Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I wana move to a state with a better NBA team living close to denver sucks the nuggets are going to be so wack next year, especially if JR leaves. Nobody wants to watch Melo jab step for 17 seconds of the 24 second clock and then shoot a fadeaway jumper or AI run the length of the court at full speed throw up some off balanced lay up and fall to the ground even if he isnt touched. Nuggets will be one of the least entertaining teams to watch next year. I usually go half on season tickets this year i might just buy a 10 game pack

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
at melo's jabstep, son's gonna do damage with that inthe olympics
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Cleavland should trade Delonte or Boobie for JR Smith.

Jr would give them that legit scoring shooting guard they need and the Nuggets would get their PG of the future.

Ummm... if that happens Cleveland wouldn't get a legit scoring shooting guard and the Nuggets sure ain't getting their PG of the future. Cleveland would get a streaky shooter with no mid range game what so ever and the Nuggets would get a PG that is more suited off the bench.

Jr is a legit scoring guard, he was only streaky because he didn't get consistent minutes off the bench, and PG of the future. Means they can work with him, I didn't say they get that PG they need now.

Dude does two things. Drive to the basket or shoot the 3. That's it. I wouldn't call that completely legit. Not to mention he doesn't doanything else good. Doesn't rebound, isn't a great passer, mediocre defender, etc. And I'm looking at the game logs right now. He got off somepretty consistent minutes the 2nd of half of the season and he would go off for like 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 then single digits etc. People overrate hisgame. He isn't that nice. And neither of those guys haven't showed any signs of being more then what they are now. Boobie hasn't done anything toshow that he can run the show. He's nothing but a spot up 3 pt. shooter. That's it. And Delonte is more suited for the bench. You can work with a lotof players, just because you can work with them doesn't mean they can suddenly learn how to run an offense on a nightly basis.

Jr would give them that legit scoring shooting guard they need and the Nuggets would get their PG of the future.

Ummm... if that happens Cleveland wouldn't get a legit scoring shooting guard and the Nuggets sure ain't getting their PG of the future. Cleveland would get a streaky shooter with no mid range game what so ever and the Nuggets would get a PG that is more suited off the bench.

Jr is a legit scoring guard, he was only streaky because he didn't get consistent minutes off the bench, and PG of the future. Means they can work with him, I didn't say they get that PG they need now.

Dude does two things. Drive to the basket or shoot the 3. That's it. I wouldn't call that completely legit. Not to mention he doesn't do anything else good. Doesn't rebound, isn't a great passer, mediocre defender, etc. And I'm looking at the game logs right now. He got off some pretty consistent minutes the 2nd of half of the season and he would go off for like 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 then single digits etc. People overrate his game. He isn't that nice. And neither of those guys haven't showed any signs of being more then what they are now. Boobie hasn't done anything to show that he can run the show. He's nothing but a spot up 3 pt. shooter. That's it. And Delonte is more suited for the bench. You can work with a lot of players, just because you can work with them doesn't mean they can suddenly learn how to run an offense on a nightly basis.

He is a scorer, thats why he would be on cleavland, why does he need to be s great passer when he'll have a PG, LBJ and Big Z(who is a good passer fora bigman) He won't be asked to lock somebody down, he won't be asked to make amazing plays but to just score. 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 is prettyswell for somebody who come off the bench and is the third scorer. How many minutes did he get with those single digit games? How many shots did heattempt?
Jr will have stretchs where his offense fluctuates, he has two allstars he plays behind and they were the only team in the league who had 4 playersgo off for 40 points. Remember that.

Dude does two things. Drive to the basket or shoot the 3. That's it. I wouldn't call that completely legit. Not to mention he doesn't do anything else good. Doesn't rebound, isn't a great passer, mediocre defender, etc. And I'm looking at the game logs right now. He got off some pretty consistent minutes the 2nd of half of the season and he would go off for like 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 then single digits etc. People overrate his game. He isn't that nice. And neither of those guys haven't showed any signs of being more then what they are now. Boobie hasn't done anything to show that he can run the show. He's nothing but a spot up 3 pt. shooter. That's it. And Delonte is more suited for the bench. You can work with a lot of players, just because you can work with them doesn't mean they can suddenly learn how to run an offense on a nightly basis.

