Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Exhaust leak and brakes? Man that's 150 if u got a dude in thenhood that can work on cars
He sounds just like my uncle man. He bought a car brand new 06 and the second he paid it off started talking about how he wanted a new one and just kept using the dumbest rationale "Oh the upholstery is falling off the roof, the passenger side window switch is unresponsive from time to time, the seats are dirty" Dude went out and bought a new car and just started the cycle of debt over again.

Mind you I own THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL of that car, and you know what I did? Window switch went bad? Went to the junkyard and bought one for $12 and put it in myself. Upholstery is falling off, that costs 100$. Got my seats cleaned, etc etc etc. People just want to stunt too badly for no good reason.

The brakes need to be replaced? AH MAN WHAT A LEMON. When your next car needs an oil change, just go ahead and drive it into a lake.
laugh.gif
No no no
laugh.gif

But my 4runner is rundown. I need a whip by tomorrow/this week. 4runner is done, man.
That may very well be the case, but you're just trying too hard to rationalize over extending yourself and putting yourself in more debt that you need to be in just to have what you consider to be a "nice car". Your car is a tool above all else, a means to get from point A to point B. BE PRACTICAL 

1300 a month u need to stay far away from a car note. One thing goes wrong u done doggy. Take 2 bands, flip the 4 runner for a stack cop a shooter

He sounds just like my uncle man. He bought a car brand new 06 and the second he paid it off started talking about how he wanted a new one and just kept using the dumbest rationale "Oh the upholstery is falling off the roof, the passenger side window switch is unresponsive from time to time, the seats are dirty" Dude went out and bought a new car and just started the cycle of debt over again.

Mind you I own THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL of that car, and you know what I did? Window switch went bad? Went to the junkyard and bought one for $12 and put it in myself. Upholstery is falling off, that costs 100$. Got my seats cleaned, etc etc etc. People just want to stunt too badly for no good reason.
That may very well be the case, but you're just trying too hard to rationalize over extending yourself and putting yourself in more debt that you need to be in just to have what you consider to be a "nice car". Your car is a tool above all else, a means to get from point A to point B. BE PRACTICAL 

I understand what your saying, I really do but it's time for a new vehicle. With all the money I spent into getting this vehicle fixed I coulda' bought my desired vehicle straight up, already. It's just the circumstances and current situation I'm in. After paying $350 for a new alternator and labor for it. I'm done with this vehicle. It's not gonna suck anymore money outta me anymore. Nope.

I want an honest answer to this one, OP: why can't you just buy a cheap, reliable, FWD car? I'm talking like Nissan Sentra/Mid-2000 Hyundai status.

I want an honest answer to this one, OP: why can't you just buy a cheap, reliable, FWD car? I'm talking like Nissan Sentra/Mid-2000 Hyundai status.

Aside from Cadillacs, FWD automatics are garbage.
Elaborate.

FWD cars don't work well with automatic transmissions because you are trying to stuff a bunch of automated and moving parts into a very small space. A RWD setup allows for more space and you don't have the added burden of all the power going to a trans axle mounted to the turning wheels.

The 4t80 used in 90s Cadillacs and a few Buicks and Pontiacs is about the only fwd automatic ****** that isn't made of glass. This is due to the large size of the cars they're in which allows for a larger transmission than most fwd's and the fact its the heavy duty last development stage in a line of transmission that GM has had in production since the late 70's.

Aside from Cadillacs, FWD automatics are garbage.
Elaborate.

FWD cars don't work well with automatic transmissions because you are trying to stuff a bunch of automated and moving parts into a very small space. A RWD setup allows for more space and you don't have the added burden of all the power going to a trans axle mounted to the turning wheels.

The 4t80 used in 90s Cadillacs and a few Buicks and Pontiacs is about the only fwd automatic ****** that isn't made of glass. This is due to the large size of the cars they're in which allows for a larger transmission than most fwd's and the fact its the heavy duty last development stage in a line of transmission that GM has had in production since the late 70's.
This is all fine and dandy.  I'm not gonna argue the FWD vs. RWD point.  However, OP lives in New England, insists on AWD, and is virtually broke.  Speaking from experience: I drove two automatic Nissan Altimas prior to purchasing my first car that were pretty much bulletproof (first one was totaled in an accident).  Anecdotal evidence? Absolutely.  However, this dude just needs a car to get by while he gets his life together.  Buying a cheap, FWD car seems like the ticket.

You want an AWD car so bad?  Hell...get a Subaru.  My main point is that buying any sort of luxury car in his position is beyond stupid.  You really think that Jag is a wiser purchase than a Mid-2000s Sentra with low miles?

Subarus in OP's price range are surprisingly unreliable and their Boxer engines aren't easy or inexpensive to work on.

He'd honestly probably be better off with the Jag :lol:

that lex GS got bad gas mileage

wont be no diff than ya old 4 runner an it takes premium

Back
Top Bottom