Signed former Hyundai, current A8 owner

My lease for my Hyundai Elantra will be up in January.  Got a text from the Sales Manager @ the dealership this morning wanting me to get out of my lease early, so it got me thinking.

Here is what he offered me for the Genesis:

1k down (includes first payment)

$489 a month for 36 months

MSRP of car is $40,085.00

With two kids within the past two years, the Elantra isn't big enough.  Anything else I can lease for 40k?  The car is super nice, but for whatever reason, I can't justify spending 40k on a Hyundai.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you buy a car for half the price?
I was afraid this would turn into a buy vs. lease thread...

I love getting new cars every three years, I have been leasing ever since I was 18 (25 now)  I blame it on my personality, I get bored of things very very fast.  Sure, it ends up costing me $$ and arguably isn't "financially smart", but I can afford it so why not.

Also, I have major potential to get a company car within the next 5 years, so I don't want to lock myself into a car loan that would be hard to get out of.

try going to 2 or 3 additional dealers and see what they have on the lot in your price range and satisfies the needs of your family. Maybe you should be looking for an SUV or full size sedan instead of mid size.

Last edited:
This.

I see people leasing these joints all the time
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Leasing a Hyundai?
I don't understand the question.

I could EASILY live outside of my means and get approved to lease an Audi A7 for example (would love to) but I would rather get something more manageable.

What type of car,are you looking for op...you know summer is coming up those jeep Rubicons are pretty nice

If youre willing to lease a 40k car you have many diff options. Just sayin. Do you though. 500 a month on a Hyundai?

If youre willing to lease a 40k car you have many diff options. Just sayin. Do you though. 500 a month on a Hyundai?
And that is why I made the thread, to see what options I have.  I've been lurking for a while (a good six years) and NT has knowledge that I don't.  I agree, Like I said I can't justify $500 a month on a Hyundai. 

Well this is dependent on a lot of factors.

I'm assuming you getting out of lease early is specially thru your dealer because they offered to you?

You can just go to anyone can you?

I'm assuming your dealer is Hyundai only?

What other options do you have.
Don't have my heart set on getting out of my lease early.  The sales rep just got me thinking is all.

And that is why I made the thread, to see what options I have.  I've been lurking for a while (a good six years) and NT has knowledge that I don't.  I agree, Like I said I can't justify $500 a month on a Hyundai. 

Ok gotcha. Thatd be wild.

Ok taking this at face value...not judging the buy vs lease or anything.

Id look at an acura TL for around that price.
If the elantra is too small i guess that takes a 3 series out of the question
I honestly really like the new camrys as well and the new Prius V (athough hideous on the outside) really reliable and excellent gas milage (but since your leasing im assuming reliability isn't a high priority)

Id say Acura TL.

Why not go for a low-end Audi, like A3?
For whatever reason (and I agree, it is stupid) I've always kind of looked down on people who get the base model lux cars (335i, c-class benz)  When I can afford a lux car, I'm getting the A7/A8, 750li, etc.

I understand the entry level models are still awesome cars, and no doubt my Hyundai is garbage compared to them,  but I don't want to get one just to say I have one.

I honestly really like the new camrys as well and the new Prius V (athough hideous on the outside) really reliable and excellent gas milage (but since your leasing im assuming reliability isn't a high priority)

Id say Acura TL.
thanks for the feedback! i'll look into the Acura

How much you paying right now for your car?

And your debating about dropping loot on a Hyundai
laugh.gif
some people like entry level cars ain't nothing wrong with it
laugh.gif
Put $475 down on a 36 month lease, paying $215 a month.  Doesn't get much cheaper than that, I spend at least double on shoes per month
laugh.gif

$500 per month is a lot for any vehicle, especially for one that you will never own. You on the right track with Hyundai, and ownship just makes more sense in the long run since they have the 100K mile warranty.

I would find a certified, used auto at 27-30K and pay it off in 36 months. Keeping it another 3 years would put 16K plus in your pocket, and you'll have a reliable vehicle plus a company car.

I've never seen the point in renting cars from dealerships. I'd rather be comfortable with one less bill to worry about.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I was afraid this would turn into a buy vs. lease thread...

I love getting new cars every three years, I have been leasing ever since I was 18 (25 now)  I blame it on my personality, I get bored of things very very fast.  Sure, it ends up costing me $$ and arguably isn't "financially smart", but I can afford it so why not.

Also, I have major potential to get a company car within the next 5 years, so I don't want to lock myself into a car loan that would be hard to get out of.

He's not interesting in owning a car

Last edited:
TL would be your best bet. Wait for the new Q50 or whatever the new G sedan is called.

Honestly, the new Accords are tough as hell. I would cop.

Id say Acura TL.

Lol @ anyone g to telling you to consider Acura...suckers brainwashed by branding..... the Genesis is 3 times more car than youll get with any Acura.

Subaru WRX 5-door. 25 grand. Turbocharged (O-60 under 5 seconds). AWD. Room for gear with the hatch. Put 15 grand back in your pocket.

Back
Top Bottom