Shaq disses the Miami Heat; Riley not happy about it (Update: Shaq takes shot a KG)

[h4]Shaq says Kobe MVP, puts Stoudemire ahead of Garnett[/h4]
When asked for his thoughts on the MVP race, Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal didn't hesitate.

"The Kobester," he said, referencing his old teammate and occasional foil, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers. "He's anassassin, with LeBron [James] coming in right behind. After that, I really haven't been paying attention."

So some brave soul raised the possibility that the guy across the hall in TD Banknorth Garden - Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett -- might be in the discussion as well. O'Neal shook his head. Noway.

"I'm going to have to go with my guy before him," he said, motioning to teammate Amare Stoudemire's locker. "All day, every day. Garnettdoesn't play defense".

[h4]
Shaq takes swipe at Riley and Heat for making him scapegoat
[/h4]
The once-blissful marriage between Shaquille O'Neal and Pat Riley endedbadly. As their championship core crumbled, so did their relationship. MiamiHeat officials believe Shaq quit on them and point to his chronic hip problems that prevented him from playing in Miami but have not stopped himfrom averaging 29.3 minutes a night with the Phoenix Suns. Conversely, Shaq believes Riley quit on him and saddled him with the blame for the franchise'simplosion.

"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I thinkI'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."

O'Neal's comments were met with silence out of Miami yesterday.

"I know what they said about me," Shaq said. "Grant [Hill] called me up and told me, 'They said you don't want to play no more.'I understand being the scapegoat comes with being the superstar. When it all goes right, you get the credit. And when it doesn't . . . I guess this is whatyou get. I can accept being the scapegoat when we do things my way and they don't work out. But when you have no control how things are handled,and you are still the scapegoat, I don't go for that."

[h4]
Riley responds to O'Neal trashing Heat: "It's sad"
[/h4]
NEW YORK (AP)-Pat Riley can't understand why Shaquille O'Neal keeps talking about the Miami Heat.

Riley responded to O'Neal's criticisms Wednesday with some of his own, saying his former center was wrong to disparage some of his old teammates andtrainers in a Boston Globe story.

"It's sad that he says those things. We shared so much here, together, for three years, good and bad, 3 1/2 years," Riley said, referringspecifically to the Heat's 2006 NBA title. "I just think it's sad that he's got to do that."

Riley dealt O'Neal to Phoenix before the trade deadline, allowing the 36-year-old center the chance to compete for another title instead of stickingaround Miami for a last-place finish. O'Neal made it clear how much he prefers his new teammates.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know whatto do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'mactually on a team again."

Riley said he doesn't have "anything but good feelings for Shaq" and wasn't bothered by any criticism leveled at him. But hesaid O'Neal has no reason to blame anyone else in the organization for his unhappiness.

"When you're 9-40, we're all frustrated. I mean everybody's at fault, we all were. Everybody was feeling bad and nobody wants that,"Riley said.

"He didn't want to be there, he didn't want to play for that kind of situation, 35 years old. He wanted to go to a contender and we sent himthere. We sent him to Utopia and we're left here with the carnage and I don't know why he's not happy."

Riley also defended the work of veteran trainer Ron Culp and the team's medical staff, saying O'Neal was out of line to speak poorly of them.

"It's really a shame that he would insult those people like that because they gave him care. They cared," Riley said. "They didn'tkiss his butt. They cared about him.

"He can do whatever he wants to do to me. That's OK, I don't care. But those men, they tried. … That upsets me more than anything."

I like Shaq but he takes an "L" on this one.
indifferent.gif
at Shaqsaying KG does not play defense, because we all know Shaq's been a defensive force his whole career
eyes.gif

and yall get mad when a certain nba player threw his teammates under the bus for legitimate reasons yet the diesel gets a pass?
eyes.gif

Shaq is always a jerk to his past team, no matter what...He just wants to make it everybody's fault but his, in all the situations(Orlando, LA, Heat)

It won't b 2 long b4 he falls out with the suns... dude has done this his whole career left orlando and praised LA... he left LA and dissed kobe, phil, andthe organization 4 2yrs while he rackin wins up n miami, now he goes 2 the suns and disses the heat dude is a joke

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

eek.gif
smh.gif

jackson_150.jpg

Come on Shaq. You're better than that.

It won't b 2 long b4 he falls out with the suns... dude has done this his whole career left orlando and praised LA... he left LA and dissed kobe, phil, andthe organization 4 2yrs while he rackin wins up n miami, now he goes 2 the suns and disses the heat dude is a joke

Originally Posted by Ronald0

and yall get mad when a certain nba player threw his teammates under the bus for legitimate reasons yet the diesel gets a pass?
eyes.gif

Shaq gets a pass with anything he does.

He +$@+@!+ about the Heat sucking and not doing anything for him yet he never gave anywhere near 100% when he was in Miami.

Now he's playing for one of the best teams in the NBA and all of a sudden he's back at 100% within a week because of their team doctors
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kash55

Shaq is always a jerk to his past team, no matter what...He just wants to make it everybody's fault but his, in all the situations(Orlando, LA, Heat)

True story.

That's why I've never liked dude, personally.

Shaq's attitude has always been the same, he's like a tick, he sucks everything he can't get out of the organization (wins, championships, MONEY)and then moves on leaving a sore and eventually badmouthing everyone who helped him get where he is. He is losing what little respect I had left for himbecause of the titles he brought to LA.

Well, has Shaq been an exemplary teammate? Does he show up in shape every season? Dude should have kept his mouth shut. He's in a better situation, andthere is no need to add salt to the wounds. Everyone knows that Miami has had it bad....even if those ARE your feelings, there isn't any point to throwguys like Chris Quinn or even Ricky Davis under the bus.

No Shaq HAS NEVER been an exemplary teammate, but yet he gets all the praise wherever he goes and none of the blame.
smh.gif
If some of yall still believe Bean"forced" Shaq out of LA. The Lakers probably got tired of putting up with his fecal matter all the time.

classic shaq throwing other people under the bus and not looking in the mirror at his own fat $!#.

This comes as a complete surprise.

Shaq has never done anything like this before, trash his old team after leaving.

He had nothing but good, positive things to say about Penny and the Magic when he left for the Lakers.

He had nothing but constructive, nice things to say about the Lakers and Kobe when he left for the Heat.

Yet now he's bashing the Heat.

Completely out of character for him.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom