Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Ugh, I shouldn't have read that article... now I'm even more 
huffy.gif
huffy.gif
huffy.gif

I'm just glad Stern was in attendance to send OKC off on their summer fishing trip.

If the nightcap was Bulls/Heat and Stern said he had to catch a jet to Miami nobody would've been upset. I think people took that out of context because of the city that was mentioned.

I really don't see how that's taken out of context...at all

Stern is the king of snide remarks, nothing new here.

I really don't see how that's taken out of context...at all

Stern is the king of snide remarks, nothing new here.

Yep. Just heard a clip of Jason Puckett from KJR at the press conference asking questions to Stern and that guy is a snarky, pompous, immature, piece of ____. Nothing new, but I figured he'd act a little differently after Seattle lost for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
Stern actually lightened up a bit in the TNT interview last night. He knows better than to troll TNT, which has been incredibly important to the league's growth.

Cliffnotes on Stern's responses? I'm done following this issue on the SEA side of things.

Here we stayed 8)

If the nightcap was Bulls/Heat and Stern said he had to catch a jet to Miami nobody would've been upset. I think people took that out of context because of the city that was mentioned.

you really think anyone cared or asked him where he was going afterwards? has stern ever said before "lets make this quick i got to go to _____ to watch a game?" you think its just a coincidence that to a room filled with seattle reporters, and the whole city of seattle watching he would make a comment about OKC?

Stern is a VERY smart guy, and he's a lawyer's lawyer.  Trust that he knows exactly what is coming out of his mouth.

Right, because only Seattle was watching. Don't act like it was only Seattle reporters there, either. There were reporters from all major media outlets present at the presser. And, yes, he did have to mention it because the meeting took twice as long as it normally has compared to previous BoG meetings. Why did he have to say it? If he doesn't he get bombarded with question after question that would prolong his portion of the presser, it's not that hard to understand.

Stern knew what he was doing with that comment, come on now. He could have just left it as he has to get out of there, but he specified an OKC game out of all things.

Last edited:
I know alot off yall really don't like Stern and for some reason hate KJ..... but I hope you guys aren't this guy 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
mean.gif

[h2]Basketball Fan Makes Death Threats against Mayor Johnson, David Stern on Twitter[/h2]

Vivek Ranadive, Mayor Kevin Johnson and Mark Friedman address the media after the NBA Board of Governors vote to keep the Kings in Sacramento. May 2013
Courtesy: NBA

SACRAMENTO-

An upset basketball fan said he wanted to kill Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, NBA Commissioner David Stern and league owners Thursday on Twitter.

“They’re the meanest. I have no more sympathy. I wish death upon KJ, Stern, and the 22 owners who voted against SEA,” read one tweet from a man calling himself Cornelius Green. The tweets in question have since been deleted.

Click here to read the deleted tweets.

Wednesday, NBA owners voted 22-8 against the relocation of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle. The vote effectively ended the chances for the Seattle ownership group to buy the team from the Maloofs.

Mayor Johnson’s security and local police have reportedly been alerted to the threats.

“The Maloofs aren’t selling to SAC. Hansen will beat them to the punch. I wish I had a gun to kill Stern and KJ,” read another tweet.

The man, who also says he’s from South Carolina, also wrote in a comment thread on his Facebook wall that he wanted to beat David Stern to death.

this link has all the tweets.. disgusting 

http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/Seatle_fan_makes_threats_on_KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I know alot off yall really don't like Stern and for some reason hate KJ..... but I hope you guys aren't this guy 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
mean.gif

[h2]Basketball Fan Makes Death Threats against Mayor Johnson, David Stern on Twitter[/h2]

Vivek Ranadive, Mayor Kevin Johnson and Mark Friedman address the media after the NBA Board of Governors vote to keep the Kings in Sacramento. May 2013

Courtesy: NBA

SACRAMENTO-

An upset basketball fan said he wanted to kill Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, NBA Commissioner David Stern and league owners Thursday on Twitter.

“They’re the meanest. I have no more sympathy. I wish death upon KJ, Stern, and the 22 owners who voted against SEA,” read one tweet from a man calling himself Cornelius Green. The tweets in question have since been deleted.

Click here to read the deleted tweets.

Wednesday, NBA owners voted 22-8 against the relocation of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle. The vote effectively ended the chances for the Seattle ownership group to buy the team from the Maloofs.

Mayor Johnson’s security and local police have reportedly been alerted to the threats.

“The Maloofs aren’t selling to SAC. Hansen will beat them to the punch. I wish I had a gun to kill Stern and KJ,” read another tweet.

The man, who also says he’s from South Carolina, also wrote in a comment thread on his Facebook wall that he wanted to beat David Stern to death.

this link has all the tweets.. disgusting 

http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/Seatle_fan_makes_threats_on_KJ

:lol:

Elpablo don't do it bruh.

Nah, for real dude looks crazy as hell in that profile pic.

Last edited:

How the hell is that taken out of context? It is literally something he did not have to say at all. He is a ******g piece of ****, and I would never wish pain on anyone but good god this man is pushing it :smh:

Back
Top Bottom