Bulls believe a contract in theneighborhood of $60 million over six seasons is fair for Ben Gordon.

"We will continue to talk to Ben's representative (Raymond Brothers) and look for ways to get him signed," general manager John Paxson said inan e-mail statement.

"Every contract and negotiation is different, but we value Ben and respect the part he has played for us the past four seasons and certainly want himto be a part of our future as well."

The issue with Gordon isn't so much whether he deserves more than $9.9 million per season but whether he can get a better contract from another team,either in the NBA or Europe.

So far, the sign-and-trade interest in Gordon has been minimal.

Via DailyHerald

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Brad Miller Back To Chicago?[/h2]
Jul 31, 2008 10:12 AM EST

chi_40.gif
With Jerry Reinsdorf and director ofplayer personnel Gar Forman taking a greater role in contract negotiations, Bulls GM John Paxson has been freed up to talk trades with other teams, accordingto a report by Mike Mcgraw of the Daily Herald.

According to the report, the Bulls have had discussions with Sacramento about center Brad Miller while guard Larry Hughes has been attracting someinterest.

Some options, according to McGraw, include include Portland's Joe Przybilla, New York's Jared Jeffries, Dallas' Erick Dampier, or Denver'sKenyon Martin.

Via DailyHerald

Chicago Bulls, SacramentoKings, Dallas Mavericks, PortlandTrail Blazers

[h2]Artest Will Only Join Rockets IfHe Gets A Commitment[/h2]
Jul 31, 2008 10:06 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Ron Artest said that he was excitedabout going to the Rockets but would join them only if they are committed to him, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Artest's comments about commitment stem from Yao Ming's wariness of the trade. Ming is happy with the deal but is concerned for team chemistry.

"We've still got to make sure there's still a commitment," Artest told the Sacramento Bee. "That's the main thing. When I speakto the powers-that-be of the Houston Rockets organization, we're going to find out how much they really want me there."

"For some reason, I like (Artest)," Yao said, "because in the games we play against him, I hate him."

"When I text-messaged with Luis (Scola), we talked about team chemistry. That's only what worries us. We worry about the new attitude to the team.We are adding talent to the team, and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston.But a new player always needs some time."

"There's worry. Obviously, yes. ... Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands. ... I have to find a way to talkto him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history, but we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can helpus."

Via HoustonChronicle

Houston Rockets, SacramentoKings

[h2]Cavaliers Talk To Sixers' Williams[/h2]
Jul 31, 2008 10:02 AM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cleveland Cavaliers have haddiscussions with restricted Sixer Louis Williams, the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting.

According to the report, some of the Cavs' interest in Williams is a result of contentious negotiations with guard Delonte West.

Moscow Dynamo apparently did make inquiries about West, the former star at Saint Joseph's, but he has no interest in playing in Russia.

ViaPhiladelphia Daily News

Cleveland Cavaliers, Philadelphia 76ers

Back
Top Bottom