He is a scorer, thats why he would be on cleavland, why does he need to be s great passer when he'll have a PG, LBJ and Big Z(who is a good passer for a bigman) He won't be asked to lock somebody down, he won't be asked to make amazing plays but to just score. 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 is pretty swell for somebody who come off the bench and is the third scorer. How many minutes did he get with those single digit games? How many shots did he attempt?
Jr will have stretchs where his offense fluctuates, he has two allstars he plays behind and they were the only team in the league who had 4 players go off for 40 points. Remember that.

The numbers I put up were thrown out there while I was looking through the game logs. Like I said, look at it, he got consistent minutes the 2nd half of theseason. Ask Denver fans, he's streaky. Dude would go from hitting 8 3s one game to going through cold streaks of him hitting 1 3 pt. a game. He has nomidrange game what so ever. Cleveland doesn't need another one of those. They need another player with LeBron that'll put them over the top. Not aglorified 3 pt. shooter. Seriously, what good is that gonna do them? They get a player that can't defend, doesn't have a midrange game, can't pass,etc. You say why does he need to be a great passer? NONE of there PGs can run the offense on a consistent basis night in and night out and LeBron is the onethat should be taking the shots. So that leaves an old Big Z, who yes is a good passer for his position, but that's it, for his position.

whew!

i thought miles signed with the raps because he was on their sleague team.

dont want a +%!@*+ character player like that anywhere near my sqaud.

maggette a side piece? for a lot of teams, yes, but for that warriors squad either he or monte are going to lead in scoring.

He is a scorer, thats why he would be on cleavland, why does he need to be s great passer when he'll have a PG, LBJ and Big Z(who is a good passer for a bigman) He won't be asked to lock somebody down, he won't be asked to make amazing plays but to just score. 10 then 20 then 14 then 30 is pretty swell for somebody who come off the bench and is the third scorer. How many minutes did he get with those single digit games? How many shots did he attempt?
Jr will have stretchs where his offense fluctuates, he has two allstars he plays behind and they were the only team in the league who had 4 players go off for 40 points. Remember that.

The numbers I put up were thrown out there while I was looking through the game logs. Like I said, look at it, he got consistent minutes the 2nd half of the season. Ask Denver fans, he's streaky. Dude would go from hitting 8 3s one game to going through cold streaks of him hitting 1 3 pt. a game. He has no midrange game what so ever. Cleveland doesn't need another one of those. They need another player with LeBron that'll put them over the top. Not a glorified 3 pt. shooter. Seriously, what good is that gonna do them? They get a player that can't defend, doesn't have a midrange game, can't pass, etc. You say why does he need to be a great passer? NONE of there PGs can run the offense on a consistent basis night in and night out and LeBron is the one that should be taking the shots. So that leaves an old Big Z, who yes is a good passer for his position, but that's it, for his position.

I gotta agree with you here. There is no way that JR Smith is a legitimate option at shooting guard. If he's you're 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th option,your team won't be very good. He needs a lot of polishing before he should be considered a starter. Boobie is not a PG of the future, he's JasonTerry-lite IMO. He's a SG in a PG's body. The Nuggets would hate another AI on their team with inferior passing ability, and not as deadly scorer.

Tony Allen and Eddie House are staying in the fold. According to Danny Ainge, the Celtics have agreed to terms with each on two-year contracts. Ainge would not be specific on the financial figures, but according to a source, both are being paid in the mid-$2 million range. Boston Herald

The Suns put a shot of adrenaline into their team and what had been a sleepy free-agency period by signing ex-Golden State small forward Matt Barnes to a one-year contract. The sixth-year NBA veteran signed for the league's veteran minimum contract ($1.2 million, about $400,000 of which is paid by league funds) and will immediately step into the rotation as either a starter or bench player on the wing. He will be in Phoenix to take his physical on Monday morning and is expected to finalize his deal afterward. East Valley Tribune

There could be some definitive news on the Dragic situation within a week. Sam Cassell, Damon Stoudamire and Jason Williams also remain as free-agent possibilities as a veteran backup to Nash. East Valley Tribune

The big man spot could be filled by one of two holdovers - Sean Marks or Brian Skinner - although the Suns could go in a different direction entirely as the free-agent market continues to evolve. East Valley Tribune

The Warriors have shown no interest in re-signing Barnes, who was instrumental in their 2007 playoff upset of Dallas and averaged 6.7 points and 4.4 rebounds a game in 19.4 minutes. San Francisco Chronicle

Free-agent forward Matt Barnes is scheduled to arrive in Phoenix Monday, expecting to sign a one-year veteran's minimum deal with the Suns after completing a physical. Barnes, 28, spent the past two seasons in a mostly reserve role with the Golden State Warriors. He collected a career-best 9.8 points and 4.6 rebounds in the 2006-07 season. Last season, he averaged 6.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 19.4 minutes per game. Arizona Republic

Reports surfaced last week that second-round draft pick Goran Dragic had decided to stay in Europe, but a decision hasn't been made. Arizona Republic

In a potentially stunning move that reflects the growing challenge Europe's basketball leagues pose to the NBA, Atlanta Hawks free-agent forward Josh Childress is strongly considering a three-year, $20 million offer from Greek powerhouse Olympiakos, several league sources said Sunday night. Yahoo

Josh Childress flew to Greece late Sunday and is scheduled to meet with Olympiakos officials on Monday. Childress, 25, is so flustered with the Hawks' refusal to make a sign-and-trade deal to another team, one source familiar with his thinking believes there's "better than a 50-50 chance" he'll sign with Olympiakos. The team also will cover the Greek taxes for Childress, making it even more lucrative. Yahoo

On the Hawks: Privately, Childress has expressed little enthusiasm in returning to play for the organization, sources said. Yahoo

The Memphis Grizzlies are the only remaining team with enough salary-cap room to make an offer exceeding the $5.6 million mid-level exception, and they so far seem content on saving their money for next summer. Yahoo

If Olympiakos is indeed talking about a robust $20 million over three seasons (with the Hawks retaining Childress' NBA rights, with a qualifying offer, the next two summers), Childress or any other professional athlete has to seriously consider that offer. If this is all a ploy to put the heat on the Hawks, as one Hawks' staffer insists it is, then Childress' agents (Lon Babby and Jim Tanner) did a great job. Because once again the Hawks look like the cats left holding the bag Atlanta Journal-Constitution

How the sides could be this far apart where Josh Smith is concerned makes little to no sense at all. If the Hawks were offering a starting salary of $9 million last October (as reported here last summer when it was clear that a deal was going to be tough to come by before the Oct. 31 deadline), before Smith's stellar season that culminated with a playoff berth and some rather huge moments from Smith, both sides should certainly be working in upwards of that range now. I don't think anyone's ever uttered anything about max money for Smith. But certainly something along the lines of what Kevin Martin ($55 million) and Al Jefferson ($65 million) re-upped for before the 2007-08 season. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

It doesn't look like the Nets will be working out any sign-and-trade deals for Bostjan Nachbar. According to legaue sources, Nachbar will sign with Dynamo Moscow in Russia. Don't have the terms, but I've heard it was a far better offer than he was receiving here. Nets president Rod Thorn had said it was becoming less likely that the team would be able to do a sign-and-trade for the restricted free agent. Bergen Record

The Nets are close to finalizing a deal with the Orlando Magic for free agent Keyon Dooling. The teams have agreed on a trade and are awaiting league approval, team sources said Sunday. NY Daily News

The move likely will mean the end of Marcus Williams' days in New Jersey. Heading into his third year in the league, Williams has been plagued by injuries so far. He's missed parts of the last two seasons and has averaged 6.4 points and three assists in his career. NY Daily News

The Nets are said to be looking to package Williams and one of their other young players, such as forwards Josh Boone or Sean Williams, for a veteran. They still have eight players on their roster with two years' or less experience in the league. NY Daily News

More than 16,000 people have signed up to a season ticket request list for Oklahoma City's new NBA team. Officials of the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics said Sunday they have concluded the first phase of a season ticket request list. Those on the list signed up in just 16 days. AP/Charlotte Observer

While Dirk was doing his Superman impression thing to push Germany to the Olympics, the Mavs were not-so-quietly, as it turns out, inquiring about acquiring Ron Artest from Sacramento. I am strangely intrigued by this. Actually love this deal. Sure, Artest has a lot of crazy and a little team wrecker in him, a subject on which Mavs coach Rick Carlisle has intimate knowledge. Artest basically imploded his Indy team with his decision to brawl in the stands. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

For Artest: What reportedly killed trade talks was that Brandon Bass and Jerry Stackhouse, not Josh Howard, were offered. I am not so sure I wouldn't have sent Howard to Sacramento. Moving Stack is understandable (even though I am a huge Stack fan). But the willingness to part company with Bass is beyond me. He was the only player, other than Dirk, who actually showed interest in trying to defeat the Hornets. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Team USA: The starting five is set with Anthony, James, Howard, Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd, but coach Mike Krzyzewski needs to settle on a rotation beyond that. The Americans had a strong bench in last year's Olympic qualifying tournament, but Chauncey Billups and Amare Stoudemire, two top reserves, aren't back this summer. Paul and Deron Williams will begin their battle to see who gets the early lead on the backup point guard spot behind Kidd. Either Bosh or Carlos Boozer will emerge as the undersized No. 2 centre after Howard. AP/Globe and Mail

