Seattle SuperSonics Thread

I see Sulia..... I'm guessing Bucher?

Also I thought I-91 was a nonissue?

It isn't in terms of building an arena in Seattle. It is an issue (in the NBA's eyes) in terms of the way Hansen has to build it to be a part of the league. Because the NBA can't distinguish local laws, because they are dumb. They think just because Hansen has to work this way, it'll set a bad precedent...which is just asinine, because as we know, there's no rhyme or reason to anything the NBA does.

Although, it would be interesting if Hansen got a hockey team and built the arena for that. Then, it wouldn't be an arena built for the NBA. It'd just be a state of the art arena in Seattle that the NBA couldn't ignore. Throw it back in their face a little bit.

Jim O'Donnell ‏@jodonnell17 20h
NBA has quietly been surverying a number of cities as a companion expansion franchise for Seattle; Omaha, believe it or not, is on list.

:nerd:

Omaha Lightning. Perfect

:lol: So bland.

I really like Omaha. It's a very clean and nice looking city. Haven't spent too much time there really, but from what I gather it's an underrated spot. I know about Nebraska's basketball demographic except maybe the small Creighton followers.

Last edited:
from the sounds of that interview Hansen had with Softy today, it sounds like he knows Seattle will be getting a team soon 
nerd.gif
happy.gif

imagine if its 2015.
with the first pick in the NBA draft, seattle picks Andrew wiggins :smokin

Last edited:
well i will be damned. so you are telling me that the expansion team has to go through the draft lottery?

They're not involved in the lottery, they just have a pick in the lottery. There's an expansion draft, where you draw from a pool of "unprotected" players from other teams (unrestricted FAs are off limits). I forget what determines where they draft in the lottery though.

well i will be damned. so you are telling me that the expansion team has to go through the draft lottery?

They're not involved in the lottery, they just have a pick in the lottery. There's an expansion draft, where you draw from a pool of "unprotected" players from other teams (unrestricted FAs are off limits). I forget what determines where they draft in the lottery though.

damn, thanks for teaching me something. :smokin

http://fox40.com/2013/08/16/source-chris-hansen-contributed-to-stop-campaign/

Source: Chris Hansen Contributed to STOP Campaign
See bio, contact info, and more articles from Ian McDonald
1 hour ago
by Ian McDonald
Web Producer

A New Kings Era
Comments
Share Update

Kings Lobby
Artist’s rendering of what the inside of Sacramento’s new arena could look like. Courtesy: AECOM, April 2013

SACRAMENTO-

Sources told FOX40 News Friday afternoon that Chris Hansen donated $80,000 to a group intent on halting Sacramento’s progress on a new downtown arena.

It was revealed this week that Sacramento Taxpayers Opposed to Pork were sent a considerable donation. A STOP spokesperson told FOX40 News Friday morning that the group never actually received those funds.

Hansen was the figurehead in an effort to buy the Sacramento Kings and relocate them to Seattle.

The NBA ruled against a relocation, and the Maloof family ended up selling the team to Vivek Ranadive.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/08/16/source-chris-hansen-contributed-to-stop-campaign/#ixzz2cB5aaQQ9

Rck, as the official niketalk spokesman for the city of Sacremento, how do you feel about what Hansen is doing?

Last edited:
Rck, as the official niketalk spokesman for the city of Sacremento, how do you feel about what Hansen is doing?
It's disheartening. Especially when I hold him in such high esteem and how he walked away from losing out on the Kings as a guy you wanted to root for.

Plus him going back on his word on leaving Sacramento alone hurts too.

Rewatch the interview I posted in here a few pages ago, he had me sold on what kind of guy he was. And to see him go the other way sucks.

Nobodys hands are clean in this business so its kinda weak to me that this would be held against Hansen :smh:

Like who wouldnt have attempted that move given the situation?

The Port of Seattle throwing their shots too...garbage :smh:

Back
Top Bottom