Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Turns out that press-conference was really short. Just a basic introduction of Chris to the national-media and was only around 5mins. 

Chris Daniels is on Kiro radio right now.

And also, Wally Walker has been working behind-the-scenes on trying to get the Sonics back... 

Last edited:
So, the way I see it, everything prior to now is all bupkis. As far as rumors and the weight of certain actions by Hansen or KJ.

It pretty much just comes down to whether or not the owners want to do the honorable thing and allow the Kings to stay or bring back the Sonics (not the wrong thing) and hit pay dirt financially.

Weird situation. To Kings fans: Good luck and no hard feelings either way. *handshake*

So, the way I see it, everything prior to now is all bupkis. As far as rumors and the weight of certain actions by Hansen or KJ.

It pretty much just comes down to whether or not the owners want to do the honorable thing and allow the Kings to stay or bring back the Sonics (not the wrong thing) and hit pay dirt financially.

Weird situation. To Kings fans: Good luck and no hard feelings either way. *handshake*
If the Kings do leave I'd want them to go to Seattle>*
I posted that on 2/8/12 :smile: and I still stand by those words.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current majority owners of the Sacramento Kings urged the NBA to approve Chris Hansen’s acquisition of the team during the Seattle group’s presentation Wednesday to the league in New York City, local leaders said.

Hansen made his case that Seattle’s plan for the NBA is stronger than Sacramento’s, and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer asserted that all the pieces are in place to relocate the Kings to the Emerald City. That’s according to Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and King County Executive Dow Constantine, who held a news conference after their pitch to the NBA’s finance and relocation committees at the St. Regis Hotel in New York.

“Steve Ballmer finished up with something I’d call energetic and enthusiastic — a characteristically energetic presentation,” Constantine said. “And George Maloof also made remarks about the family’s interest in moving forward with the agreement they had with the Chris Hansen group.”

King-TV’s Chris Daniels tweeted  that George Maloof, whose family agreed in January to sell their 65 stake in the Kings to Hansen, was “very emotional” during his speech to the NBA owners, saying Hansen would be a good steward of the Kings franchise. If the purchase and relocation to Seattle are approved, the team would be renamed the SuperSonics.

Much of the 90-minute meeting focused on explaining the details of Seattle’s plan to the NBA committees, which are made up of majority team owners. Hansen was joined in the room by the Maloofs, Ballmer, McGinn, Constantine, two members of the Nordstrom family, and former Sonics CEO Wally Walker.

“The load was carried of course by Chris Hansen and the ownership team, reviewing what they were proposing and dealing with any questions as they came up,” McGinn said. “And we were there to express that Seattle supports bringing the NBA back to Seattle, and that there’s the political and public support for that. And I do think it was a very positive meeting.”
http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/20...-to-approve-kings-sale-relocation-to-seattle/

Give the people what they want!!!!

If god forbid the Kings were to move to Seattle, they should be forced to keep the "Kings" name and the retain the Kings history. The city must also acknowledge that they AREN'T the Sonics, and that the Sonics reside in OKC.

Kings aint movin though >D so ya can suck it :tongue: ..

Last edited:
If god forbid the Kings were to move to Seattle, they should be forced to keep the "Kings" name and the retain the Kings history. The city must also acknowledge that they AREN'T the Sonics, and that the Sonics reside in OKC.

I agree. or call them the Seattle Poachers :lol:

Let them be guys.

You didn't see them *****ing and moaning about losing their Sonics to OKC.

Just worry about ourselves :smile:

We will be ok.

Let them be guys.

You didn't see them *****ing and moaning about losing their Sonics to OKC.

Just worry about ourselves :smile:

We will be ok.

Here you go again...

Kings aint movin though >D so ya can suck it :tongue: ..

Kinda like how OKC had to keep the Sonics name, and they still acknowledge their existence?

What's this about one of the billionaires lined up to purchase the Kings dropping out of the group?

He dropped out because NBA determined his stake in a sports management company that has an NBA branch created a conflict of interest. He can't be involved with team ownership or in the arena build (hence why Jay-Z is selling his shares of the Nets). He's just going to develop land around the arena.

Ron Burkle withdrew from the bid due to conflict of interest. He is part of an ownership group that manages NBA players, the BoG saw that as a problem and it couldn't be resolved with Burkle remaining in the group. Mark Friedman, a local developer, has taken his place.

I see this as another event where the NBA is doing what it can to keep the Kings in Sacramento. If they really wanted to move the Kings to Seattle they wouldn't have cared about Burkle's involvement and they would have approved the Hansen sale already.

Keep the Kings in Sac :pimp: :pimp:

Utah should opt in to donate their team to Seattle. I mean, I merely forgot that Utah existed until I began to type in this thread.

I see this as another event where the NBA is doing what it can to keep the Kings in Sacramento. If they really wanted to move the Kings to Seattle they wouldn't have cared about Burkle's involvement and they would have approved the Hansen sale already.

That is quite a stretch.

Ron Burkle withdrew from the bid due to conflict of interest. He is part of an ownership group that manages NBA players, the BoG saw that as a problem and it couldn't be resolved with Burkle remaining in the group. Mark Friedman, a local developer, has taken his place.

To be fair, by all accounts Burkle was a pretty minor financial component of all this. He was just the ringleader (bringing in all the whales) and headed the arena process.

At least he got that term sheet together in time before this judgement came down 
laugh.gif

I'm sure the NBA would rather not uproot an NBA franchise, but in this case they were just following their own bylaws.

Back
Top Bottom