Seems like John Hollinger knows more than most of NT'ers: LEBRON vs MJ

He also is clearly the best player in the league and, at 24, appears to have several more years of this caliber ahead of him. So this summer might be a fair time to start asking how many MVP awards, scoring titles, championships, etc., he can earn. And that, inevitably, will lead to comparisons with the only perimeter player in history who can rival his accomplishments at this age -- Jordan.

That is, if anybody can shut up about 2010 for five seconds.

LeBron is only labeled a perimeter player due to starting lineup constraints.

It's laughable to compare a guy with no outside shot (although that doesn't stop him from hoisting 4+ 3-pt FG's per night) with the man whoperfected the long-range fadeaway. In all seriousness, LeBron might have the worst outside shot out of all perimeter players in the NBA.

The fact that he's still factors into the discussion of GOAT just shows how dominant he is at getting to the basket - gives a new meaning to the phrase"at will". Although how much of LeBron's dominance is due to questionable moves like his patented crab step? I can live with LeBron neverdeveloping an outside shot, but seeing him crab step all over the paint makes Cavs game unwatchable.

I got another one. Both were rumored to be interested in going to NY when their contract was up. Only time will tell if LBJ actually goes

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

It's laughable to compare a guy with no outside shot (although that doesn't stop him from hoisting 4+ 3-pt FG's per night) with the man who perfected the long-range fadeaway. In all seriousness, LeBron might have the worst outside shot out of all perimeter players in the NBA.

The fact that he's still factors into the discussion of GOAT just shows how dominant he is at getting to the basket - gives a new meaning to the phrase "at will". Although how much of LeBron's dominance is due to questionable moves like his patented crab step? I can live with LeBron never developing an outside shot, but seeing him crab step all over the paint makes Cavs game unwatchable.

C/S.
Kobe's still a better all-around better player than he is.

I mean, I like Bron, but how are you going to tell me he's the best player in the league when his jumper STILL isn't as good as it should be.
I mean for goodness sakes, he's shooting 29.8% from beyond the ark
sick.gif
.Hos outside jumper is simply not up to par with alot of people in the NBA.

Now, the fact that even with this, he's so big, strong, and fast, that he can get to the hoop at will is amazing.
You can talk about him traveling, but I don't the NBA is really going to start calling him for that.
and if they don't call players for that, it never happened.
Traveling is so wide-spread in the NBA, it's ridiculous
smh.gif
(but this is an entirely different issue all together)

Bron and MJ aren't comparable at all anyway.
Bron plays the 3, MJ played the 2.

Bron is probably the greatest athlete I have ever seen play the game of basketball.
His athletic skills won't diminish for some time, but what happens when he hits his early 30s and his athleticism isn't there?
He'll still be a good player, but MJ perfected the fade away j when his athletic skills starting decreasing, it'll be interesting to see if LeBron cando the same.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

when Lebron gets at least 2 of these

jordanrings00nike-1.jpg

i might, MIGHT put him in the same paragraph, never the same sentence though.

Oh yeah this dude Hollinger is a bum.

If I'm not mistaken, he had Kobe 4th in MVP voting last year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is the same dude that said Manu Ginobli is better than Kobe
The same dude that PRAISED tmac for carrying a *#*! $+! team in 03 to the 6th seed in the East.
When Kobe did the same thing in 05-06, he wanted to give the MVP to KG
eek.gif
roll.gif

Leading your team straight to the lottery def. does deserve MVP talk right?
eyes.gif

They're is only so much you can take from stats and all of John Hollinger's arguements are 100% stat driven.
Dude looks like he's never touched a basketball in his life
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

It's laughable to compare a guy with no outside shot (although that doesn't stop him from hoisting 4+ 3-pt FG's per night) with the man who perfected the long-range fadeaway. In all seriousness, LeBron might have the worst outside shot out of all perimeter players in the NBA.

The fact that he's still factors into the discussion of GOAT just shows how dominant he is at getting to the basket - gives a new meaning to the phrase "at will". Although how much of LeBron's dominance is due to questionable moves like his patented crab step? I can live with LeBron never developing an outside shot, but seeing him crab step all over the paint makes Cavs game unwatchable.

C/S.
Kobe's still a better all-around better player than he is.

I mean, I like Bron, but how are you going to tell me he's the best player in the league when his jumper STILL isn't as good as it should be.
I mean for goodness sakes, he's shooting 29.8% from beyond the ark
sick.gif
. Hos outside jumper is simply not up to par with alot of people in the NBA.