Hornets center Tyson Chandler had been invited to practice with the Americans, but pulled out Saturday because of an inflamed big toe. The Americans are eagre to get back to work. Some of their Olympic opponents already have some games under their belts, so it's time to get ready. AP/Globe and Mail

SUMMER LEAGUE

Portland Trail Blazers rookie Jerryd Bayless was named the top rookie of the NBA Summer League on Sunday after averaging a league-high 29.8 points in four games in Las Vegas. Bayless shot 49 percent from the field during the league. He hit 43 percent of his three-point attempts and collected 4.8 rebounds per contest. Azcentral.com

Bayless, who suffered a minor injury to his wrist on Saturday night, picked up his MVP trophy before the game (presented to him by his mother). Bayless averaged a summer-league best 30 points per game, and put up 36 on Saturday night, leading the Blazers to a win over Phoenix. It was clear, even before that game, that Bayless was the most impressive player in Vegas during the week. MikeBarrettsBlog

Kevin Love was held out of the Timberwolves' 111-91 summer league victory over New York on Sunday in Las Vegas for precautionary reasons because of an inflamed left Achilles' tendon. Love, acquired from Memphis in a trade of first-round draft picks, left in the second half of the Wolves' game Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks because of the same injury, which team officials don't consider severe. Minneapolis Star Tribune

A few days into the Summer League, Rockets coach Rick Adelman pulled Donte Greene aside to talk about the strides Greene would need to get the most of his ability. Days later, assistant coach Elston Turner delivered the same message. "I don't know if he had a sense of what it takes coming in, but he has one now," Turner said. "Rick pulled him over the other day and talked to him. He gave him a good talking to as far as his expectations and what he (Greene) needs to do and what he needs to become in order to play in this league. I said a word to him. "The only thing to do is work. The skills are there. It's up to us to get him ready and turn him into a real good, complete, all-around ballplayer." Houston Chronicle
[h2]ChildressSeriously Considering Offer From Olympiakos[/h2]
Childress_Josh_atl_080504.jpg

Jul 21, 2008 11:33 AM EST

atl_40.gif
Josh Childress,a free agent from the Atlanta Hawks, is strongly considering a three-year, $20 million offer from Olympiakos, several league sources said Sundaynight.

Childress flew to Greece late Sunday and is scheduled to meet with Olympiakos officials on Monday.

Childress, 25, is so flustered with the Hawks' refusal to make a sign-and-trade deal to another team, one source familiar with histhinking believes there's "better than a 50-50 chance" he'll sign with Olympiakos. The team also will cover the Greek taxes for Childress,making it even more lucrative.

Via Yahoo!

Atlanta Hawks, Euroleague Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Suns Near Deal WithBarnes[/h2]
Jul 21, 2008 2:20 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The PhoenixSuns are expecting to sign free agent forward Matt Barnes to a one year, minimum contract on Monday, the Arizona Republic is reporting.

If Barnes signs, the Suns will need to sign two more players to reach the 13-man roster minimum.

Barnes has spent the last two seasons with Golden State.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Deng To Deliver ChicagoUltimatum[/h2]
Jul 21, 2008 11:52 AM EST

chi_40.gif
If Luol Dengand the Bulls can't come to terms within the next two weeks, he will end talks and tell management that he plans to leave the organization as a free agentnext summer, a source close to Deng told Yahoo! Sports.

Deng is determined to come to terms on a long-term contract, but he has set an Aug. 4 deadline to reach an agreement. Once Deng, 23,leaves the country for the European Championship qualifying tournament, he will a sign a one-year qualifying offer for $4.5 million and become an unrestrictedfree agent next summer.

When reached on Sunday, Deng's agent, Jason Levien, would only say, "We continue to talk to the Bulls and remain hopeful thatsomething can be accomplished."

Via Yahoo!

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Bulls Coming To 2009VSL[/h2]
Jul 21, 2008 11:25 AM EST

chi_40.gif
The ChicagoBulls will be playing in the Vegas Summer League in 2009 and Boston and New Jersey could also be on their way next season.

