Shortest job/employment you've had - you weren't the person they should have hired.

Like 2 months at a call center that conducted surveys. Made like 5-7 hundred calls a day and got 1-2 complete surveys
indifferent.gif
Asked if I could get time off to go camping, they said no, I went campingand then never came in again. 4 different managers called and left messages, that place was desperate.

Only time I ever bailed on a job like this was last summer when I was interviewing for an internship with Enterprise.

Passed the first interview, then she started telling me about the job talkin about I'll make $8.50/hour and work 40 hours a week at a desk. I was supposedto meet with the district and regional manager the next day and just didn't show up
tired.gif

Stayed waiting tables at $2.65 + tips and averaged around $13/hour cash.

Me, 1 month.

I remember my 2nd job where a dude left mid !$+* on his first shift.
Dude was like " +#!% this" and dipped.

You'll ususally see that with jobs that don't require resumes.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

1 day @ Vector. It was like the orientation day. Went around with other people and saw what they were doing...Did not call back or show up again. Techinally, I wasnt employed but still.

Terrible job but a decent lil hustle though if you know what you're doing. But yea when I was done I just never showed up or called again. I don'tthink they fire %!+!$% though, like honest to God if I came in with a couple completed orders tomorrow (worked there in back 07) manager would probably be like
grin.gif
eyes.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

what really set dude off was when i asked them if the money was that good and there was no real expierence needed then what type of car was he driving and what type of house did he have from making that vector money. dude tried to change the subject and dodge those questions.

i still remember people from school getting suckered in talkin about how they were going to be makin money and gettin paid and actually buying those stupid knifes
laugh.gif
Funny thing is my manager was actually leasing a Maserati, son was a douche though.

And aint nothin stupid about them knives, I still got mine. Best 150 I ever spent.
roll.gif

Best thing about Vector was that sole proprietor income tax form. MAD government refunds.

why did homeboy leave google?

but i left my baseball coaching job for my job at the zoo and have gotten a promotion since then...making $16.05 now...definitely made the right move...stillwanna get back to coaching now though....

Originally Posted by Late80s

2 days. worked at training camp(sneaker store) as a cashier, i accidentally pressed cash back on someone credit purchase. my manager called like 2 other storsw to ask what to do. you give them the cash back from the register doofus. i told him to chill out , you just give him the cash. he yelled at me in front on the customer and i lost it. called him every name in the book. granted i made a mistake but it was fixable and he yelled at me in front of a customer. you dont do that. shorted the register $50 bucks, kicked over a stack of shoes, and hit up a happy hour.

eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I worked for 3 weeks at a bakery when I was like 15 or 16...it was my first paying job. I was a damn mess...

they had a policy that you could only take home the day old baked goods...i'd usually say #!*% it and take all the fresh stuff. They weren't too happy about that.

what led me to getting "dismissed" was how I would handle special ordered cakes. For some reason I could NEVER get them out of the fridge without my thumbs going in the back of the cakes. I would show customers the cakes (front only) but when they would get home, there would be two big $## holes in the back. Needless to say after NUMEROUS complaints about holes in the back of the cakes, I was let go....

yeah...that was my first and only time working around food
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

worked at the ritz carlton in the restaurant as a food runner ****tiest job ever. Went to 2 shifts...half way through my second shift i said i was going to usethe bathroom and peaced...never called or went back.

Originally Posted by Late80s

2 days. worked at training camp(sneaker store) as a cashier, i accidentally pressed cash back on someone credit purchase. my manager called like 2 other storsw to ask what to do. you give them the cash back from the register doofus. i told him to chill out , you just give him the cash. he yelled at me in front on the customer and i lost it. called him every name in the book. granted i made a mistake but it was fixable and he yelled at me in front of a customer. you dont do that. shorted the register $50 bucks, kicked over a stack of shoes, and hit up a happy hour.

you seem like a classy lady

small independent furniture distributor..basically either loaded or unloaded furniture off and on trucks all day.. I got laid off, due to being the "mostrecent" hired in the last few months when rough times came.. Funny thing is, I actually had seniority over like 5 dudes that were there..

I worked at Academy Sports and Outdoor for a month because I needed spending money to go outta town lol and when I got back I got fired even though they gaveme the days off. Its not my fault yall were short-handed and yall gave me the days off already. My flight was booked and its dumb to fire a person for goinoutta when you're already short-handed as it is.

Worked at Target over the summer for 3 check periods.

