Silver to $250 an oz...

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

what's the champions league?
www.thechampionsleague.biz

Let me post real quick before this thread fades into BOLIVIAN...
laugh.gif

There is definitely money to be made investing in precious medals and silver is def. a viable option for those who can't afford to get into gold. But the problem I have is that when purchasing these precious medals you have to pay so many surcharges. For example AMPEX already prices their gold above market value... Then on top of that they charge like a $50 fee just to process credit card transactions. GOLD closed at
[font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]$1430.20/oz and AMPEX was charging about $1520 to have an ounce shipped to me.
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] So someone explain to me how that is a good investment? The only way you could really PROFIT is if you plan on holding it for 2-3 years at least. And I live in a part of the country where everyone buys gold but no one seems to be selling it. [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]2 years ago.... 24K gold 1 gram bars were going for $29-$35 on ebay... Look at the prices on there now. [/color]
sick.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]If you got in 2-3 years ago... You are eating REAL GOOD off gold.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]But I'm just posting about my experiences on purchasing physical gold.... As far as gold stocks and such I have no clue about any of that stuff.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Real talk tho,,, I'm just tryin to inform cats about the pros and cons of this stuff. I'm not tryin to start !%@* with any of you, let's just keep it movin and help0 each other get MONEY. NT stand up.[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/font]
[/font]
[/color][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica]
pimp.gif
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]    
we aint trying to get rich off of it but were trying to make sure yall dont go broke. saving them dollars

Respects for this thread, everything I'm seeing here applies to my economics class it's so interesting.

But you said that silver prices doubled and inflation did't increase 100%. Wouldnt that mean that the real value of silver is increasing too? So it is actually making you money at the same time.
I was looking to invest about 4K this summer. I wasn't even thinking that the value of monet is actually dropping until now. This is definitely something I wouldn't mind putting money in too. Gonna have to do some research it seems.

What sites you guys use to keep track of prices, inflation, interest, etc.?

Respects for this thread, everything I'm seeing here applies to my economics class it's so interesting.

But you said that silver prices doubled and inflation did't increase 100%. Wouldnt that mean that the real value of silver is increasing too? So it is actually making you money at the same time.
I was looking to invest about 4K this summer. I wasn't even thinking that the value of monet is actually dropping until now. This is definitely something I wouldn't mind putting money in too. Gonna have to do some research it seems.

What sites you guys use to keep track of prices, inflation, interest, etc.?

anyways,

you dudes investing in Silver might want to sell pretty soon. the fed annouced today that quantitive easing is going to be stopped, which means the lending rate will likely increase by .25 or so and then, the $ will stablize, and goal/silver bubbles will be popped as the dollar becomes more stable

Don't listen to the media. Gold/Silver aren't bubbles, they want you to think that because they don't want people to get hysterical and start withdrawing ALL of their fund.

So someone explain to me how that is a good investment? The only way you could really PROFIT is if you plan on holding it for 2-3 years at least. And I live in a part of the country where everyone buys gold but no one seems to be selling it.

If you are buying and selling Gold or Silver to make "profit" you're damn idiot. People who buy Gold aren't looking to make a profit. People buy Gold to KEEP IT, if you are treating commodities like trade stocks you need to get out of the market ASAP.

How is it a good investment? What if countries stopped buying FED securities?

anyways,

you dudes investing in Silver might want to sell pretty soon. the fed annouced today that quantitive easing is going to be stopped, which means the lending rate will likely increase by .25 or so and then, the $ will stablize, and goal/silver bubbles will be popped as the dollar becomes more stable

Don't listen to the media. Gold/Silver aren't bubbles, they want you to think that because they don't want people to get hysterical and start withdrawing ALL of their fund.

So someone explain to me how that is a good investment? The only way you could really PROFIT is if you plan on holding it for 2-3 years at least. And I live in a part of the country where everyone buys gold but no one seems to be selling it.

If you are buying and selling Gold or Silver to make "profit" you're damn idiot. People who buy Gold aren't looking to make a profit. People buy Gold to KEEP IT, if you are treating commodities like trade stocks you need to get out of the market ASAP.

How is it a good investment? What if countries stopped buying FED securities?

Lol the highest nominally silver's ever been was around $50 in the 80s and that was cause the market was cornered by the Hunt brothers.  Since silver unlike gold has industrial uses, I really can't see silver even topping $50, producers would not tolerate prices that high.  And I do own a silver mining stock, just being realistic. 

Lol the highest nominally silver's ever been was around $50 in the 80s and that was cause the market was cornered by the Hunt brothers.  Since silver unlike gold has industrial uses, I really can't see silver even topping $50, producers would not tolerate prices that high.  And I do own a silver mining stock, just being realistic. 

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Gold has no industrial uses?
laugh.gif
 It's used in just about every facet as Silver. Do you know why Gold is so valued? It doesn't tarnish or wear out. Plus, Silver has lower values in relation to volume and weight.

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Gold has no industrial uses?
laugh.gif
 It's used in just about every facet as Silver. Do you know why Gold is so valued? It doesn't tarnish or wear out. Plus, Silver has lower values in relation to volume and weight.

i remember dude on nt i talked to advising me to stock up on gold a couple years back but hesitated :/

anyways, i decided to invest back in real estate rather than gold/silver cuz it brings in rental revenue. granted, before all the real estate market bubble bust, etc claims, my area (upper middle class) property prices havent dropped almost at all in the past 20 years so i feel its a safe bet and keeps revenue coming in. i understand real estate is completely dependent on the value of the dollar but curious thoughts on this route over minerals.

i remember dude on nt i talked to advising me to stock up on gold a couple years back but hesitated :/

anyways, i decided to invest back in real estate rather than gold/silver cuz it brings in rental revenue. granted, before all the real estate market bubble bust, etc claims, my area (upper middle class) property prices havent dropped almost at all in the past 20 years so i feel its a safe bet and keeps revenue coming in. i understand real estate is completely dependent on the value of the dollar but curious thoughts on this route over minerals.

I'd rather sit on sneakers.... If you bought a pair of Diamond Dunks 5 years ago for $125 you could sell them today for $550-$600 easy.

That's like a 400% return on investment.... What's a better ROI than that?

I'd rather sit on sneakers.... If you bought a pair of Diamond Dunks 5 years ago for $125 you could sell them today for $550-$600 easy.

That's like a 400% return on investment.... What's a better ROI than that?

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

my boss isn't big on silver, but he copped this back in Oct for $2000 he said. Going see if i can buy it off him.
149t7c4.jpg
price to buy now is like $4,000. unless hes an idiot and gives it to you cheap then your better off trying to buy online.

my boss isn't big on silver, but he copped this back in Oct for $2000 he said. Going see if i can buy it off him.
149t7c4.jpg
price to buy now is like $4,000. unless hes an idiot and gives it to you cheap then your better off trying to buy online.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

149t7c4.jpg
that bar is nice

149t7c4.jpg
that bar is nice

Originally Posted by devildog1776

149t7c4.jpg
that bar is nice
its sexy but it doesnt beat the scottsdale silver 100 oz stackables!

Originally Posted by devildog1776

149t7c4.jpg
that bar is nice
its sexy but it doesnt beat the scottsdale silver 100 oz stackables!

Back
Top Bottom