"Chicago is coming next year, Boston is talking about returning and so is New Jersey," LeGarie said. "I think 24 teamsis the max to maintain the quality of the league."

Via Review Journal

Chicago Bulls, New Jersey Nets, Boston Celtics

[h2]Young SaysWashington Will Have New Big Three[/h2]
Jul 21, 2008 11:23 AM EST

was_40.gif
As the Wizardsleft Washington for the NBA Summer League, Nick Young threw his arms around Andray Blatche and Dominic McGuire and declared, "This is new Big Three righthere."

The Wizards finished the VSL with a 2-3 record.

Via Washington Post

Washington Wizards

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Knicks Want To Shut DownGallinari?[/h2]
Jul 21, 2008 10:14 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
"A teamsource said the Knicks are considering resting [Danilo] Gallinari the remainder of the summer and request he not play for the Italian national team that getstogether in two weeks," writes Marc Berman of the New York Post. "The decision could be out of Gallinari's hands as the Italian players arethreatening a strike."

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Keyon to Jersey official.

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/dooling_trade_080721.html

Nets Acquire Keyon Dooling From Magic

East Rutherford, NJ, July 21 -The New Jersey Nets have acquired guard Keyon Dooling from the Orlando Magic in exchange for cash considerations, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today.
"Keyon is a versatile NBA veteran, and we are pleased to add him to our roster," said Thorn. "His ability to play both the point and shooting guard positions will add flexibility and depth to our backcourt rotation."

Dooling, a 6-3, 195 pound guard, averaged 8.1 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 72 games, including one start, for Orlando during the 2007-08 season. The eight-year NBA veteran has appeared in 465 games with the Clippers, Heat and Magic, holding career averages of 6.8 points, 1.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists. Originally drafted with the 10th overall pick out of Missouri in the 2000 NBA Draft, Dooling has averaged 7.1 points, 1.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 29 career postseason contests for the Heat and Magic.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

What the hell is Deng gonna get next year, that he cant get this year?

he'll have more leverage next year because the bulls won't be able to match whatever offer is given to him.

but then again, teams will be saving their cap for 2010.

i really wish Reinsdorf would stop being cheap. it seems like we dont even want to win. i know he turned down a extension but jeez its time to start takingthis team to the next level. STOP BEING SO DAMN CHEAP!!!

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

What the hell is Deng gonna get next year, that he cant get this year?

he'll have more leverage next year because the bulls won't be able to match whatever offer is given to him.

but then again, teams will be saving their cap for 2010.
dude aint getting much more than the MLE next year.

Marcus Camby has been shown to the city line. Could Allen Iverson be the next high-dollar player to be drop-kicked out of Denver by the cost-cutting Nuggets? Indications are the Nuggets would trade Iverson if the deal was right. They'd also trade Kenyon Martin or Nene, if anybody wanted either. And owner Stan Kroenke would be willing to deal the Rocky Mountains if he owned them and it would keep him from paying the luxury tax. Rocky Mountain News

There's a slim chance the Nuggets could get under the tax threshold for next season. One way to do that would be to trade Iverson and get back a bit less than $17 million in salaries, although that figure could vary depending upon any contract restricted free-agent J.R. Smith might sign with Denver. Rocky Mountain News

If cap room is 2010 is not a realistic goal, then the Nuggets might not want to let Iverson bolt for nothing. While perhaps trading him before the start of the season might be too quick of a move, it wouldn't be surprising if suitors are lining up for Iverson at next February's trade deadline. Rocky Mountain News

But the Nuggets never offered Iverson a multiyear contract even though his camp was willing earlier this summer for Iverson to opt out of his contract and take less money this season. And, while Iverson has said he wants to finish his career in Denver, one wonders what he might be thinking after Camby was given away (Iverson has been unavailable for comment). Rocky Mountain News

It would be best for both parties if AI left. Denver isn't going to win anything anytime soon. They're not even close to a sure lock on the 8th seednext year. Therefore it's pointless for them to be paying so many players so much money, the notion I'm sure that their management is allowing to guidethem. If I'm Denver, Melo is the only untouchable player. Dump anyone and everyone else for whatever and start from scratch. It's the saddest thing inthe NBA when teams like Denver and New York have such high pay rolls but are nowhere near competing for a championship. And as for AI, I'd like to see himwin a ring. I'm sure if put in a Boston-like situation he'd make the necessary sacrifices.

Denver is trying to cut salary, not gain more. While Marion is an expiring contract he makes more than 17 mil and banks has a long term contract.

Back
Top Bottom