I would take like 30 min breaks randomly in between my shifts. I'd just go sit in the restroom stall and get on my cellphone.
Got caught once and told my boss I had IBS which is why I'm always in here. He felt bad afterwards and was like ok, just inform me when you're going tothe restroom.

They tried to make me work on my birthday and work the day I was scheduled to come back from N.O. which was days I had already requested off. Needless to say Ididn't do it.

I was supposed to work the day Madden came out and we can only make purchases before/after work or on our break.
I bought Madden right before my shift started and went and signed in, left and went home, played like two games and came back. (I literally walked to targetfrom my house in 2 mins)
Went back to work and my boss radio'd me on the walkie talkie, when I came in he was like "Yeah, we're going to have to let you go"
I was like "Ok, my bad" He said "How's Madden by the way", Told him "It's dope, you should come play on you're break"

Haven't been back since.

3 hours as a door to door salesmen
happy.gif
, when I got the job they didn'ttell me what I would be doing, I came in to work then they told me, as we were out they did a "on job interview" and the supervisor didn't likehim so she brought him back and that's when I told them this wasn't for me and left

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

3 hours as a door to door salesmen
happy.gif
, when I got the job they didn't tell me what I would be doing, I came in to work then they told me, as we were out they did a "on job interview" and the supervisor didn't like him so she brought him back and that's when I told them this wasn't for me and left
I did door to door cable sales and that %*%* is $$$$$$$$ made my own schedule, got salary plus commission
pimp.gif
if you can deal with rejection and actually work for a decent company it's agood job

BK @ the mall food court for a weekend, I got the call from Nike and on my first day I had to work @ BK so 30mins before my shift I walk up to them (BK) in myNike uniform and told em "I got a better job I quit."

Back in high school I got a job at McDonalds. Day 1 of training I left my uniform on the table at first break and left- just wasn't the job for me. Heardthe other day though that Micky D's gen. managers pull over 100k, still couldn't do it.

embarassed.gif
I worked in a plastic plant for 6 hrs.

I was supposed to work 8-8. There was an operator who would sit on a stool and press a button for the machine to roll a bunch of plastic around a pipe. I wouldtake the roll off, wrap in plastic, and load onto a pallet, and repeat. When the pallet was full, I would label it and wrap the pallet in plastic for theforklift guy. It was non stop and the rolls were heavy. We would have to use a steel pipe to put in the middle of the roll to gain leverage in order to set therolls upright.

The operator would walk off sometimes from the machine. Sometimes he would come back with a DR. Pepper, sometimes he would come back with papers saying whatsize rolls we were to be making, color, etc. One time this dude gets up and leaves and doesnt come back for about 30 min. I go find him in the breakroom. Bythe time I find him about 40 min has passed. I found out he was on LUNCH. He didn't even tell me. I end up with about twenty minutes for lunch. I go backto work. About 2 he says lets take a 15 minute break.

I was tired. My shirt was completely soaked in sweat. It was hot as hell in that place. I walked to my car and left. I got hired by a temp agency and wasgetting paid 7.00 an hr with the temp ageny getting 1.00 out of that so I was really getting six. We have to pay for the drug test out of our check and a backbrace and goggles. I found out that any money I made was going to go towards that and that there may even be a small balance. Never heard from them again.
My emotions=
tired.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
embarassed.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
now
laugh.gif

One hot %++ day in NYC summer as one of those Green Peace hecklers. Acutally, my troop went to Jersey, Elizabethtown, or something, #@%% jersey.

But anyway, I thought I did good. I met my week's quota on my first day on the job thanks to a wealthy black man who empathized with me out there on thestreet. Son didn't even care about the environment all that much from what he told me, but wanted to make sure I was "keeping a straight andnarrow."

Anyway, I get back to the office located at Hotel Pennsylvania and dudes call me into the office. I forget why they let me go to be honest, but I think I mightknow why. In the morning, everyone was trying to psych themselves up. All of them were pretty giddy, and whatnot. I was chillin on the side, keeping to myself,with a scoul that only a angry black man in the morning can make. Seriously though, it was 8:00 in the freaking morning, I'm not putting my hands in andjumping up and down like a cheerleader.

mad.gif
Getting me tight thinking about it because I went back for my check the next week and I made $95 for 6 hours. I probably would have died out there had Iworked the whole summer though. Oh yea, even more upsetting, this year I get a letter about a class action lawsuit against the organization. I was entitled tolike $10 though. A whole summer would have been CAKE.

Moo & Oink they made me "special" holiday hrs aroung the 4th of July so im a bagger & overstock(putting things back left at the register) gotmy check for 3 days & never showed my face again

Back
Top Bottom