Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Cavs FO is HORRIBLE.

LeBron should leave, he has every right to with the crap and philosophy they've built around him.

Posey signs w/ Hornets 4yrs 25 mil

[h1]Sources: Posey agrees to four-year deal with Hornets[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: July 16, 2008, 3:57 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- The reigning NBA champions are about to lose their glue guy.

3341.jpg

Posey

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that James Posey has agreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets worth an estimated $25 million.

Because of luxury-tax concerns, Boston was reluctant to offer Posey, 31, more than a two-year deal in spite of his considerable contributions to the Celtics' first championship since 1986.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

but danny ainge is dumb as hell to let him get away
At 4 years and $25 mil he isnt that dumb, but they probably could have made a better offer. Good for Posey for getting that $.

Thanks for helping bringing the chip back to Bean town Mr. Posey

I don't know if that was a great sign.

I wonder if Posey can score like Hornets fans think he can.

He is a 3 shooter.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I don't know if that was a great sign.

I wonder if Posey can score like Hornets fans think he can.

He is a 3 shooter.

So is Peja and look how CP3 helped him out.

Kinda lengthy at 4 years, but eh, it's not like the Hornets are one of these up and coming ball clubs.

They've proved last year, and in the playoffs that they're a powerhouse out West.

Posey definitely helps the cause. Is Pargo resigned?

People complaining about Posey getting paid?

Dude is a proven reliable player on ANY playoff team, and dude is clutch.

He deserves that contract.

NOOOOOO POSEY!!!

I can't blame the Celtics for only offering 3 years though. I was just hoping no other team would offer him 4 cause I think he would've returned to theCeltics if that was the case. Thanks for everything, Pose. We'll miss you.

[h1]Posey agrees to four-year deal with Hornets[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: July 16, 2008, 4:08 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- The reigning NBA champions are about to lose their glue guy.

3341.jpg

Posey

James Posey, arguably the most coveted unrestricted free agent left on the market, agreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday worth an estimated $25 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said.

Because of future luxury-tax concerns, Boston was apparently reluctant to offer Posey, 31, more than a two- or three-year deal starting at the league's mid-level exception (just under $5.6 million) in spite of Posey's considerable contributions to the Celtics' first championship since 1986.

Getting Posey would be a huge coup for the Hornets, who are coming off a breakthrough season and increasingly billed as a future power in the West with quality starters such as David West, Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic surrounding face of the franchise Chris Paul.

But the Hornets went into the summer desperate to fortify their thin bench and import a proven winner like Posey, who has won two rings in the past three seasons with the Celtics and Miami Heat.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com
Thanks heat 23

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

People complaining about Posey getting paid?

Dude is a proven reliable player on ANY playoff team, and dude is clutch.

He deserves that contract.

Pretty much.

He was gonna get paid regardless, it was just a matter of years. Nobody wanted to offer him 4. NO did.

Posey > Mo Pete, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom