Signed former Hyundai, current A8 owner

Subaru WRX 5-door. 25 grand. Turbocharged (O-60 under 5 seconds). AWD. Room for gear with the hatch. Put 15 grand back in your pocket.

Good choice, but that 25k number is completely stock. Most of the new ones at the stealership are sticker priced at around 32-35k. My dude just bought a fully loaded one with warranty for 35 :x

id def look into an Acura TL or even the new Accord.. you hav a $40K budget so you have lots of options.

For whatever reason (and I agree, it is stupid) I've always kind of looked down on people who get the base model lux cars (335i, c-class benz)  When I can afford a lux car, I'm getting the A7/A8, 750li, etc.

I understand the entry level models are still awesome cars, and no doubt my Hyundai is garbage compared to them,  but I don't want to get one just to say I have one.
View media item 186474

You leased a Hyundai let alone an Elantra? :lol: :lol:

Da Genisis is more car than you think it is b.

You need to spot focusing on the per month $ amount.

you've already accepted the price for the Genesis as what the dealer quoted you. 

Negotiate the price of the car first.. then you discuss what you want to do, buy or lease

335i is a base model now huh? Your arguement ended right there buddy, you obviously don't know as much as you want to lead on.
Wasn't really an argument, more of a statement.  Put it this way I guess, ANY 3 series beamer is wack.  If i'm going to try and make a statement, i'm not half stepping and getting a 3 series, even though I can afford it.  I obviously don't know much "buddy" (never said i did)  since I'm asking what I can buy with 40k, and for god sakes I push a hyundai elantra

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok taking this at face value...not judging the buy vs lease or anything.

Id look at an acura TL for around that price.
If the elantra is too small i guess that takes a 3 series out of the question
I honestly really like the new camrys as well and the new Prius V (athough hideous on the outside) really reliable and excellent gas milage (but since your leasing im assuming reliability isn't a high priority)

Id say Acura TL.

Lol @ anyone g to telling you to consider Acura...suckers brainwashed by branding..... the Genesis is 3 times more car than youll get with any Acura.

I mean it is a very well liked car...not just branding

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Acura_TL/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Upscale-Midsize-Cars/

and I agree the genesis is a nice car and the cheapest probably on the list in its class
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Luxury-Large-Cars/
"but some reviewers say that its interior lacks the upscale feel of other cars in the class."

but he asked for other comparable options and i think the TL is a great car my friend owns one and i love it.

Last edited:
335i is a base model now huh? Your arguement ended right there buddy, you obviously don't know as much as you want to lead on.

Wasn't really an argument, more of a statement.  Put it this way I guess, ANY 3 series beamer is wack.  If i'm going to try and make a statement, i'm not half stepping and getting a 3 series, even though I can afford it.
It comes down to what do you want? Size, power, etc.., or to stunt. In your case you want to stunt. Of course the 3 series will not suffice unless it's the M3 :pimp:

Last edited:
Ok taking this at face value...not judging the buy vs lease or anything.

Id look at an acura TL for around that price.
If the elantra is too small i guess that takes a 3 series out of the question
I honestly really like the new camrys as well and the new Prius V (athough hideous on the outside) really reliable and excellent gas milage (but since your leasing im assuming reliability isn't a high priority)

Id say Acura TL.

Lol @ anyone g to telling you to consider Acura...suckers brainwashed by branding..... the Genesis is 3 times more car than youll get with any Acura.

I mean it is a very well liked car...not just branding

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Acura_TL/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Upscale-Midsize-Cars/

and I agree the genesis is a nice car and the cheapest probably on the list in its class
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Luxury-Large-Cars/
"but some reviewers say that its interior lacks the upscale feel of other cars in the class."

but he asked for other comparable options and i think the TL is a great car my friend owns one and i love it.

To each their own... but really they have NOTHING left to offer a serious driving enthusiast.

Acura makes streamlined snoozmobiles that try to appeal to too many demographics at once... I mean a sunroof in EVERY car ? you mean to tell me mr dealershipman if I dont want a sunroof I have to pay EXTRA ?? and wait for a special ordered car ? ... what not a single V8 option in the lineup..... Not one turbo 6 ... not one RWD .... no thanks.

As far as daily drivers go I cant complain, but I do feel like theyre a perfect example of why car have become so boring. You know the old addage "something that tries to be good at everything, excels in nothing"

If you can afford a $500 lease you can afford a $500-650 lease on a BMW 5-Series. You might have to put about 5k down but you'll have much more room in the vehicle for your children.

A6.
You're welcome
Dem new A6's r
nthat.gif

Wasn't really an argument, more of a statement.  Put it this way I guess, ANY 3 series beamer is wack.  If i'm going to try and make a statement, i'm not half stepping and getting a 3 series, even though I can afford it.  I obviously don't know much "buddy" (never said i did)  since I'm asking what I can buy with 40k, and for god sakes I push a hyundai elantra
laugh.gif

To answer ur question about q5/q7 their nice cars... Really like the styling but the driving characteristics r nothin to write home about

4runner?

The Genesis is a nice car

If you wanted to save a little I'd take a look at a loaded Kia Optima

Back
Top Bottom