Now, the fact that even with this, he's so big, strong, and fast, that he can get to the hoop at will is amazing.
You can talk about him traveling, but I don't the NBA is really going to start calling him for that.
and if they don't call players for that, it never happened.
Traveling is so wide-spread in the NBA, it's ridiculous
smh.gif
(but this is an entirely different issue all together)

Bron and MJ aren't comparable at all anyway.
Bron plays the 3, MJ played the 2.

Bron is probably the greatest athlete I have ever seen play the game of basketball.
His athletic skills won't diminish for some time, but what happens when he hits his early 30s and his athleticism isn't there?
He'll still be a good player, but MJ perfected the fade away j when his athletic skills starting decreasing, it'll be interesting to see if LeBron can do the same.
Shaq and Tim Duncan were the best players in the NBA at points in time and they couldn't shoot from deep either.

If you can get to the hole at will you shouldn't be shooting jumpers anyways.

I hate Hollinger and his stupid PER rating, he thinks he's God for creating it. *@%% him.

People were comparing the wrong player for a "long" time? Lebron hasn't been on this level for the past 6 years, so that's why we comparedKobe. Dude makes it sound like no one was hyping up LeBron just because he wasn't getting compared to Jordan. LeBron was being compared to God when he cameout of high school, he wasn't being slighted in any way.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Shaq and Tim Duncan were the best players in the NBA at points in time and they couldn't shoot from deep either.

But Shaq and Duncan are post players.
They're not supposed to shoot from deep.
and Duncan's glass j is $$$, idk what you're talking about.

I'm not saying that's bad(that LeBron scores a majority of his buckets in the paint), by all means any way you can get them, you do it.
If no one can stop Bron going to the basket, than why should he stop?

I'm not saying that's bad(that LeBron scores a majority of his buckets in the paint), by all means any way you can get them, you do it.

I hear what your saying BUT the point I'm trying to make is that if you can't stop him, post player or not he does have to shoot good from deep to bethe best player in the NBA.

Basketball isn't a skills competition.

No, but to be compared to MJ he would have to be able to "shoot good from deep". This isn't a debate about whether or not LeBron is the best inthe league, its about whether or not he should be compared to Jordan.

I hear what your saying BUT the point I'm trying to make is that if you can't stop him, post player or not he does have to shoot good from deep to be the best player in the NBA.

Basketball isn't a skills competition.

You would never compare Shaq/Duncan to MJ though.

smh.gif
@ this dude pimping PER, the stat formula he invented.. He probably hopes that by constantly mentioning it, it becomes some kind of an official stat likethe NFL quarterback rating, and the NBA will have to pay him royalties..

I friggin hate these formula stats.. Anyone can make one to make their favorite player look good.

Wait though, MJ wasn't a great 3pt shooter @ 24.

Actually LBJ was better at it. LOL

James shooting is that bad though? Just because his shooting isn't like Ray Allen, doesn't mean he's not the best ALL-AROUND,

because there are many other aspects of basketball.

They are so different in style of play.

Even Kobe and MJ have many differences, but they are still compared.

That shows how far apart Lebron and MJ really are, in terms of how they play the game.

This is like comparing a Quarterback and a Linebacker...The two are just too different. The reason why Kobe and MJ got compared to much is because Kobe did thesame moves as MJ early in his career.

This is a fair comparison IMO, Lebron is maybe the best 24 year old player I have ever seen play, with the exception of maybe Magic. Ive never seen someonetake a team as bad as the Cavs as far as Lebron has taken that team. Just look at how sorry that team is and look at how many games they won. There arent manyplayers that could have carried that team to the finals

LeBron will never be on MJs level. I don't care how good LeBron is. He just won't.

Kobe can score at will,he has a jumpshot,can drive and he shoots 3pointer well. Lebron seems to score right now off of athleticism.
I cant see Lebron scoring 81 ponts in a game. I could imagine MJ scoring 81 points.

bron bron will never on MJ level period. He not even better than Kobe. Kobe always light up "king James" everytime they plays head to head. And hisd's is overrated too. He still can't plays 1 on 1 d's. Kobe could locks the other team star down. This is coming from a kobe hater too, but Kobe isthe closest thing to MJ thou.

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

bron bron will never on MJ level period. He not even better than Kobe. Kobe always light up "king James" everytime they plays head to head. And his d's is overrated too. He still can't plays 1 on 1 d's. Kobe could locks the other team star down. This is coming from a kobe hater too, but Kobe is the closest thing to MJ thou.
Naw, Cleveland has had the upper hand vs. the Lakers for the last couple of seasons I think.
I want the Celtics in June(assuming we make it that far), but I'd LOVE to see a Cavs/Lakers final too
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom