***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Burriss broke a bone in his foot and I think he just had surgery on it last Friday. He's listed as out indefinitely, probably out for the season.

^When was that picture taken and what was the significance of it?
the or with sanchez and the rest if yr
pitchers. I don't recall seeing it before.

Yea Burriss is done for the year.

Zach Duke is not a bad pitcher but I'd rather get two bats instead. Freddie Sanchez, although a good hitter (over .300 for most of his career I believe) isnot going to save our offense.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Yea Burriss is done for the year.

Zach Duke is not a bad pitcher but I'd rather get two bats instead. Freddie Sanchez, although a good hitter (over .300 for most of his career I believe) is not going to save our offense.

yea I'm not sold on Sanchez at all

We need to take advantage to Sandoval being able to play 3B and 1st

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by kixofrinic

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

What happened between Alfonzo and Bengi?

Alphonso broke the catchers "unwritten rule" when he attempted to pick him off at 2nd. He was hott for a minute too
laugh.gif
thats an unwritten rule that Catchers cant throw out other catchers?
laugh.gif
Yessir, lol it was obviously a big deal too. I think Bengie was mad cuz he was caught so off guard and had to slide back into 2nd
laugh.gif

[h3]UPDATE: Giants cautiously eye bats[/h3]Tim Lincecum hears that the Giants are buyers, but is concerned it'll mess up team chemistry. "Right now, I think we're really meshing well with the team we have. To make significant movement like that [for a big bat], it might mess up the chemistry of the team." Last week, GM Brian Sabean said: "The flip side of that is we haven't been to the playoffs since 2003, we've had four losing seasons, and do you want to, I don't want to say 'waste,' but do you want to forgo an opportunity? "Because of our pitching staff, anything could happen possibly if we get in."

"#%## the chemistry," I say, score some damn runs.

P.S. Dave Fleming is a really cool dude.

you had a run in with dave?or something he said on radio/tv?

either way, dave does seem like a chill dude. i would say all the giants announcers sound like chill dudes
pimp.gif

Met him and his family yesterday through my work.

I wish Jon Miller was my grandfather. Can you imagine the stories he'd share???

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Miller could make a rain delay exciting
pimp.gif

And does anybody think we can catch the Dodgers at the pace their using their bullpen?

i think the giants best chance of catching the dodgers was during mannys suspension. Imo the giants have a harder schedule during the second half than thedodgers, but anything can happen.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

jon miller
pimp.gif

All of are announcers
pimp.gif

PS JT Snow is growing on me
smile.gif

i think the giants best chance of catching the dodgers was during mannys suspension. Imo the giants have a harder schedule during the second half than the dodgers, but anything can happen.

True. Sooner or later both teams will struggle witch ever team gets out of the slump first comes out on top.

i predict a world series if not playoff run

WS? Calm down take a deep breath lest not get carried away

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Met him and his family yesterday through my work.

I wish Jon Miller was my grandfather. Can you imagine the stories he'd share???
I agree about Jon Miller. He tells baseball so vividly through the radio and all the stories he shares. Great knowledge. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom